• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Mermaids Event

slide

@Dony Nice, so everyone at the end tech tree leave space for at least 2 buildings and start leveling them in advance (so the quest doesn't take whole week to complete).
And players near the end of the chapter with everything upgraded and without additional space for 2 buildings(=2 free additional expansions) can simply skip this event.
I've come to the conclusion that we always need to have room for extra buildings regardless of where we are in a chapter. We have so many different events going on that we can't rely on being at the end of a guest race with free space before the next guest race comes along.

Either that or use copious amounts of diamonds - I'm stuck on the second of the 1 Research tech or 2 buildings to 14 or higher, just checked and I should have the 111k mana tomorrow (so that's 2 days for 1 quest).... or I could spend 136 diamonds to get through.

For me, there's no pleasure in this event, just something to do if it works out. I feel that Inno have taken several steps backwards, we still have the T1 boosted goods quests and we all know that elves with steel or humans with steel or planks have just been penalised. To have any quests which can easily take 2 days+ to complete virtually back to back just makes it feel like a grind.

I'd love to be positive about this event, but really can't find anything to be positive about - maybe the nice grapics but that's just about it.

Deleted User - 56274

I try to leave a few residences not maxxed so I can level those. I agree that there are difficulties on upgrades and currently there does seem to be an issue on quest repetition.

DeletedUser

Question..
Why are the grand prizes usually wishing wells, monuments, and libraries when these are offered as daily gifts?

Could these be changed to maybe pet food, royal artifacts to evolve any evolved buildings, 5x combining catalysts, or even a massive aw kp instant? (and yes I made up the royal artifact) It would be kinda nice to have new gifts on these rotations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Potvorisko

I like the idea of endless quests...but now, when they are random, I am afraid, it will be even more difficult to gain main prises because of that stuck - quests (upgrades, research tech, scouting or long productions). It would be fine, if the quests were coming randomly from some "budget of quests" and after all quests in this budget were fullfilled, then could start new budget of quests. This way, we yould have random quests, easy ones same as harders and it would not stuck us so much randomly, but with some order.

Brummbaer

I personal like the idea of "endless" Quest Line, BUT (a big but): The random quests must be improved, I got more or less always the same tasks.
Here is a list in order of appearance:
spend 15 KP (own AW)
collect 5 vision vapors
Produce decorative pillars 6 times
Produce decorative pillars 4 times
give nh 3 times
Produce bread 7 times
Scout one province or upgrade one Building to lvl14 or higher
collect 5 vision vapors
Produce decorative pillars 6 times
Produce decorative pillars 4 times
Produce simple tools 7 times
gain 3 enchantment items
gain one combining catalyst or gain 7 relics
complete one province
collect 7 vision vapors
Produce bread 7 times
Produce bread 6 times
Produce simple tools 7 times
gain 400 spell fragments
gain one combining catalyst or gain 9 relics
invest 20 KP (own AW)
collect 7 vision vapors

Deleted User - 56274

Question..
Why are the grand prizes usually wishing wells, monuments, and libraries when these are offered as daily gifts?

Could these be changed to maybe pet food, royal artifacts to evolve any evolved buildings, 5x combining catalysts, or even a massive aw kp instant? (and yes I made up the royal artifact) It would be kinda nice to have new gifts on these rotations.
I have the same feeling about purple chests. Wishing wells I love wherever and collect them.

Purple chest I am always saddened by getting the 20 KP... I get that in a day blah :)
I would like to see Royal Restorations, the 10 chest Plan Book, combining catalysts, vision vapor, spell fragments etc. as chest prizes or grand prizes (plan book, RRs, probably grand prizes).

The purple chest for me is one that when I roll it because of the cost of it, I want everything in there to make me joyful rather than say eh that again. Granted Portal Profit below chapter 6 are eh, but you can save them for later.

I'll have to go look at what the Summer Solstice event had later and might do a separate post about prizes and what would we really like to see as a grand or purple chest prize.

DeletedUser

I had a long break from Inno and recently came back. Something's making me wonder if I should've stayed away. One of the most enjoyable things for me about the Events was seeing a list of the quests in GoK and being able to plan ahead. That was the challenge. Now I'm just randomly setting manus and workshops on certain things on the offchance that they might come up next, There's no skill in plannning in that, just pot luck!

It was a lot to do with getting the timing right as it was but now there's no rhyme or reason, I'm so disappointed that I've lost interest in the Mermaid Event. I couldn't care less because I can't do the planning that I love to do! I also loved to finish the Event as fast as I could but now it's going to get boring with it going on for so long. Why do they fix things that aren't broke and make them worse!!!

I wonder if it's to make it harder to get the buildings evolved to high levels without spending diamonds? Had to rant about this. I just don't like it! :(

Huh, I just noticed it says I joined on May 1st. 2018. I didn't, I joined in August 2017!

DeletedUser

I would like to see Royal Restorations, the 10 chest Plan Book, combining catalysts, vision vapor, spell fragments etc. as chest prizes or grand prizes (plan book, RRs, probably grand prizes).

With so many daily prizes being buildings and something in live you can plan to save up your currency for, it would be nice having a few more consumables like this as grand prizes. I know people love the wishing well, me it's okay but there are things I would much rather have and need and replace the ones I have when they expire in later events.

I'll have to go look at what the Summer Solstice event had later and might do a separate post about prizes and what would we really like to see as a grand or purple chest prize.
Please :D

I like the endless rotating quests - how about grand prizes being the same? Endless and changing every odd numbered gift.

Lovec Krys

@Kasia Sure having some underleveled buildings is an option, unless you already used this during the last event and now you don't have any of them left.

DeletedUser

So annoying:
62. Produce Beverages [5 m] 13 times - 54 Corals
63. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 7 times - 54 Corals
64. Produce [Bonus Tier 1: 3 h] 6 times - 54 Corals
65. Produce Beverages [5 m] 15 times - 54 Corals
:(

What the point in having almost identical quests in the same quest pool ? :confused:

Deleted User - 56274

With so many daily prizes being buildings and something in live you can plan to save up your currency for, it would be nice having a few more consumables like this as grand prizes. I know people love the wishing well, me it's okay but there are things I would much rather have and need and replace the ones I have when they expire in later events.

Please :D

I like the endless rotating quests - how about grand prizes being the same? Endless and changing every odd numbered gift.

On one of my cities I got some really neat building after Jester's Tavern, don't remember what it was, probably removed it since I advanced a chapter or two :)

DeletedUser

@Kasia I don't think I was around for that event. I've taken many breaks from the game. Don't know any of the buildings from it. But I should probably make a correction to my statement.

I like the endless rotating quests (if they actually rotated and I wasn't stuck researching for 12 more days) and Instead of buildings for grand prizes make them massively powered consumables.

@Jasper on quest #65 holy smokes dude. Nice. Maybe your 324 workshops and 933 marble factories have something to do with your quests?

DeletedUser

There is also a text error in the window for the new building if someone wants to submit it.

DeletedUser

Did you join the forum in August 2017?

According to support I joined in September 2017 but even if that's correct it certainly wasn't 2018 like it's saying! They said they can't change it. Annoying! How could that happen and has it happened to anyone else?

Loki Blue

@Rinkidink How odd. My "joined" dates for all of the forums I'm on are accurate. I have never heard of anyone else with that issue. I wouldn't worry about it, though, because it doesn't really mean that much.

Marindor

@Rinkidink This is something the forum indeed automatically registers when you create your forum account. Maybe in this case you created your forum account a few months after your game account (which was indeed created in September 2017)? Anyway, please discuss about that with Support and let's stay on topic in this thread, which is about feedback on the Mermaids event. Thank you :)

DeletedUser2576

I really like the ideo of an endless questline because it rewards activity and dedication.
When i joined elvenar i was really confused because in almost every game i played events don't had hard caps like in elvenar.

slide

I really like the ideo of an endless questline because it rewards activity and dedication.
When i joined elvenar i was really confused because in almost every game i played events don't had hard caps like in elvenar.
I'm not sure how "activity and dedication" are reflected in having the Research 1 tech or upgrade 2 buildings to lvl 14 or over twice and virtually back to back - anybody stuck on the tree or fully upgraded (like me) will have to wait at least 2 days and so activity and dedication have absolutely nothing to do with it!