• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Unknown eggs discovered in Elvenar

DeletedUser1681

Does anyone have grand prize #2 in their city ? I'd like to see it "live" :D

So far the only prize that has really impressed me (graphically) is the burning egg.... which I didn't win :(

DeletedUser1681

I have it :)
Ok thx - doesn't look bad, not that bad at all (burning egg still my favourite). I've had bad luck so far, maybe it turns and I get that one.
Btw the description says it's 4 x 4, looks bigger.

lika1961

I have been trying to ignore the fact that the prizes for this event are just plain bad, but today's Glossy Garden makes that impossible. Really? I have a Glacier Garden in my city that gives 2300 culture and population. The Glossy Garden gives 2400 of each. How is this a prize I would want? And 3 flower cages in a row? I fail to see the logic in designing a whole event and not bothering to create decent prizes. Shame on you devs, we deserve better.

SoggyShorts

I agree that the filler prizes are somewhat lacking, but the Glossy Garden is quite good for most players.
IMO the winter prizes may have been a little overpowered, so comparing future prizes to them will lead to disappointment.

As long as the prizes are better than non-event buildings (which they are) I'm happy.

I also appreciate that the developers tried something new with building like the Orc strategist, Fire tower, Merchants and Orc Nest. Sure the merchants are too weak to be of any use, but it's far easier to make things underpowered than to come back and nerf something later.

The Orc Nest especially allows for something players have been asking for since forever: A way to play the game completely without military. Yes, we are stuck with the barracks, but still.

DeletedUser1681

IMO the winter prizes may have been a little overpowered, so comparing future prizes to them will lead to disappointment.
I agree, in hindsight they were quite powerful and we're now experiencing the consequences (weaker benefits).

I also appreciate that the developers tried something new with building like the Orc strategist, Fire tower, Merchants and Orc Nest. Sure the merchants are too weak to be of any use, but it's far easier to make things underpowered than to come back and nerf something later.
Agreed again. However I'm a little disappointed that instead of just recycling the same stuff again they have not used the opportunity to make variations of buildings like they did with Father Tree. I'm not an graphic artist, but I would have supposed that a little bit of surface touches and a new name would not have been too much of an effort and would have made many happier.

The Orc Nest especially allows for something players have been asking for since forever: A way to play the game completely without military. Yes, we are stuck with the barracks, but still.
You can't play these events without barracks :p ever. Thanks for mentioning the Orc Nest, I had almost forgotten about it - might save some space and population in the future not having so many armories spewing out orcs.

During winter event some warned not to get over excited about buildings offering population bonuses... I'm starting to get the point, just lately I've been itching get rid of some of those.

Elderflower

Dont forget that not everybody won glossy garden or glacier garden and now they have second chance.
Like me. I failed to get a Glossy Garden in the Winter Event so I was glad to be able to get one today. Even though I opened 3 large eggs in succession and only got relics and forge points :( But with my last remaining points I opened a small egg and there was my Glossy Garden :confused:
I really do not understand probabilities :oops:

lika1961

My issue with the prizes is not that the rewards are not good enough, but the fact that we are seeing some buildings for the third time now. Consider that some people might already have got them in the first two events where they appeared, which effectively means that in this event they are being offered something they already have. I don't see the point of 3 different colours of unicorn in an event that is about the Rise of the Phoenix. Something that looks like one of the eggs on the edge of our cities would be great. The Phoenix buildings look great - I wanted every one of them. If prizes have to be recycled, then at least make them look different.The buildings in our cities change, so why would the prizes not do the same?

DeletedUser1777

that in this event they are being offered something they already have
I don't mind to see them a third time, I take the chance to substitute the old ones. For me it's an upgrade (to current chapter) of an eventbuilding at an existing place in my city, no need to shuffle around buildings is a nice sideeffect ;)

Only thing I don't like: when doing NH, I dont have a clue if I polish a glossy garden from last summer or a "new" one :(
So the point in changing colours or what else in this buildings would be helpful :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Buttrflwr

I don't mind to see them a third time, I take the chance to substiture the old ones. For me it's an upgrade (to current chapter) of a eventbuilding on an existing place in my city, no need to shuffle around buildings is a nice sideeffect ;)

Only thing I don't like: when doing NH, I dont have a clue if I polish a glossy garden from last summer or a "new" one :(
So the point in changing colours or what else in this buildings would be helpful :)

I agree with the replacing/substituting existing ones. I like many of them, but they had outgrown their usefulness. (Observatory comes to mind) Now I can have them still and at a higher benefit, just delete the old one and BAM...the new one goes right there. I don't understand why anyone would keep the old one if they won a new one...

And one more thing. I think it is unfair to offer an orc nest and NOT have it grow with the player. I am just short of Orcs (one tier) but don't expect to be in Orcs before the event is over. I WANT an orc nest that produces ORCS, not supplies. So why would I bother going for it when I know it won't live up to it's name?? @Marindor You should let them know that if they are going to call it an ORC NEST, it needs to breed Orcs...period.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

You can't play these events without barracks :p ever.
Right, I forgot that. I used to tell the Magic Academy haters to think of it as a building that lets you complete events.
Now that is exactly what the barracks is to me.;)
The buildings in our cities change, so why would the prizes not do the same?
I'm a little disappointed that...they have not used the opportunity to make variations of buildings like they did with Father Tree.
I think they are trying to strike a balance.
Players have often asked for event buildings to be upgradable, so using old event buildings as "filler" during a 30 day event gives the players what they asked for.
At the same time, since you can only win around 10 daily prizes without buying diamonds we are forced to ignore 2/3 of the prizes anyways, so as long as there are a couple you do want, it doesn't really matter what the rest are as long as some of the player base wants them.

Sure, some new artwork on "same" buildings would be nice, but there's a trap there too-- some players have complained that seasonal buildings are inappropriate looking when the season is over. Also, I imagine that the graphic designers would like to get a few more miles out of the work they put in. The artwork done on normal buildings is a a forever investment since there are new players that will use it, but if event stuff never gets used again the ROI on that artwork goes down.

I hope they continue to both try new things like in this event, as well as bring back buildings from past events so we can replace/upgrade as we progress.

DeletedUser1681

Today's prize is the Orcs Nest.

It tells me that it'll give me so and so many supplies per day (I'm in Fairy chapter). So what's the deal, will it start giving me orcs when I get to orcs chapter ? Or would I still be receiving just supplies cause I won it in Fairy chapter ?

I was thinking of trying to win a couple of these, but I'm not so sure now if it's just supplies.

SoggyShorts

@Heffernan
An orc nest won in chapter 7 will only ever give supplies:(

But they are more efficient than workshops since they require no pop, and give culture instead of taking it....

Heymrdiedier

Coudnt you allready do that without the orc nests? you could have gotten the forge of heroes wonder to get your needed supplies of orcs.
And no you dont need orcs before that to be able to scout that far, you dont need orcs in negotiating untill late woodelves.