• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Unknown eggs discovered in Elvenar

sunrae

I love the non-boosted goods trader "shops", in one of my cities I have all three and they look great:D. Brilliant idea and they are a good size. I have placed them on a residents street and the folk walking about now have somewhere to shop! More graphics like these please, this is a really fun quest. I wonder whats going to come next:) this is the first quest I have done without looking at the spoilers and I am enjoying it more. No rush, no stress:cool:

DeletedUser802

Happy to have a new Special Event going here. I love the new loading screen! and I really like all the colorful giant eggs decorating the area around my city. I love the idea of the Phoenix! It fits so well with the myth of our cities, but still suits the Easter and Springtime season. Very well done!

Can't say that I am much interested in the first of the daily prizes being offered. What is the real use of the Travelling Trader? If you are a member in a fellowship, generally you should have no problem trading for the goods you need. So why spend time, space or resources producing them? Spend it on producing your boosted goods. I could see this being useful only if you were unlucky enough to have a fellowship and neighborhood that had an inactive trading market. A long time ago, when Elvenar first started, inactive trading markets were a huge problem, but seems to have been take care of long since now. So I have been accumulating "sky essence" and waiting for the last three days as the three travelling trader buildings have been offered. I am hoping something more appealing will be offered soon. Maybe instead of offering the three Travelling Traders all together, they should have broken them up with other daily prizes?

I am a bit worried that the cost in Phoenix Feathers may be way too high for the main prizes. It the Winter event it was near impossible to get all of the main prizes unless you used diamonds. Now I realize that the point of the game to the designers is to make money by having players buy diamonds, but just as a matter of fairness, it should not be a requirement. I feel that if you play regularly, it should be possible for you to get all the main prizes, whether you buy diamonds or not.

I approve of the easier quests that are a part of this event. In the last couple of events, it could take some players two or three days to finish one quest, which seriously delayed your advance toward getting the main prizes. It is also very frustrating if you have to spend days just to finish one quest. That might be ok for the regular, every day quests, but in the Special Events, I think the quest should be faster, especially since we have a deadline. They are doing a good job of it this time around, in making the quests easier and faster.

In the winter event, the Winter event, nearly all of the prizes were not just useful but beautiful and interesting in appearance as well. This early in the Phoenix event we have not seen many of the prizes yet, but I hope that the designers made them as beautiful as the ones in the Winter Event.

Hope everyone enjoys playing the game and the new event! Regards, All.

DeletedUser1777

I have all three and they look great
:eek: I'm yeallous
I tried to get all three, but had not much luck. Which option did you use 50,90 or 140?

Hopefully the will bring them later on in the event again as daily prize, so I have another chance to win them :)

As far as the quests are known yet, I really appreciate the way the found a good alternative instead of just scouting provinces. Even when I'm not ouverscouted (yet), it's much better for my city to upgrade a building instead.

Just hate the quests which forces me to solve encounters (so I need to scout provinces - don't know if tournament would work too, but don't think so).

In general I really like the improved questline, thank you for listening to our complaints in the former events!

Sir Squirrel

I have cracked open 8 large eggs and have yet to win a building of the day. At a 25% chance, trying 4 times should get you a building (at least most times), but I guess I have crap luck in this event. I wish if you tried for a building more then 4 times you would get one on the next try for sure, because random just sucks the fun out of it if you never win the building of the day.
Edit: Ok after a little more thought on the matter I come to realize that with the building of the day being a 25% chance of winning and all the others being between 7% and 13%, I am actually extremely lucky at beating the odds! Why do I still feel like I got beat???

Last edited:

Elderflower

I have cracked open 8 large eggs and have yet to win a building of the day. At a 25% chance, trying 4 times should get you a building (at least most times), but I guess I have crap luck in this event. I wish if you tried for a building more then 4 times you would get one on the next try for sure, because random just sucks the fun out of it if you never win the building of the day.
Edit: Ok after a little more thought on the matter I come to realize that with the building of the day being a 25% chance of winning and all the others being between 7% and 13%, I am actually extremely lucky at beating the odds! Why do I still feel like I got beat???
I thought using the smallest egg was best because I believed if I didn't get the building I would have a good chance of getting more essence to try again. The theory worked fine for the first two traders but trying to get the third one I ended up with more relics than I can use in a lifetime. :oops:

Heymrdiedier

@Flabbes I used the 140 one, it offers the best chance.;) In past quests they have given second chances on some daily prizes if I remember right, so I will keep my fingers crossed for you:)
actually if you want to get a building the small chest give you most chance. The % on the building itself is smaller, but you also have a change to get the 90 feathers back, thats almost 2 new small chests. So using small chests you get a lot more attempts to get it albeit with lower chance. But ill take 3 times 15% over 1 time 35% :

For exact numbers see the calculation someone did for the winterevent

DeletedUser1681

I thought using the smallest egg was best because I believed if I didn't get the building I would have a good chance of getting more essence to try again. The theory worked fine for the first two traders but trying to get the third one I ended up with more relics than I can use in a lifetime. :oops:
I also remembered the theory Heymrdiedier refers to and went for the small ones... and burned my fingers, several second chances but no building :( *looks mournfully at a bucket full of relics*.
Unfortunately this has happened so early on that now I'm afraid to try at all - the exact opposite of snow flurry event where I felt I couldn't loose :(.

DeletedUser1777

winterevent
My expierience friom winterevent was, that I had the most luck for buildings with 140, but gained the most flakes with the 50.
If the chances are exactly the same, I simply had bad luck for now.

Well still lots of days to go, so still crossing fingers for the merchant building (have enough culture) :)

Heymrdiedier

I also remembered the theory Heymrdiedier refers to and went for the small ones... and burned my fingers, several second chances but no building :( *looks mournfully at a bucket full of relics*.
Unfortunately this has happened so early on that now I'm afraid to try at all - the exact opposite of snow flurry event where I felt I couldn't loose :(.

those merchant buildings came a bit very early in the event, it wouldnt surprise me if they came again later, especially if you see that there isnt many new event buildings in the raw data. I cant imagine having 5 times observatory again just to be able to fill the days :)

Calenmir

Is anyone else having an issue with NH on the Burning Egg? I have reported it but was curious.

I've had two hits on my Burning Egg in less than 1/2 hour and neither are reflected as 'hands' on the egg or in the Culture Bonus.

DeletedUser1984

Aaand the codex/observatory fillers are back...

My maths might be somewhat behind but how do you even get a thought of going after the 3rd reward? Even with diamonds the costs are astronomical. Might be too few eggs/feathers to go around? anyone thought of this? At least in the winter event you could get the 2nd easily..now not even that

DeletedUser802

So far the prizes offered in the Phoenix event have left me uninterested. The Travelling Traders are of no use to anyone who has an active trade market, and I already have codex buildings of every color in my city, not to mention several observatories. And who wants a dark gray unicorn? Now if it was actually silver, as they entitle it, that would be worth trying for. During the winter event, we were presented with new and interesting prizes every day, but not so with the Phoenix event. So far, the only prize worth trying for was the Burning Egg. So I am accumulating my sky essence and hopefully something better will appear soon. Having so many prizes this uninteresting, especially so early in the event, will not serve to get players excited about playing it every day. I would love to get all three of the main prizes, but so far there has been nothing worth gambling the sky essence on, so no feathers yet for the main prizes!

SoggyShorts

My maths might be somewhat behind but how do you even get a thought of going after the 3rd reward? Even with diamonds the costs are astronomical. Might be too few eggs/feathers to go around? anyone thought of this? At least in the winter event you could get the 2nd easily..now not even that
If you do all of the quests and collect eggs around your city fairly often, you have about a 99% chance of getting the second prize. I'm not sure what the odds of the third prize are, but it's less than 1 in 100,000
source:http://crazywizard.info/en/event_probability_chart.html

lika1961

The quests are actually much better in this event. Very happy to not see the "scout a province" quest. Much as we all understand that there has to be some small "filler" prizes, I was very disappointed to see the return of the purple unicorn. Really? Once was enough on that one.

DeletedUser802

The quests are actually much better in this event. Very happy to not see the "scout a province" quest. Much as we all understand that there has to be some small "filler" prizes, I was very disappointed to see the return of the purple unicorn. Really? Once was enough on that one.

I fully agree! First I was waiting as they spent days getting through offering Travelling Traders, and now I am waiting while they go through a herd of unicorns. I realize they need smaller fill in prizes, but why didn't they come up with ones specifically designed for this Event, like they did in the Winter Event? There we had snowmen, and skating rings, and reindeer, etc. Here, they are just sticking in old prizes that everyone has already. This is no way to get people interested or excited about playing the special event. When today's prize is a dud, and tomorrow's prize is a dud, and the next day's prize is a dud, you get to the point when you just forget to check on the event. The designers could, and should have come up with smaller prizes designed for this event.