• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Fellowship-based tournaments

Marindor

Hi guys,

We had to delete some of the posts here because they were about barracks issues on the Live servers. Please stick to the topic of this thread, which is feedback on Fellowship-based Tournaments. Thank you!:
)

DeletedUser1278

Lets see what the tournament will be
And i posted that thought it would be inportant enough
cant put is as a bug because the anwser wiil by we cannot look at other server problem is the other server is way ahead of this one

Now hoping to test the new tournament and see what the prices can be.
And how much trouble it can give in a fellowship
But the best is it will give me a better change of reaching something if you have 100 neighbours not active its always the 4 same player names i see and they are in different spots

so it can only be better ;)

Dony

King of Bugs
it would require in 25 player fellowship to contribute 4400 tournament point for each player to reach last reward, which is not so bad
and i like rewards more then it was before also

Heymrdiedier

it would require in 25 player fellowship to contribute 4400 tournament point for each player to reach last reward, which is not so bad
and i like rewards more then it was before also

Not sure if thats not so bad, that basically means you cant have low lvl players that are still leveling anymore... So now we will need fellowships for lvling players and fellowships for tournaments.

5 hardcore tournament players are possible too :), but in my experience, its hard finding people who think its worth doing 2 rounds on 1 day (hence loosing some sleep somewhere).

I still think adjusting cooldown timers is in order

DeletedUser1637

So far I like what I see. I have just started my account on Beta 1 and I will not be able to participate as much as more advanced players. There won't be a fellowship ranking as there was when it was just individual players? Ranking points doesn't bother me but it might some other players?

Agreed.

DeletedUser1637

Also, if you do not yet have any AWs unlocked, do you just not get a reward if the FS reaches that checkpoint?

Dony

King of Bugs
Not sure if thats not so bad, that basically means you cant have low lvl players that are still leveling anymore... So now we will need fellowships for lvling players and fellowships for tournaments.

5 hardcore tournament players are possible too :), but in my experience, its hard finding people who think its worth doing 2 rounds on 1 day (hence loosing some sleep somewhere).

what i meant was that it was impossible to reach last checkpoint before, while now you can see light on the end of the tunnel
i was personally expecting much higher requirement for last reward

Heymrdiedier

my overal first impression is very positive. Everything stayed the same execpt the rewards.
In other words a higher incentive for more players to start playing in the tournament.
In other words more competition for me (i was getting used to my spot at nr 4 on live server) but thats not a bad thing :)

DeletedUser1637

And is anyone expecting an FoE use of the blueprints?Like you have to get 9 different ones to be able to build one of the magic buildings?

DeletedUser1637

It will be interesting to see as well how many FSs get to the last checkpoint.

DeletedUser1278

Question about the tournament

If 24 players are active for tournament and 1 says i dont do it you fight i get the price for free
Does this player get the price the 24 players fighted for if so yes

This will destroy many fellowships
My advice only give the collected price on the active players so others dont get kicked out

DeletedUser1817

Apparently, the current definition of "active" is "contribute to the Fellowship score in TPs (Tournament Points)".

Maybe this should be refined, improved...

it would require in 25 player fellowship to contribute 4400 tournament point for each player to reach last reward...

Much more actually, as to reach the last reward you first have to get the others, leading to a total of 440k TPs, if my calculation is right, which means an average contribution of 17,6k TPs per fellow... I do not feel there are many fellowships that can reach that score if the tournament balancing is not significantly altered :(.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxom

I have just done my first new tournament. Got 36 points. Only need 1964 more to get the first prize. In Beta my fellowship is very small and the active players will now almost certainly now leave because we will not be able to earn prizes. And no one will join to replace them because we are small.

When the change gets pushed to A and W worlds I expect fellowships to break apart because the diamond players and really active players will want to be in active/diamond fellowships so they can win prizes. The 'playing for fun' people will either get kicked out or will lose access to the active players. They won't be getting help, good trades or guidance.
If this happens to my A and W fellowships and they lose their good players I will likely lose interest and drop those worlds. I will just continue in Beta, slogging along into each new age as it comes until I finally give up when buying diamonds is the only way to advance.

DeletedUser1570

So I just did the maths, I hope without mistakes, someone correct me if that's not the case.
To get the blueprint a fellowship needs 440 000 tournament points. This is because after each chest is finished the score resets to zero. So for example the first chest needs 2000 points and the second one needs 6000; at least that is what the game tells me if I mouse over them. But in reality to reach the second chest one needs 8000 points, because the score goes to zero once the first chest is finished (2000 point accumulated).
If we have a fellowship of 25 people then each player needs to make 17600 points on average. This takes some serious effort.
I can't calculate how much completely finished provinces that takes but I estimate it to be around 8-9.

My question is: is this intended?

DeletedUser1278

Off course this is intended !!!
Did you think they give something for free that easy:oops::oops:

Always they make it impossible if its something to play for

So the idea of playing together on this project will start many unfinisht words in a fellowship

DeletedUser1817

Actually, reading @TheDuge post, I realized my initial calculation might be wrong if each requested score is cumulative as it seems more natural, and in that case @Dony's value (4,4k PTs average on 25 members) was right. This would mean it is not trivial, but feasible.

We will be sure after someone has finished the first level...