• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Three Glacier Giants

SoggyShorts

Then they should think more about the benefits of these set-buildings, because for me they are just not worth the space. Not in my Orcs / nearly Wood Elves city here on beta, and most certainly not for my end-tech city on Live.
Really? I have made a few mock ups in Elven architect, and all of them save space.

I can think of only 3 playstyles where the set buildings are not more efficient than regular buildings for those in chapter 9+
  1. a zero mana buildings Dragon Abbey strategy, or
  2. a zero Tier 1 buildings cross tier trading strategy, or
  3. an all premium building strategy.
The mana building is more space efficeint than a normal mana building, and even better in a set
The goods building is close to a tier 1 for efficiency, better with set bonuses
The orc building is close to an orcs nest, and with no road and a set bonus is better

And that leaves the main building which is a little bigger than the ToS, also gives a KP, as well as coins, supplies, and culture.

What's not to like?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Really? I have made a few mock ups in Elven architect, and all of them save space.

I can think of only 3 playstyles where the set buildings are not more efficient than regular buildings for those in chapter 9+
  1. a zero mana buildings Dragon Abbey strategy, or
  2. a zero Tier 1 buildings cross tier trading strategy, or
  3. an all premium building strategy.
The mana building is more space efficeint than a normal mana building, and even better in a set
The goods building is close to a tier 1 for efficiency, better with set bonuses
The orc building is close to an orcs nest, and with no road and a set bonus is better

And that leaves the main building which is a little bigger than the ToS, also gives a KP, as well as coins, supplies, and culture.

What's not to like?

On live I have over 5 million t1-goods each. So why would I need a building that gives me 1860 t1-nonboosted per 24 hours? And why hould I try to conncect that hand to 3 others buildings to get 3 times 613 t1 goods?

On live I have over 600k Orcs. So why would I need a building that gives met 210 Orcs per 24 hours? Or try to connect it with other setbuildings to get a few more.

Supplies and coins are covered by Golden Abyss and Towers of Prosperity. Which also gives me more benefit. And for 1 kp per 24 hours I need to connect the Troll with 3 other setbuildings. That's not worth it.

Leaves mana. Mana is always nice. But that is also already covered by AWs and other mana buildings with more culture value. I might want to put some of the Frozen Fountains in my city because they are small buildings, but I don't see a major benefit to connect it with other large set buildings to squeeze out a bit more mana.

Dony

King of Bugs
events are about unique buildings which you cant get anywhere else, not about best in slot per tile buildings, if you play it this way, then it feels more as a duty then as a game, and you wont ever be satisfied

SoggyShorts

On live I have over 5 million t1-goods each. So why would I need a building that gives me 1860 t1-nonboosted per 24 hours? And why hould I try to conncect that hand to 3 others buildings to get 3 times 613 t1 goods?
On live I have over 600k Orcs. So why would I need a building that gives met 210 Orcs per 24 hours? Or try to connect it with other setbuildings to get a few more.
The set buildings are good replacements for orcs, mana, and T1 factories, but if you don't need any of those 3 pretty major resources, then this begs the question:
What do you get someone who has everything?
I mean what WOULD you want as a building?o_O

If you have a massive stockpile of every resource in the game, I can't see any prize coming out that would satisfy you without being crazy overpowered for someone who just got to chapter 11.

In your situation I guess I'd just ignore the buildings and use all of my keys on either military buff buildings or instants, which is the same advice I'd give any player that is near the end of a chapter, but won't get into the next one before the event is over.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The set buildings are good replacements for orcs, mana, and T1 factories, but if you don't need any of those 3 pretty major resources, then this begs the question:
What do you get someone who has everything?
I mean what WOULD you want as a building?o_O

If you have a massive stockpile of every resource in the game, I can't see any prize coming out that would satisfy you without being crazy overpowered for someone who just got to chapter 11.

In your situation I guess I'd just ignore the buildings and use all of my keys on either military buff buildings or instants, which is the same advice I'd give any player that is near the end of a chapter, but won't get into the next one before the event is over.

Yes, that is the problem end-tech are facing now. I've been twiddling my thumbs for over 3 months now, stockpiling on just about everything, and upgrading my AWs. The new chapter is still 2 months away, so I can continue this even longer.
This is the 3rd long event I've got in the same chapter (halflings). The summer and fall event already gave me more event buildings than I could possible place. So there's just no fun for me in another big event :(

Do you need to ask what I want for Christmas? How about some challenges? Or dare I say it, how about a new chapter?

DeletedUser

@Marindor
These are reward buildings which buff each other when they are placed directly next to each other (in a set).
How is "placed directly next to each other" defined ? If corners touch is that enough ?
So does this count as a full set (3 bonuses):
Knipsel.JPG

or do you only get 2 bonuses ?

DeletedUser118

Look at the right picture at the bottom. There you see that only one building needs to touch the other to get the full bonus. In your picture all buildings are somehow touching each other, so the full bonus should be working.

Deleted User - 60107

Look at the right picture at the bottom. There you see that only one building needs to touch the other to get the full bonus. In your picture all buildings are somehow touching each other, so the full bonus should be working.
The pictures at the bottom show how connecting to the Main Hall works, it says nothing about the set bonus. What's more, the second picture shows the buildings from the first picture (with the completed productions from the first picture) shuffled around.

DeletedUser

I suspect that with the right picture you only get 1 bonus, not all 3.
That's why I want to now how touching works exactly ? For me corners do touch also but I'm not sure if the devs thinks the same, history has shown they mostly think different. :p

DeletedUser2256

Dony

King of Bugs
The pictures at the bottom show how connecting to the Main Hall works, it says nothing about the set bonus. What's more, the second picture shows the buildings from the first picture (with the completed productions from the first picture) shuffled around.
right now it is not possible to move any building from set or it will reset timer and you lose any production

SoggyShorts

That's why I want to now how touching works exactly ? For me corners do touch also but I'm not sure if the devs thinks the same, history has shown they mostly think different. :p
When a Weeping Willow touches corners with a road it shows as not being connected. This leads me to think the same will be true of set buildings.

Last edited:

ALdbeign

I see a big balance problem in a second grand prize, assuming next FA will have this grand prizes as a rewards, second place will have much superior reward then first place, everybody value extra KP over extra pop/cul. So unless FA gets rebalanced prizes or first place gets all 3 grand prizes i dont see that this will make a good incentive to play for that particular FA
Noone in my FS values a single KP per day over pop and only of those of us sitting one 100k+ culture would consider wasting space on 1kp per day for 26 tiles of space minimum. (I can't sell from the wiki pic if the smallest building is 2x3 or 2x4 as in one of them is either 2x3 or 3x3 while the other smaller building is clearly 2x4). Personally, I hold out for military buildings and pop boosters. I have coins and culture coming out of my ears. I was grabbing mana buildings the last couple events but since i am consistently over 1mil mana every morning after my collections, this last one didn't appeal to me.

if they augment more this set building idea in a future this can add a lot of deepness to a building aspect of the game
A lot of frustration is more like it, on FoE is you move a building but it maintains it relationship to the other set buildings and the road, the counter doesn't reset. Here, if i move my single building 1 tile (or even not move it at all, just threaten to and click ok then leave it exactly where it is) the timer resets. (yes, I tested this, only lost 30 mins intentionally :p)

370px-Connexion2.png

Yes, I would very much like clarification on this question as well.

Also,
23 Scout 1 Province
:mad:Seriously?o_O

Last edited:

DeletedUser118

So it does matter to how many buildings each of them is connected?

If we move the lower right one, one step upwards so its connected directly to the upper left one too, would then all three bonuses work?

DeletedUser

So it does matter to how many buildings each of them is connected?

If we move the lower right one, one step upwards so its connected directly to the upper left one too, would then all three bonuses work?
I guess you would get 3 bonuses for 1 building then while the others only get 2 bonuses.

DeletedUser118

I guess you would get 3 bonuses for 1 building then while the others only get 2 bonuses.

But is it even possible at all, to have all buildings have connection to the other three?