• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Three Glacier Giants

DeletedUser1681

Okies, so I have the Frozen fountain and Ice mountain troll - when I connect these two I get some extra mana from the first and supplies from the second when the first level bonus is activated ?
I can't/won't try it out myself just now as I'm in the middle of upgrading residences (new ones going the other direction than the old ones) so I need the space for that and as we can't put event prizes in storage *insert displeased muttering*... so, I'm not in the position to try out. But I think/hope I got the idea this time.

I'm just a couple of keys short of trying one more time (very unlucky today - thought I had a chance) but probably won't win the Frozen orc vortex.

Lisha

Yes, @Heffernan, you've got it right.
This is my Troll connected to a few fountains and a hand (=2 bonuses) in my main city on a live server, so you can see what it looks like when placed:
IMG_20171226_174126.png

DeletedUser1163

I had one more Workshop that needed to produce Bread to finish this event. It would take me 36 mins. Only had 41 mins until the event closed. Will I do it? I hope so because I’d really like another Father Tree of Candy Canes and those citizens clinging to its branches.

I did it!! Two more Father Trees of Candy Canes mean 1780 more citizens. Still didn't get the Giant’s Hand but I’m still a happy elf. Would you believe this is the first event I've finished? Now to build my goods production back up. Okay citizens, the holidays are over, back to work… please.

If the game devs would lower the cost of goods required to complete events, we would have more goods to trade with our fellowship and neighbors. Noticed each time an event starts, everyone starts hoarding their goods. Players new to Elvenar need all the help we can give them so they don’t get frustrated and stop playing Elvenar.

DeletedUser

Which quest cost you goods?
"Buy KP" can be done with coins
"gain relics" can be done with troops

Sure, but:
"Buy KP" after a couple of these long events, the costs of KPs in coins will rise to extreme costs
"gain relics" , tournaments work best, but you need to train your troops and during such a long event you can't keep up :(

DeletedUser1596

Hi there kids, want some feedback? :)

- Double days for those who like the third grand prize was a nice move.
- Set buildings is an interesting thing but getting them is a bit tricky. One of my FS members dedicated this event to a set, got very unlucky and didn't get the last building. This is a lot of work for an incomplete set. Maybe, just maybe, the set buildings could have a fixed price like 800 keys instead of a x% chance.
- Some quests like upgrade a building to level 58 or produce 1233 beverages are annoying as hell.
- Winter star from the last year event is still the nicest winter building. Enlarge it to 4x4, replace the snow with the a sand, change the star color to red, name it a heart of a desert and make it a grand prize of a summer event. ... or not. I just like this building :)

Karvest

"gain relics" , tournaments work best, but you need to train your troops and during such a long event you can't keep up
Finished quest line in 2 weeks. Goods and troops were enough to progress from the end of chapter 4 to the start of dwarves during the event.

Jixel

Only one of my 4 cities got the full set of set buildings - I was expecting that there would be a second chance for each set building later in the event, so that people who had missed out could save up to try again, but ... that didn't happen :(
Also liked the idea of the double-crown days - for me, it means making sure that I reached the second main prize in each city, third prize is pretty unlikely unless I have a really lucky run somewhere ...

DeletedUser

But isn't using troops in the tournament something you normally do anyways?

Yes off course, but with 40 and than 50 relics quests, it means you need to fight more than you would normally do. And then you get into trouble with training.
It depends on how many unit upgrade research you have already done, but believe me when you've finished the halflings, training for tournaments is becoming a real pain. Not because of the supplies cost, but only because it will take you about 2-3 hours to get one single troop trained.

Doing more than 10 provinces, 5 or 6 rounds, costs me about 50-70 troops. That's about 1 1/2 week non-stop training

Karvest

But you don't need such a big number of provinces*rounds to get 40 or 50 relics.
Regular tourney with 2k points, starting at 10 provinces and taking only ones giving KP (10x1*,10x2*,9x3*,8x4*,5x5*,2x6*) gives 117 relics, that is more than needed for both 40 and 50 relics quests to be closed in one tournament.

Loki Blue

Didn't get the Ice Hag, but I am so very pleased with what gifts I did receive. I actually managed to clear all 13 provinces I was short in order to unlock the Advanced Scouts for Chapter 5, but I didn't get there in time to solve the quest I was on. So no Candy Cane Father Tree for me. But still, I had a wonderful time. :)

Wonderland.jpg

Thanks very much for this. :D

DeletedUser1901

I was disappointed to not see the Grounds of the Orc Strategist and Orc Nest as daily prize offerings. A bit of my planning for chapter 8 was riding on the fact that Orc Nest has been a staple in Events for many months. I can kind of understand the Orc Nest not showing up since one of the set buildings adds orcs. However, for players in chapter 8 the Fountain not giving mana makes the set hard to justify pretty quickly, as do most all of the event prize buildings gained in chapter 8.
Also, i've said this before, but the buildings that are the same but have a different color are horrible options for dailies. Color and graphics are an aesthetic issue for players, and since they add different values arbitrarily based on color or graphics it makes no sense. 6 2x2s that add only culture but have slight stat variation and different color are not needed and punish players that want certain colors or graphics. I am glad to see some 1x2 options alongside the 2x1s!

SoggyShorts

It depends on how many unit upgrade research you have already done, but believe me when you've finished the halflings, training for tournaments is becoming a real pain. Not because of the supplies cost, but only because it will take you about 2-3 hours to get one single troop trained.
Doing more than 10 provinces, 5 or 6 rounds, costs me about 50-70 troops. That's about 1 1/2 week non-stop training
I am at the end of halflings on 2 accounts, and I'm training ~180 squads per week, getting 1600+ points and 100+ relics per week is costing me around 100-120 squads.
Did you skip any techs?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WijzEhGh2rF-F_LftHXKZa9ZY7qYC96BmkVr7EOAGJY/edit?usp=sharing