• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Unknown eggs discovered in Elvenar

DeletedUser1877

Here, they are just sticking in old prizes that everyone has already. This is no way to get people interested or excited about playing the special event. When today's prize is a dud, and tomorrow's prize is a dud, and the next day's prize is a dud, you get to the point when you just forget to check on the event. The designers could, and should have come up with smaller prizes designed for this event.

Bit of an exageration, isn't that? I know that I've not been here long enough to have all the prizes currently offerred. And, as there are more people smaller than me than larger, I conclude that over half of the players in the world cannot have all the "old prizes".

DeletedUser1767

It's also true that while you might have a purple unicorn from the chapter you were in when they were last available, you might not have one from your current chapter, and the one from your current chapter will be stronger than the one you currently have, so if you like purple unicorns, this would give you a way to upgrade your current one. But I agree that this isn't necessarily exciting.

DeletedUser802

I find myself getting increasingly concerned that it might not be possible to win all three of the main prizes without spending a large number of diamonds to do so. The second main prize, the purple egg, costs 400 phoenix feathers, which means that a player would have to open the largest phoenix egg (140 count) approximately 20 times. (please excuse if my count is off, math is not my strong suit) That is a huge number of Sky Essences to collect, if you don't buy them with diamonds. And who knows how much larger the third main prize will be? It just doesn't seem to me to be possible to get all three of the main prizes without spending diamonds, and a lot of them. Yes, I know that the purpose of the designers is to get as many players as possible to buy diamonds, because that is how they make money. But diamonds have always been optional in this game. They give you a added advantage. But they were never a necessity for playing the game or the Special Events. It strikes me as being very greedy of the designers to make it virtually impossible for us to get all of the main prizes in the Phoenix event without spending a substantial amount of money on diamonds. It robs the event of a lot of its' entertainment value when you know that you have slim to no chance of getting the offered prizes, unless you want to buy them. While I have no quarrel with anyone who wants to use diamonds (I do so myself sometimes) I really do think that it is only fair that it should also be possible for players to win all three prizes without using diamonds to buy them. This does not bode well for future events. If you know from the very beginning of an event that you have no chance of getting the offered prizes without diamonds then why play in the event at all? I love the special events in Elvenar, and have enjoyed playing them all. I just hope the designers will not make the major mistake of putting main prizes out of reach for most players.

Sir Squirrel

It was the same for the flurry event, you have a very, very slim chance at getting the last grand prize without using diamonds. The smaller events like the valentine and Halloween event, there were are only two prizes and everyone could getting those by finishing the quest. (anyone who put an even modest effort in). If you need diamonds to get the last grand prize in the bigger events (and you pretty much do) that is fine by me because it is the sales of diamonds that give the Dev's a reason to create the events and the first two grand prizes are usually obtainable without buying diamonds (not to mention the other buildings and prizes you might win) and are very good prizes for just completing some extra quests and enjoying in the fun of the event IMO.

SoggyShorts

It just doesn't seem to me to be possible to get all three of the main prizes without spending diamonds
It is far less than a 1:100,000 chance to get the 3rd prize for free.

But they were never a necessity for playing the game or the Special Events.
Summer Solstice and Snow flurry were also like this.
It strikes me as being very greedy of the designers to make it virtually impossible for us to get all of the main prizes in the Phoenix event without spending a substantial amount of money on diamonds
Just selling diamonds to players who want to speed things up a little probably doesn't pay the bills. If a few hundred(thousand?) players want to spend ~$100 each on a prize that isn't even as good as the phoenix cult so that they have something pretty which free players can't get, that's fine by me.

Maillie

I have seen complaints about the Traveling Merchants and I have to say that I am so thrilled to see something new that actually performs a task, rather than being a simple culture item that would need to be replaced in an upcoming chapter. I don't have the biggest city, by far, and I truly appreciate the Merchants. I do hope they come around again as I tried and failed to get the second one.

Heymrdiedier

I have seen complaints about the Traveling Merchants and I have to say that I am so thrilled to see something new that actually performs a task, rather than being a simple culture item that would need to be replaced in an upcoming chapter. I don't have the biggest city, by far, and I truly appreciate the Merchants. I do hope they come around again as I tried and failed to get the second one.
they will come back, MufMuf said in the facebook live session they would come back multiple times (not sure if that means 2 or 3 )

SoggyShorts

While I do applaud the dev's for introducing unique event buildings, the scaling could have been more closely considered.

All you need to make a boosted factory more efficient than a merchant (goods produced per square) is a boost of 178%, which is 36 relics iirc. That leaves a very small window where having the merchant is actually good for your city.

SoggyShorts

Probably look like a gold mine to players in 1st, 2nd chapters :)
Yep, especially getting Merch III before you even unlock T3 goods.
Since anything you win in chapter 1/2 will be far better than what you have, and then be worse than what you can get pretty quickly(depending on your speed)
It doesn't matter all that much what you go for-- I just wish they were useful at all levels. Just by completing the event you will make them obsolete with all the "gain XX relics/solve X encounter" quests, as well as all the relics you gain from opening eggs. If you spread it around a bit you're bound to cross the 36 boosted relics line for each tier.

DeletedUser802

It is far less than a 1:100,000 chance to get the 3rd prize for free.

Summer Solstice and Snow flurry were also like this.

Just selling diamonds to players who want to speed things up a little probably doesn't pay the bills. If a few hundred(thousand?) players want to spend ~$100 each on a prize that isn't even as good as the phoenix cult so that they have something pretty which free players can't get, that's fine by me.

Then why bother having a Special Event at all? Why not just add the new buildings to the "Premium Diamonds Only" list and just slap a price tag on them? Offering "prizes" that are not win-able, but have to be bought, defeats the entire idea of a Special Event.

SoggyShorts

Then why bother having a Special Event at all? Why not just add the new buildings to the "Premium Diamonds Only" list and just slap a price tag on them? Offering "prizes" that are not win-able, but have to be bought, defeats the entire idea of a Special Event.
Just have a look at the top players on any server and know that the thousands of dollars they spent to get there (and keep spending to stay there) are paying for me to play for free. If the final prize is just a symbol of status as a big spender (supporter) of the game, I don't begrudge them that at all.

This event in particular (other than possibly aesthetics) the 3rd grand prize isn't even the best one-- the phoenix cult gives more pop/square, and if you saved up you could get 10 of those for free.

DeletedUser1777

Then why bother having a Special Event at all?
The players want to be kept busy ;)
Hunting the 3 grand prize might bring more cash than any standard permium building ever do. And hey, all the other buildings you can win aren't that bad either, so if you don't like the event at all, simply ignore and skip it :)

iDavis

Culture building which gives orc strategists (30.3. available on live servers) - what about situation when I'm in lower chapter then 8., can I still recieve them? Do they save on my account and can I use them to negotiate encounters later?

DeletedUser1877

you start getting them as soon as bldg is placed, use as you like :)

Deleted User - 60107

Culture building which gives orc strategists (30.3. available on live servers) - what about situation when I'm in lower chapter then 8., can I still recieve them? Do they save on my account and can I use them to negotiate encounters later?
Are you asking about the building giving Orcs, or the building giving Orc Strategists?

The building producing Orcs will produce Supplies instead if you have not reached the Orcs and Goblins chapter when you receive it.

The building producing Orc Strategists will produce those units even if you have no yet researched the unit and you will be able to use them in battle. Note that negotiating in provinces and catering in tournaments requires Orcs, so Orc Strategists will not help there.

DeletedUser1877

Good point, having not reached those orc orcs yet, and having the strategist building and enjoying the troops from it, I assumed he meant strategists, but on rereading the word negotiate pops up. So your answer is the better :)