• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Three Glacier Giants

DeletedUser1908

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see our announcement for this year's Winter Event here and let us know what you think about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Is there a spoiler sheet for the Three Glacier Giants event?

DeletedUser724

It is too bad about the scout quest

I have a current scouting
as I know there is a scout quest coming
so i do not go to world-map to acknowledge

when i get scout quest
I go to world-map, it do not count

my next scout is almost 76 hour, it mean I need 76 hour for that quest

there is many factors affecting our progress in event quests

we have our city build up..
we are lack of population and area, some player cannot afford to upgrade another building to level 14 or above ( as no more upgrade is possible)

would Inno re-consider scout is only considered completed after u go to world map instead of completed it secretly

there is no hurry for player to complete the scouting as next scouting is only possible after u re-enter world map to re-start

Dony

King of Bugs
would Inno re-consider scout is only considered completed after u go to world map instead of completed it secretly
scouting works as intended, on server it ends exactly when needed, what we experience is delay between client and server same way as goods are from trades, once you make game to receive data from server it updates

DeletedUser1901

Kinda surprised that a building from the first Winter Event (aka the event where every building was completely broken stats-wise) is a Daily Prize. Frozen Lake makes the Blue Tree Enclosure look like a real POS.
Edit* Ignore me, i forgot that I am not in Fairies Chapter anymore. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1953

There are 4 different building in set, but can we have more than 1 ? And if it is the case, if i have 2x the same set's building, does the bonus apply ?

Loki Blue

There are 4 different building in set, but can we have more than 1 ? And if it is the case, if i have 2x the same set's building, does the bonus apply ?

Not when placed together. There would need to be a different part of the set between them.

ALdbeign

For set buildings it works slightly differently: The building itself needs a road connection to the Main Hall. When set buildings are placed right next to each other and only 1 has a connection to the Main Hall, it counts as if all these set buildings have that connection :cool:
This is an amazing advantage over the FoE set buildings if true! No offense Marindor, I don't think you would lie to us, but this is something you have confirmed and not just considered logical?

Loki Blue

Not thrilled with

20 Solve 8 Encounters or buy 8 Knowledge Points
21 Gain 20 Relics
35 Gain 24 Relics

but it could be worse.
I've just seen the first official trailer for Infinity War,
so I know it can be worse.

:p

DeletedUser

I don't need more buildings ! :mad:
Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 Building to level 14 or higher
Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 4 or higher
Upgrade 5 Buildings to level 3 or higher
Research 1 Technology or Upgrade 1 Building to level 20 or higher
Upgrade 4 Buildings to level 5 or higher
Upgrade 5 Buildings to level 6 or higher
Upgrade 10 Buildings to level 4 or higher

DeletedUser

I don't need more buildings ! :mad:
Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 4 or higher
Upgrade 5 Buildings to level 3 or higher
Upgrade 5 Buildings to level 6 or higher
Upgrade 10 Buildings to level 4 or higher

Neither do I on live
On beta I don't have room to upgrade that many low level buildings

lika1961

The quests in this event once again prove that there is absolutely no innovative thinking in compiling events. It is the same thing we have seen many times now. It is extremely BORING! Having to build many small workshops and tier 1 goods factories to complete quests is neither interesting nor fun. The description of the daily exclusive today is "An elf once planted a Father Tree during winter, and as fate had ordained, he randomly dropped a candy cane close by". Really? That's the best you can do?

Inno, if you are trying to distract us from being really irritated about the current state of the game, your plan Is not working. If anything, this event is making it worse for me. The sad thing is though, it doesn't seem like you care about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser802

So here is the Winter event 2017. Can't say I am very impressed. First, the special buildings are not very attractive or even very interesting. And yes, when I work for special buildings, l like them to be attractive. If I only want a building that is useful, I can get that anytime, either from the regular menu or by buying diamonds only stuff. These new special building did not inspire me to work to get them.

Also, all of the daily prizes so far are repeats from last year and the year before. Since I already have them--and have deleted a few---not inspired to play for them.

And is anyone but me just plain exhausted by the back-to-back special events that have been run here? By the time the Winter event rolled around, I was just too tired and "evented-out" if you understand my meaning. Not to mention that the earlier events drained my resources to the dregs. The previous events used up a whole lot of my resources, and I have not had anywhere near enough time to recoup the loss. Most especially things like goods. Some of the quests of earlier events had enormous costs-----like the quests that required you to get umpteen relics by battling or negotiating for dozens of territories. My city is to the point on the map where all the territories are now far beyond my "troops" capacity to win in any battle, so the only recourse is negotiating----which costs far too much.

Usually I love the special events, but I feel like I have been overloaded with them in the last few months. I am just tired of them. Think I will sit this one out. Maybe by the next event I will have recovered a bit.

DeletedUser332

So here is the Winter event 2017. Can't say I am very impressed. First, the special buildings are not very attractive or even very interesting. And yes, when I work for special buildings, l like them to be attractive. If I only want a building that is useful, I can get that anytime, either from the regular menu or by buying diamonds only stuff. These new special building did not inspire me to work to get them.

Also, all of the daily prizes so far are repeats from last year and the year before. Since I already have them--and have deleted a few---not inspired to play for them.

And is anyone but me just plain exhausted by the back-to-back special events that have been run here? By the time the Winter event rolled around, I was just too tired and "evented-out" if you understand my meaning. Not to mention that the earlier events drained my resources to the dregs. The previous events used up a whole lot of my resources, and I have not had anywhere near enough time to recoup the loss. Most especially things like goods. Some of the quests of earlier events had enormous costs-----like the quests that required you to get umpteen relics by battling or negotiating for dozens of territories. My city is to the point on the map where all the territories are now far beyond my "troops" capacity to win in any battle, so the only recourse is negotiating----which costs far too much.

Usually I love the special events, but I feel like I have been overloaded with them in the last few months. I am just tired of them. Think I will sit this one out. Maybe by the next event I will have recovered a bit.

Is it a bad thing if you don't do an event? I mean, if you're going all-out on everything the game throws at you, of course you're going to get burned out on it. That's just what happens to us when we apply a lot of effort to something over an extended period of time. My advice is to not try so hard all the time. Take a more relaxed approach and you'll find it much more enjoyable rather than feeling like work or being stressful.

Anecdotal experience here, but as an example I originally thought the Halloween event was too demanding and had intended to skip over it. However, even with that dismissive mindset I still ended up completing the event anyway with a couple of days to spare and I was pleasantly surprised by that. It certainly felt a lot better to 'accidentally' complete it than if I'd actually made it my primary focus.

For my part, I think having events is fine. They're only running for about half the time, and they present opportunities to get special buildings or at the very least some extra quest rewards for doing things you're generally already doing while playing the game anyway.

SoggyShorts

For my part, I think having events is fine. They're only running for about half the time
Even less if you focus them. Most major events that are ~30 days long can be completed in less than half that time. So while it feels like the next event is right on the heels of a major one, you can easily have almost a 1 month gap between them.