• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Three Glacier Giants

DeletedUser118

Not with 4 buildings. You would need multiple buildings of each and then find a perfect setup. :p

That's exactly what I mean. You seem to need to chose which building you want to give to you the most bonuses.

I'd still prefer if all bonuses were availble if all 4 buildings are connected in any kind of way. They just need to be all together. Kinda like a train. :)

SoggyShorts

@Katzenprinz
set3.png

That's pretty close, every building gets the full bonus except the bottom left mana

SoggyShorts

set4.png

Since I only got 2 giants hands, this is now what I'm going for.
  • 12k mana (replaces 40 squares of libraries)
  • 6K tier1 per day (replaces half of a L23 Tier 1 saving about 20 squares)
  • 240 orcs (replaces an orcs nest saving 8 squares)
So I'm pretty much improving my city by 20K culture and the coins/supplies/KP that the main building gives me, and saving 4 squares.
Not bad for 6 buildings worth of keys.

It's also an easy set up to play with as I can flip both of the GH with the MF to get more goods/less mana if I want, or just flip one and balance it between the 2 (and get more orcs)

If I can win more than 2 mana then this is the plan:
set5.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser118

Uhm... I thought its a set of 4, not 40 buildings that can be connected. Am I misunderstanding something here?? :confused:

SoggyShorts

Uhm... I thought its a set of 4, not 40 buildings that can be connected. Am I misunderstanding something here?? :confused:
Connect as many as you want (although there is only 1 ice mountain available)
That pic above is for 3 possible layouts, I couldn't do all 3 no matter how lucky I got due to there only being 1 of the main building available.

I'm a little more focused on the Frozen Fountain than anything else as it is the most efficient mana building in the game when it has the full bonus (40.8 mana/sq and doesn't need a road)

My plan for mana will now be
2 mana huts and both masq buildings = 25K + almost 6K per fountain.
That and a level 6 dragon abbey should be plenty.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1681

That and a level 6 dragon abbey should be plenty.
Unless the game team does the math too and do what they did awhile ago - down went the value of a prize building. Can't remember the name of it anymore but I do remember I binned some quite soon afterwards. It left me forever suspicious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

DeletedUser2286

for example if you place only 6 connected fountains, only the first one need the road connection or not?

DeletedUser

for example if you place only 6 connected fountains, only the first one need the road connection or not?
Yes, but you won't get any set bonus with only 6 fountains. You need at least one of the others set buildings to get a set bonus.

DeletedUser2286

Yes, but you won't get any set bonus with only 6 fountains. You need at least one of the others set buildings to get a set bonus.

thanks, I know that i don't get bonus, but i'm considering to focussing on mana and place more fountains :)

SoggyShorts

thanks, I know that i don't get bonus, but i'm considering to focussing on mana and place more fountains :)
That's not a bad idea- Other than mana huts, the Frozen Fountain is the best mana building in the game even without the set bonus.
You'll most likely get the second grand prize anyways, so if you surround it with mana huts you'll get even more.

EDIT: When you factor in that the FF doesn't need a road, and the mana hut needs at least 1 road, the FF becomes the best mana/sq building in the game without a set bonus.

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

That's not a bad idea- Other than mana huts, the FF is the best mana building in the game even without the set bonus.
You'll most likely get the second grand prize anyways, so if you surround it with mana huts you'll get even more.

EDIT: When you factor in that the FF doesn't need a road, and the mana hut needs at least 1 road, the FF becomes the best mana/sq building in the game without a set bonus.
whats a FF? cant you use full name at least once so we know what your talking about? :)

DeletedUser1921

There is a “problem” with task 39 (research 1 technology or upgrade 1 building to level 20 or higher) I am at the dwarven chapter. Level 20 buildings can be obtained during or after the dwarven chapter. I cannot progress here, because I do not have space yet to build granite mines. So I am stuck. it would have been better to have a building upgrade to level 16 or so?

DeletedUser1596

There is a “problem” with task 39 (research 1 technology or upgrade 1 building to level 20 or higher) I am at the dwarven chapter. Level 20 buildings can be obtained during or after the dwarven chapter. I cannot progress here, because I do not have space yet to build granite mines. So I am stuck. it would have been better to have a building upgrade to level 16 or so?

This quest is also super annoying for everyone who has the city fully upgraded and research finished. Building a level 20 structure from the scratch is hell of a fun.

DeletedUser502

Hey guys, I'm trying to understand something. This new building from the quest (Magnificent Mage Multiplier). It has a 50% bonus on attack value for mage, right? Is it gonna expire, I mean, the bonus?

If that is true, why should I try to get this buiding anyway? I don't get it, why is this prize being offered?

Last edited by a moderator:

Loki Blue

Hey guys, I'm trying to understand something. This new building from the quest (Magnificent Mage Multiplier). It has a 50% bonus on attack value for mage, right? Is it gonna expire, I mean, the bonus?

If that is true, why should I try to get this buiding anyway? I don't get it, why is this prize being offered?

This is a great question for @SoggyShorts to explain. He's good with things like this.