• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Masquerade pt 2

DeletedUser

While I can’t complete the 2nd part of this event on beta, because of the requirement to finish the first half and that they won’t do this type of event in the future, I still wanted to give a little feedback.

The workshop quests are doable with only 8 workshops, but if you make one mistake and don’t catch it, you won’t be able to finish it. My suggestion for this is that they need a pop up production window of sorts that line items all the workshops and factories in your kingdom. This would allow for rechecking your productions a little easier. And it would also allow you to collect from certain factories and workshops without having to click one by one in your kingdom or do the sweep click and collect everything.

The scouting/upgrade quests – not a fan of these as it opens up my map sooner than I may want to and possibly change my map from easy to medium or worse. Same with upgrading a building. I may not want to upgrade any buildings, or maybe it’s something I save just for events.

The 2 relics quests – I’m just not sure this is feasible in the time allowed. I will try, but if I need to also complete my regular map, I may skip this if I’m not ready to complete provinces in my kingdom. It might be easier being in an fs with tournaments but not everyone is in a fellowship.

Research a technology, this is normally easy for me as I’ve learned to add the kps but not activate the technology until an event. Or leave the technology with one kp to finish for the “spend 1 kp quest” and then activate it with the research 1 technology quest.

There are few suggestions that I’d also rather skip or maybe change:

Trading quests – not really a fan of these either as my map is small and I incur larger trading fees if my immediate neighbors do not have trades. Not an issue with an fs I suppose, but again, there are people not in fellowships.

Visiting 100 neighbors – This would take me 3 days to finish. Visiting 100 neighbors is too much. A smaller amount would be good and could also be made to be more specific, click 5 builder’s huts or click on 5 cultural buildings with spells on them.

Suggestions I think are very good and the devs should think about implementing, as they enhance my kingdom without over building and being tedious.
Building roads and upgrading roads
Training Units
Adding Kps to wonders – maybe even tied to a specific wonder ie add 15 kps to a Dwarven Bulwark.

Not sure if these were suggested but:
Buy x amount of kps with tier 1 goods and gold.
Buy from the wholesaler with tier 1 goods as well as with gold and supplies.
Gain x amount of supplies from a wonder/or Add 15 kps to an Endless Excavation Wonder
Gain x amount of gold from a wonder/or Add 15 kps to a Golden Abyss
Help upgrade a wonder and receive the gold chest
Help upgrade a wonder and receive the blue chest
wonders may have a lot of potential to adding quests in future events.

As the game grows, I’m sure there will be more things that can be added to events but for now coming up with something new isn’t very easy or if they are even possible to implement. Thanks for reading my wall of text.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser332

Buy x amount of kps with tier 1 goods and gold.
Buy from the wholesaler with tier 1 goods as well as with gold and supplies.
Gain x amount of supplies from a wonder/or Add 15 kps to an Endless Excavation Wonder
Gain x amount of gold from a wonder/or Add 15 kps to a Golden Abyss
Help upgrade a wonder and receive the gold chest
Help upgrade a wonder and receive the blue chest

Pretty much all of these are already in the game in the form of the catch-all 'spend KP' and 'use the wholesaler' quests that usually appear during quest chains. I personally don't think that making requirements more specific is synonymous with more interesting gameplay, but I do think that doing so is trying to make something simple into something more complicated. Meanwhile, folks are already complaining that workshop/supply quests asking for specific productions are boring.

In a nutshell, it's been said that the 2nd half of the Masquerade will be rather difficult to finish in the allotted time, but it's also been said that this is intended.

In any case, having 2 rather nice mana producers is better than one, and I won't have to spend diamonds to obtain them like I would for something like a Garden Party or any of the other premium mana-producing buildings. Considering the prize that's on offer, as a late-game player I think the amount of 'work' needed is adequate. However, I can see why players who haven't reached the mana chapters would be underwhelmed, since a supply production (while nice from a culture building) isn't super great. However, some of us did ask for mana-producing buildings from events and now we've finally got a couple in the form of buildings that, for a change, are more useful to late-game players than they are to newbies. I only wish it had happened an event sooner...The Herds Gathering and Great Auction in my city would have been fantastic mana producers I'm sure, but oh well. :p

DeletedUser

In any case, having 2 rather nice mana producers is better than one, and I won't have to spend diamonds to obtain them like I would for something like a Garden Party or any of the other premium mana-producing buildings. Considering the prize that's on offer, as a late-game player I think the amount of 'work' needed is adequate. However, I can see why players who haven't reached the mana chapters would be underwhelmed, since a supply production (while nice from a culture building) isn't super great. However, some of us did ask for mana-producing buildings from events and now we've finally got a couple in the form of buildings that, for a change, are more useful to late-game players than they are to newbies. I only wish it had happened an event sooner...The Herds Gathering and Great Auction in my city would have been fantastic mana producers I'm sure, but oh well. :p

Sorry, but the event buildings I have been "winning" lately are not very useful in my Dwarven and now Fairy city. The cultural value of these buildings are too low to be anything more than a space occupier, even when the building is only culture.
The exception was the Herd Gathering and the Great Action, the rest was neglectable.

The grand prize of Masquerade II, will give me: 410 culture, 210 population and 4600 supplies per 8h. Culture and population is way too low for a 4x4 building and I don't need or want culture/supplies buildings. Needless to say, but I won't be doing this event. It's just not worth the effort :(:(

DeletedUser1677

So it just went live on live server :eek:
What quest-list can we expect?

Deleted User - 60107

Which means this will be the first event I will not complete. There's no way I'll get anough Relics for the final quest without the turnament, and the tournament will definitely be over before the last quest.

DeletedUser

Luckily the main award building is so bad, nobody should want that one. o_O

DeletedUser

Luckily the main award building is so bad, nobody should want that one. o_O

Except if you're in a mana chapter. the mana the building gives is pretty high ;)
But yes, below mana chapters, it's not worth the effort (again!) :(

DeletedUser

While I haven’t done a lot of events, I’ve participated in most of them from this year. I went back to Wizards’ site and found Buying KPs and training units have been in events. Trading, producing workshop supplies, gaining relics, gaining goods etc have all been in the events as well.

As beta testers, we were asked to give feedback on the quest list. To poo poo on new suggestions and not give a suggestion of how to make it better, you might just get the same tired quests. TomatoeHue suggested the kps to wonders, which is something new for events and would help new players learn about wonders (spending 23 kps can be used for research as well or randomly added to any wonder). If the kps are specific to one wonder, then the likelihood of that wonder being upgraded is increased. As a fellowship, you could even decide to focus the kps on one wonder and completely upgrade a wonder during each event. As an individual, you can help neighbors or add them to your own. It’s a quest everyone can do, except for people just starting the game.

DeletedUser

While I haven’t done a lot of events, I’ve participated in most of them from this year. I went back to Wizards’ site and found Buying KPs and training units have been in events. Trading, producing workshop supplies, gaining relics, gaining goods etc have all been in the events as well.

As beta testers, we were asked to give feedback on the quest list. To poo poo on new suggestions and not give a suggestion of how to make it better, you might just get the same tired quests. TomatoeHue suggested the kps to wonders, which is something new for events and would help new players learn about wonders (spending 23 kps can be used for research as well or randomly added to any wonder). If the kps are specific to one wonder, then the likelihood of that wonder being upgraded is increased. As a fellowship, you could even decide to focus the kps on one wonder and completely upgrade a wonder during each event. As an individual, you can help neighbors or add them to your own. It’s a quest everyone can do, except for people just starting the game.

@Guinevere456 Love your idea :):):)
One very small problem, you can't donate in AW until you have researched the first AW technology (halfway chapter 2), so the would have to adjust that.

DeletedUser1901

I think it would be interesting to have an event quest that is a pre-constructed battle simulator of sorts. The idea being that the quest-giver sends us into a battle where we do not use our own troops. Instead we get a pre-set troop configuration and enemy configuration. Then we battle it as many times as we need to until we win. This could help new players to see some fundamentals of battle, and could just be a fun little change of pace from setting and collecting productions. A problem with this idea could be the length of the battle, so the devs would have to set the squad sizes and what-not to make the battle last only a certain amount of time.

DeletedUser1998

So nice that they listened to all our input then completely ignored it!
Sometimes I wonder why we bother.

Masquerade pt 2 ? forget about it - I'll wait till the Fellowship Adventures go live......

DeletedUser118

Did they actually change anything compared to the list posted in here? I'm not on live so I can't tell. o_O