• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Masquerade pt 2

ALdbeign

Pt2 was easy for me, I finished on live in about 36 hours. That said, for a pre-mana city the prize wasn't worth the effort so I didn't bother here. I will normally go for it on beta regardless of prize because it gives me a preview of the event (that is a good enough prize for me by itself). Since it was already done on live though...

More work really needs to be done on balancing out these new mana prizes, my chapter 11 live city loves them, but not one of these has been worth planting on my chapter 5 city.

DeletedUser1767

More work really needs to be done on balancing out these new mana prizes, my chapter 11 live city loves them, but not one of these has been worth planting on my chapter 5 city.
Yeah. It seems like they've been trying to address the earlier feedback about event buildings not being interesting or useful for more advanced players, which is reassuring that they are listening to our feedback, but they definitely haven't hit the right balance yet. It's got to be hardest for the shorter events -- with the longer ones, they could easily throw in some buildings that are aimed more at advanced players as daily prizes, but trying to do one-prize-fits-all must be very hard to balance.

SoggyShorts

..... trying to do one-prize-fits-all must be very hard to balance.
I agree, so until they get that right maybe they shouldn't even try. Instead just have 3 prizes to choose from, one aimed at each third of the tech tree.
For chapters 1-7 I think pure culture is still pretty good
For chapter 8 I can't think of anything other than orcs nests that won't get nuked as soon as you move to chapter 9
For chapter 9+ the mana hut was pretty perfect (at least for my playstyle in chapters 9&11)

DeletedUser1767

I agree, so until they get that right maybe they shouldn't even try. Instead just have 3 prizes to choose from, one aimed at each third of the tech tree.
For chapters 1-7 I think pure culture is still pretty good
For chapter 8 I can't think of anything other than orcs nests that won't get nuked as soon as you move to chapter 9
For chapter 9+ the mana hut was pretty perfect (at least for my playstyle in chapters 9&11)
Could not agree more; I've been having similar thoughts. If they want the buildings to be unique for each mini event, they can play around with the art and dimensions a bit.