• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Fellowship-based tournaments

DeletedUser736

Why would I care about getting a blueprint again? As far as I am concerned, it does not matter to me that the "top" reward is unreachable unless you are in a fellowship of really hardcore players. I'd have no real use for a blueprint anyway.

CrazyWizard

Why oh why would you have no use for a blueprint???

They already said it also will have use for non diamond players, so why does it not have any use for you?

DeletedUser736

Why oh why would you have no use for a blueprint???

They already said it also will have use for non diamond players, so why does it not have any use for you?
They said alot of things already which turned out to be... let's be polite... not entirely true :D

I remove all event buildings from my city, and i'm still having fun playing this game. I don't need a blue print. I'd use if, I guess, if I had one, but it's not like they are cutting non hardcore player from an essential part of the game. I think this reward is meant for really hardcore players. It's not something a player who play just for fun like me really care to have. I don't feel like I am cut out of an important part of the game.

DeletedUser

I don't think blueprint is meant for any player with current (unreasonable) expectations. Why such silence, staff?

Marindor

Why such silence, staff?

It's not for us to judge your feedback :) We merely collect it and forward it to our game team. Of course it's expected that a top reward requires top players and a lot of effort. Don't forget that upgrading premium buildings (which you can do with blueprints, and they will get more functions), normally requires a couple of hundreds of diamonds. Therefore these blueprints have quite some value and you would have to work together with your Fellowship quite strongly to get such a gift. It's not just something minor but is has quite a lot of value. If, considering that fact, you however still feel that it's too hard to obtain them, we can forward that feedback for reconsideration. I never like to interfere too much in Feedback threads, since for us it's important to collect your feedback, not to "color" it with our own thoughts :)

DeletedUser1637

So does that mean that in order to be able to use a blueprint if your fellowship gets the top reward, you need to already have a premium building, i.e. the magic residence or magic workshop?

SoggyShorts

Of course it's expected that a top reward requires top players and a lot of effort.
This last tournament on Khelonaar the top 25 players totaled 357K (only the top 3 players did 6x6 or more)
A little better on Winyandor with the top 25 players totaling 366K (only the top 5 players did 6x6 or more)
I think the 440K goal might be a little high.
Edit: I just checked, and those top 25 players are scattered across 19 fellowships.
Don't forget that upgrading premium buildings (which you can do with blueprints, and they will get more functions), normally requires a couple of hundreds of diamonds.
Just to be clear, as of this moment Blueprints do not have any function other than upgrading magical residences and workshops?

Last edited:

DeletedUser607

@SoggyShorts : I'd say so, but keep in mind, that the old tournament-system did not motivate the top players to do more than what they think is worth to do.

the problem with the tournament as it is designed is: the difficulty and army-sizes in the higher tournament stations rises, while the reward actually sinks (or remains at a low value).

DeletedUser1511

This last tournament on Khelonaar the top 25 players totaled 357K (only the top 3 players did 6x6 or more)
A little better on Winyandor with the top 25 players totaling 366K (only the top 5 players did 6x6 or more)

in nl arendyll has the top 25 players totaling 380k (the top 5 player did 6x6 or more)

Dony

King of Bugs
I just checked, and those top 25 players are scattered across 19 fellowships.
lets be honest do you think that this 19 fellowship will break to make super fellowship just to get 1 blueprint, which they most likely dont need, because they already using diamonds and can buy just upgraded magic building instead of all this fuss if they will get it on the end or not.
i dont think so, i buy diamonds here and there because i want convenience, i wont be bothering with my fellowship for this stressful feature which nobody will get consistently every week, atleast not coming years

CrazyWizard

I think the 440K goal might be a little high.
Edit: I just checked, and those top 25 players are scattered across 19 fellowships.

Just to be clear, as of this moment Blueprints do not have any function other than upgrading magical residences and workshops?

Add 380K for the top 25 players on the dutch server.

If you want to control the flow on blueprints, then make it easier. make the requirments fluid. this way the rewards is customised for each server.

Example: lets say you want to reward aproc 100 blueprints at each tournament (4 guilds av)

look at the points the best 4 guilds got in the past 9 tournaments and add them up, then divide it trough 36.
This will be the baseline for the comming tournament. all rewards are modified accordingly to this baseline.

An advantage of this would be that when the server becomes stronger and because of our improved units become better so the tournaments become easier the 440k mark thats now unreachable, wont be achieved by everyone later on. because in that case the mark can just as easily andvance to 500k for example.

As long as the reward is unreachable no one will go for it, and tournaments will stay for the few who already battle it out now.
If you want more people to join in, you have to entice them with something difficult but reachable.

A fluid point list might be more effective than a solid one you are using now.

SoggyShorts

keep in mind, that the old tournament-system did not motivate the top players
Very true, it is possible that some players, or FS are saving up, or just waiting for the new system and the results will be higher, but I doubt that we will see the massive increase required for a few FS to reach the prize.

do you think that this 19 fellowship will break to make super fellowship just to get 1 blueprint
I'd be shocked if they did. I never paid much attention to the tournament rankings before, but now I wouldn't be surprised if no one gets 440K.

Dony

King of Bugs
similar what crazywizard said can be done with fellowships with less then 25 players, lock fellowship during tournament that nobody can join (or they can join but they will be excluded from current tournament) and recalculate that 10th chest between players in fellowship (it wont be easier from them this way then fellowship with 25 players)
this is crucial especially for small servers such as mine where top fellowships dont even have 25 players, and if they do then last spots are usually just filled with randoms till somebody better shows up

DeletedUser1278

Well tested the new tournamet and looked what happend.
There a two things poping up in my head

First this is a cheap way to give us less relics and that is there goal.
No relics no upgrade wonder buildings so diamonds are needed..

And second there is no way in he.. that the blueprint is reacheble in a singel fellowship
(( I will not say it because of the breathing in my neck)))

Marindor

So does that mean that in order to be able to use a blueprint if your fellowship gets the top reward, you need to already have a premium building, i.e. the magic residence or magic workshop?

No, you can store them and use them in the future when it suits you :)

Correct, at this moment they don't but based on your feedback, we will introduce other functions for them as well in the (near) future. :)

Please refrain from posting your assumptions as if they were facts. This one e.g. makes absolutely no sense. Please don't waste valuable discussions like we're having here, with this kind of nonsense. Thank you :)

CrazyWizard

Well tested the new tournamet and looked what happend.
There a two things poping up in my head

No relics no upgrade wonder buildings so diamonds are needed..

And second there is no way in he.. that the blueprint is reacheble in a singel fellowship
(( I will not say it because of the breathing in my neck)))

We get plenty of relics anyway, but more importantly we now actually get runes from the reward table, much more valuable than relics.

And yeah you can cheat the guild to the 440k, it's lame but it works. and more importantly it's the only way to reach it.

DeletedUser

I guess INNOGAMES will not come to senses in 2017 either. They still don't know a thing about a proper game balance.
Except when to round up in their favor (all encounters with unit sizes 3 & 6) and some other "inconsistence" for buildings & AWs.

You had opportunity to collect data of previous tournaments for past ~8 months. Before and after battle "redesign" which is still incomplete - it was promised to be done in 3 parts...
but we still get mandatory military researches in earlier chapters...
When will you get it that most players who PLAY Elvenar DON'T to battle but play peacefully.
I'm sure you have still some imagination left, so it wont be hard for you to find peaceful ways to progress in game.
This indirect communication from developers won't work anymore. Someone staff member said 1-2 months feedback delay. What are we living in the dark ages and messages are delivered by crows?

So lets go back to tournaments:

Some Level 3, and 75%+ of Level 4, 5, 6 has to be fought manually. Because auto-combat AI is broken [on purpose]. That is ~500+ minutes. If you have military AWs on L10+ you save some time ~100 minutes.
In fairies chapter and up is impossible to encounter any reasonable amount of provinces and higher levels with just/or mainly with negotiations.
Fighting becomes a primary thing. So you NEED to fight so this means is no longer an option. [famous lie: "fighting will be always optional."]
This results in HUGE amount of supply demand that you need to collect from workshops every 5 minutes with PP spell and have 150%+ culture.
How much time you think can you run like that before you burn out people? Because with such unreasonable amounts you provoke people to start cheating.

If you really want to upgrade Magic residence/workshop is better to directly buy 1 Magic upgrade than play and relay on 24 other FS members. In reality you do not need magic buildings.
Event buildings messed up balance or whole basic balance is off from day 0. - up to you want do you want to believe in.
Nice to see you are creating false pressure to collect chest rewards. With huge gaps between chests.
16h wait time is inhumane. Will 16h wait will be ever fixed or ignored forever in expense of human health?

You need to lower points for 55-65%. This means 154k - 198k. Even this is too high for FS outside top #8.
overall 110k TP is most appropriate amount of TP for all chest rewards - is doable for more Fellowships, but you need whole FS dedication and I'm sure this won't happen every week - again nobody is 100%. With KP rewards from all chests. Ancient wonders would make some sense now, finally!
Unless you already planned that fellowships will become bigger? But with current 440k points you would need a Fellowship of 75 members.

On the one hand you said this is a game of slow pace and time doesn't matter on the other hand your demands are far from 'slow pace.'

DeletedUser1637

No, you can store them and use them in the future when it suits you :)
Does that mean then that we may be seeing an FoE approach to the blueprints? If you collect so many they can be used to build a magical building perhaps?