• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Three Glacier Giants

Heymrdiedier

Also, all of the daily prizes so far are repeats from last year and the year before. Since I already have them--and have deleted a few---not inspired to play for them.
im actually hoping the glacier garden or winter star pops up again this year. Since i mainly go for population rewards, and all the new rewards seem to be giving much fewers population per square compared to those 2.
I mainly go for population since im allready swarming in culture anyway, and i dont want cultural boosts since it doesnt help with goods.

DeletedUser1953

I do not understand the advantage of set buildings, it seems very crappy for me or do i miss something ?

DeletedUser1909

The advantage is that one is polished the hole set is polished. But Inno fails to realize that is a lot of real estate to use for the set Soggy Shorts figured it to be 7 x 7

DeletedUser1777

Hmmmm, just recognized the early collect for the set buildings doesn't exist (according tooltip).
So we have to wait the full 24h before we can collect the reward :confused:. As it is no AW, I would have expected the same collecting behavior as other eventbuilding have (i.e. mana hut)

upload_2017-12-2_11-38-55.png

Dony

King of Bugs
its because of that 1 kp, i think they made it so every bonus is 24h in winter set

Loki Blue

Anyone checked that?

Not as yet, since today's Daily Prize is the first of the Set Buildings. As soon as a forum member wins two Giant's Hands, they can test it. That's how it works in Forge of Empires, where we have something similar, so I suspect it would be the same.

DeletedUser1901

Is it worth it to win multiples of the daily prize set buildings since part of the set is a grand prize?

DeletedUser1163

Oh boy, here we go again. I'm up to Quest 35. Gain 24 Relics. What happened to the "OR" at the end of that quest? Some of us who have over scouted have not reached the Goblins & Orcs chapter yet. Hence, we cannot fight the hordes of enemies in Ring 11, only negotiate by spending diamonds.

We have another option to gain relics - the Tournament. You guessed it. The Tournament is closed right now. Since I cannot afford to spend diamonds all the time, I will just play another game until the tournament opens.

Sirenia

Oh boy, here we go again. I'm up to Quest 35. Gain 24 Relics. What happened to the "OR" at the end of that quest? Some of us who have over scouted have not reached the Goblins & Orcs chapter yet. Hence, we cannot fight the hordes of enemies in Ring 11, only negotiate by spending diamonds.

We have another option to gain relics - the Tournament. You guessed it. The Tournament is closed right now. Since I cannot afford to spend diamonds all the time, I will just play another game until the tournament opens.

This is ABSURD...the amount of relics.. #44 is another 24, then #76 is 32 relics, #90 is 40 and #99 is 50. unless you are way under scouted or have massive amounts of good and/or troops..then it's brick wall. Really absurd to expect lower level players to participate. This only encourages people to drop out of the game.

Deleted User - 60107

I GUESS we are expected to get the Relics from the tournament, but even if the tournament is active when we get one of those quests it's still difficult to do it once, much less 5 times...

Karvest

May be it's hard for 1-3 chapters, but seems it's ok for my end of chapter 4. Now at #69, and see no problems with taking enough relics. Not sure if I'll be able to finish quest line in this week, but there are 4 tournaments ahead to do it. One such quest per tournament looks pretty easy to do.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I GUESS we are expected to get the Relics from the tournament, but even if the tournament is active when we get one of those quests it's still difficult to do it once, much less 5 times...

I honestly don't like it that tournaments are becoming practically mandatory. It has such a large effect on everything you do now.
  • Do more levels and tournaments provinces than needed to get chest 10 (if all fellows participate), to get the relics needed for events
  • Training for tournaments (need many supplies)
  • Goods for tournaments (with event quests that ask for so many relics, only fighting is no longer an option)
  • Upgrade battle AWs (to hopefully reduce the unit losses, so you might one day be able to keep up with training)
And yes I know, you can skip events en tournaments, but more and more Fellowships do ask participation in tournaments.

Elvenar was suppose to be a city building game, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I wanted to build a beautiful fantasy city, but my city on live is vastly becoming a Military Base. :eek: Really not happy about that :(:(:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

but then again, this event lasts for 5 weeks, so i see no problem there. its not a race to get to the end first :)
(yes, i know we want to get quests done asap to spend them all on the prize we want most)

there are so many other ways to get relic, theres not even a need for tournament if you hate it that much

SoggyShorts

Is it worth it to win multiples of the daily prize set buildings since part of the set is a grand prize?
Yes, since they give bonuses for each different type of set building that they are touching up to 3 levels of bonus
Here are some sample layouts:
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/83fc4734030f401db12634872372f805/
Elvenar was suppose to be a city building game, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I wanted to build a beautiful fantasy city, but my city on live is vastly becoming a Military Base.
To be fair, the game was advertised to many of us as a combination city building/turn based combat game.
Also having troops and military buildings in a fantasy/medieval city kinda makes sense. I know I wouldn't build a city without some troops with so many shady characters around;)

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
if they augment more this set building idea in a future this can add a lot of deepness to a building aspect of the game

DeletedUser

To be fair, the game was advertised to many of us as a combination city building/turn based combat game.
Also having troops and military buildings in a fantasy/medieval city kinda makes sense. I know I wouldn't build a city without some troops with so many shady characters around;)

The game was originally introduced as a Fantasy City-builder / Strategy Game that would be especially appealing to women

if they augment more this set building idea in a future this can add a lot of deepness to a building aspect of the game

Then they should think more about the benefits of these set-buildings, because for me they are just not worth the space. Not in my Orcs / nearly Wood Elves city here on beta, and most certainly not for my end-tech city on Live.

But it will probably go the way as the rewards for the Adventures. Lot off boring work, and the reward is something only Scrooge would be proud of.

Last edited by a moderator: