• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Masquerade pt 2

lika1961

So:

Them: "Hey what do you think?"
Us: "we dont like xxxxx"
Them: "Okay, then we ignore you, and do what we first planned"

Us : "Then why did you bother to ask us?"
Them : " Because we knew you would be unhappy that the event was not tested on Beta first, so we made you think that your input is valid. Even though
we had pretty much made up our minds not to change anything."
Us : "Even though some of the quests again exclude smaller players and are mind-numbingly boring?"
Them : "Those are the breaks, kid. Sometimes life is unfair. You just have to learn to deal with it."
Us : "But this is not life, this is a game and it is supposed to be fun. Being excluded or bored to death is not fun."
Them : "But it is fun for us to create these ridiculous quests and imagine how many of you won't be able to do them. Lots of fun. What? You meant you want to have fun? Sorry, that is not something we are keen on, so stop whining and make 1000 beverages. That will teach you not to complain."

Last edited:

DeletedUser1677

"- Produce Advanced Tools 16 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 16 productions)"

Okay, the event is live on live servers.
Let's do some math:
For that quest, I need 161k supplies.
My workshops are lvl 25. The max until I unlock next upgrade in tech tree.
On creating advanced tools, I get 7456 supplies pr workshop. I have 160% culture bonus atm.
7456 x 16 workshops (if I had 16) = 119k.
119k is 74% of 160k.
To do 160k, with advanced tools, I have to do 22 advanced tools.
How is 74% almost 100%??
95% would be "almost the same amount". 74% is not even 3/4.

Hope you will look into this....

DeletedUser1677

@MissLindell I'm going to guess they're assuming we're going to be using PoP spells on these productions.
Well, then they should have wrote:
"- Produce Advanced Tools 16 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 16 productions using PoP spell)"

Dony

King of Bugs
Well, then they should have wrote:
"- Produce Advanced Tools 16 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 16 productions using PoP spell)"
i am doing all this quests with lvl1 workshops and all supplies i get are from other sources then workshops, its so incredibly easy now

SoggyShorts

i am doing all this quests with lvl1 workshops and all supplies i get are from other sources then workshops, its so incredibly easy now
What other sources? ToS, EE, and PT don't give all that much unless they are really high level. Visits give some more, but not enough to cover.
Surely you used some max workshops as well?
Personally I was able to do it with 7 WS with PoP, and 9 Level 1 WS.

ALdbeign

To be fair, a lot of our criticism during part 1 was reflected in the quest list for part 2. Also, for my live cpt 11 city, i have already finished. The fact that I have finished 90% of my hobbit goods collection and could literally delete a bunch of fields and replace them with workshops was key and this is exactly what the devs are trying to move away from. I will wait to see how this goes on beta (lol @doing an event on beta AFTER live but w/e) where I am much much smaller.

This is one of those rare cases where feedback after the fact may be useful.

DeletedUser

This is in regards to the gifts: the first one the Baroness Estrella's Masquerade, is showing a production boost on supplies. Is this boosted from clicks on other cultural buildings? Really beautiful building with the fountain.

DeletedUser1135

hello evry body
the game finished but the community had not any present ...! normal ?

DeletedUser1677

To be fair, a lot of our criticism during part 1 was reflected in the quest list for part 2. Also, for my live cpt 11 city, i have already finished. The fact that I have finished 90% of my hobbit goods collection and could literally delete a bunch of fields and replace them with workshops was key and this is exactly what the devs are trying to move away from. I will wait to see how this goes on beta (lol @doing an event on beta AFTER live but w/e) where I am much much smaller.

This is one of those rare cases where feedback after the fact may be useful.

I'm also done soon.
BUT I have the huge advantage, of knowing the quests.
I dont think it would be possible to finish that fast, if we could'nt plan ahead :)

SoggyShorts

I'm also done soon.
BUT I have the huge advantage, of knowing the quests.
I dont think it would be possible to finish that fast, if we could'nt plan ahead :)
I dunno, other than knowing to build extra WS, the list didn't really do anything for me. There was no way I could queue up 10 toolboxes and 12 groceries and 16 advanced tools at the same time, so I just did them as they came up. I got my relics from provinces that I keep open for events (unless I have enough open for an expansion). I guess I did save a couple hours by having 4 level 3 marbles ready for upgrading.
Edit: I forgot, I got lucky with upgrades because I'm in the middle of bringing up another armory.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1163

If the "Gain 26 relics" goes to live servers I will not bother doing part 2 at all.
Instead, like you say, I'll just get prepared for the Fellowship Adventures.
Twelven, guess what? In Masquerade Part 2, Quest 4, you will have to Solve 26 Encounters or gain 26 Relics. Noooooooo!

DeletedUser1163

Twelven, hope you were able to get the reward buildings.

Jaxom

Enough already. You are hitting us with too many events. I am not going to do a single quest in this one. I already completed it in A and W worlds and the prizes and grand prize are not worth the time.
I enjoy this game but the events are becoming a nightmare. Please, please, keep things manageable. Even in Beta if you want us to keep playing you need to give us some breaks.

DeletedUser1767

I'm kind of tempted to start it just to do enough quests that I get a larger view of the Baroness, in case she's a member of the next guest race and this provides clues... but the first quest is to make fifty beverages and I have exactly six workshops, so... I guess I have several days to decide how tempted I am.

DeletedUser

Enough already. You are hitting us with too many events. I am not going to do a single quest in this one. I already completed it in A and W worlds and the prizes and grand prize are not worth the time.
I enjoy this game but the events are becoming a nightmare. Please, please, keep things manageable. Even in Beta if you want us to keep playing you need to give us some breaks.

You do realize that a lot of beta players also have an account on Live? We are knee deep in the FA there, enough already :rolleyes: