• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Fellowship-based tournaments

DeletedUser607

yes, it's 4 relics at the 6th level

the 7th level contains 2 runes and those 3 spells.

and it's spelled rune, not runne ;-) (I wouldn't have mentioned it, if it was the only thing).

DeletedUser1657

From level 3 on wards the cumulative points effectively double so you can figure out some basics of how much extra is needed if a person will miss a round.

Makes me wonder if fellowship will be bothered to go for the blueprint or just ignore them. Pick a nice achievable spot in the middle and consistently hit that.

Also Does anyone know if only participating members get the rewards? I assume that would be the case as currently one needs to complete a province level to join in the community rewards.

DeletedUser607

well, we'll see if all guild members will receive it or not. in just a few days.

as a guild tournament, I'd say, everyone should get it. but on the other hand, it seems a bit unfair, that people would get points for doing nothing (although it still helps the guild somehow). since elvenar made that mistake of starting as some sort of online single-player-game with other people on the map, and the guilds started as a way to collect people together, who were then doing their single-player-stuff with a chatfunction, I'm afraid that these guilds will continue as such and remain stuck.

DeletedUser1767

I never really cared much about the checkpoints before, because I've never had enough active neighbours to get more than maybe a handful of relics from them. The new checkpoint rewards past about level two are pretty dang nice, much nicer than what we were getting before, so I'm happy about that. Also I'm kinda enjoying checking on my fellowship's progress every so often and mentally cheering for us (go us! go team!), which I wasn't expecting. So I guess at the moment I would say that I'm cautiously content with the new system. They've yet to explain to me why I should care about blueprints when I don't have Magic Residences/Workshops, so I don't particularly care about getting them.

That said... I also agree that their math doesn't seem right. The existence of a probably-unattainable Level Three event prize doesn't bother me because I think having a one-time event with a really hard-to-get prize is perfectly reasonable, but applying that same logic to a weekly activity? That doesn't seem like a good idea to me unless it's the case that the points carry over from one to week to the next and the group starts over once you hit Level Ten. If they did it that way, now, that would be fun.

DeletedUser1637

I worked out that you need a total of 440000 points to get the max prize? If everyone pulled their weight equally, then 25 members would need to get 17600 points each! Anyone else think that is too much? I have never gotten very far in a tournament but I couldn't see myself getting that many points?

SoggyShorts

and it's spelled rune, not runne ;-) (I wouldn't have mentioned it, if it was the only thing).
That one is staying, i like it.
Also Does anyone know if only participating members get the rewards? I assume that would be the case as currently one needs to complete a province level to join in the community rewards.
you need to clear at least 1 province
Makes me wonder if fellowship will be bothered to go for the blueprint or just ignore them. Pick a nice achievable spot in the middle and consistently hit that.
Having 2 FS just outside the top 100, I think we can get the 5th or 6th checkpoint fairly consistently.
17600 points each! Anyone else think that is too much? I have never gotten very far in a tournament but I couldn't see myself getting that many points?
Now known as
"25@6x6 zombie mode" since it can't be done without screwing up your sleep at least a little. (thanks again @MageCookies for coining the term)

Yes, it is too much. Just having a handful of chapter 2-5 players, or a few open spots in your FS, automatically disqualifies you. Unless the other 20 players plan to do 9 provinces 6 times. I will be shocked if more than 3 fellowships accomplish it.

If getting ALL of the rewards cost 110K (a 75% reduction) it would still be a very decent challenge for 90% of fellowships.

DeletedUser1657

Yes, it is too much. Just having a handful of chapter 2-5 players, or a few open spots in your FS, automatically disqualifies you. Unless the other 20 players plan to do 9 provinces 6 times. I will be shocked if more than 3 fellowships accomplish it.

I agree it appears to be too much especially when it is common for fellowships to be short a member or 2 with turnover. Planning the max reward for 20 people would have been sufficient and still challenging.

Don't underestimate your lower chapter players ability to do tournaments the biggest issue for those in chapter 2-3 is not having 6 of a certain province type, once they get towards the end of 3 and beyond this should become less of an issue.

I am yet to see how a chapter 1-2 person goes in tournaments as it is new with the tech dropping out. Either way if your fellowship has late era and early era players I would assume it is a given they will be assisting the lower era players as needed.

Heymrdiedier

I am yet to see how a chapter 1-2 person goes in tournaments as it is new with the tech dropping out. Either way if your fellowship has late era and early era players I would assume it is a given they will be assisting the lower era players as needed.

for those players its super easy, it costs you 0-5 tier 1 goods per fight, and some coins and supplies. Al of those is easy to get with the wholesalesman and the quests collect 40 tier 1..
However you dont have many provincis to fight, so your contribution is small

DeletedUser1511

I worked out that you need a total of 440000 points to get the max prize? If everyone pulled their weight equally, then 25 members would need to get 17600 points each! Anyone else think that is too much? I have never gotten very far in a tournament but I couldn't see myself getting that many points?

is it not possible that this is an bug
can some moderator react about this

nokki

And when you think they come with something new and nice you wake up to see its almost impossible to get the prizes. Great one with the fellowship tournament.

CrazyWizard

@SoggyShorts do you know the breakdown of points already?

Reward 1: 2.000 points (2 spells 1 relic)
Reward 2: 8.000 points (5 knowledge points 2 relics)
Reward 3: 20.000 points (1 rune)
Reward 4: 40.000 points (10 knowledge points 3 relics)
Reward 5: 70.000 points (2 runes)
Reward 6 : 112.000 points (15 knowledge points 4 relics)
Reward 7 : 168.000 points (2 runes 3 spells)
Reward 8: 240.000 points (20 knowledge points, 5 relics)
Reward 9: 330.000 points (3 runes 4 spells)
Reward 10: 440.000 points (Blueprint, 25 knowledge points, 6 relics)

DeletedUser1596

K. Who wants blueprints anyway :)

I just fear that over time a super-battle-hungry fellowship will form, consisting of the best fighters on the server trying to reach a blueprint every week. The others will obviously lose them gaining fewer and fewer points.

CrazyWizard

It will take a lot and lot of time before such a fellowship even exists.
Pick your own server and add the best 25 players of the tournament and add them up, will they even make the 440k mark? most likely nog even close.

SoggyShorts

Right now on Beta there are 142 players that have cleared at least 6 provinces twice, we'll see how many do it 3x, then 4x etc.
I'm too lazy to see what FS they are in, maybe I'll check once the numbers go down

DeletedUser1637

Reward 1: 2.000 points (2 spells 1 relic)
Reward 2: 8.000 points (5 knowledge points 2 relics)
Reward 3: 20.000 points (1 rune)
Reward 4: 40.000 points (10 knowledge points 3 relics)
Reward 5: 70.000 points (2 runes)
Reward 6 : 112.000 points (15 knowledge points 4 relics)
Reward 7 : 168.000 points (2 runes 3 spells)
Reward 8: 240.000 points (20 knowledge points, 5 relics)
Reward 9: 330.000 points (3 runes 4 spells)
Reward 10: 440.000 points (Blueprint, 25 knowledge points, 6 relics)

Thanks :) Do we know how many points you can get per province? Like what you get after round 1, 2 etc...?

DeletedUser1596

Does that mean that we'll have to clear 147 provinces to get a blueprint?

DeletedUser1777

Milestone 1: 2.000 points
Milestone 2: 6.000 points
Milestone 3: 12.000 points
Milestone 4: 20.000 points
Milestone 5: 30.000 points
Milestone 6 : 42.000 points
Milestone 7 : 56.000 points
Milestone 8: 72.000 points
Milestone 9: 90.000 points
Milestone 10: 110.000 points

In total 440.000 TP / 3028 (6 Stars) = 145,31.. / 25 Members = 5,81.. Provinces

Does that mean that we'll have to clear 147 provinces to get a blueprint?

Almost, chances are low more than maybe 2 FS (50 people) will be able to do this.
In live I would be able to do 6 Provinces, maybe 7, but in Beta I'm too small to collect all the goods for negotiation (not a big fighter :D).