• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Mermaids Event

Arthus

I say finally. I think it's ok that advanced players have something in their city to show that they participated in these events. New players will have a chance to get other buildings and if they get an artifact of one they have not, crafting comes into play.

Ok, but then when they will stop adding stonehenge artifacts and phoenix artifacts? Shouldn't there be a way to change this unwanted artifact into wanted one without burning it in academy for spell shards, like some people on polish servers do?

I think the main thing is that we don't know if evolution buildings will ever reappear and some UNIVERSAL artifact is must-be in the future...

I would like to hear official information why they skip 2nd sort of goods in the evo buildings and set buildings :/

Marindor

Hi guys,

Thank you all for you feedback on the event so far! To answer some of your questions:

I somehow miss the daily building sets, will there be only evolving buildings in the future?

There won't only be evolving buildings in the future, but we did get to a point where the set buildings you mention, were taking up a lot of space in your cities compared to a relatively small building (just 4x4) which could be upgraded to give better rewards, so this is a mechanic that we tend to keep using in the future as well. It doesn't mean we entirely switched, you'll come across set buildings and good Daily Rewards as well, but we do also want to give you the opportunity to place your event buildings in your town instead of giving you too many tiles of set buildings each event, resulting in them just piling up in your inventory or getting disenchanted because you have no room :)

@Marindor
Anyway, I looked at the new evolving building - mermaids paradise and I think it´s final production (KP instant) is quiet out of balance. When I compare this building with stonehenge, stonehenge produce 4 KPs per 48 hours. Paradise does only 3 KPs, whilst KP instant is less valuable than KP (instants we can use only in wonders, classic KP in wonders and tech tree as well). Therefore, I think it´s production should be a bit higher. Maybe 2x 3 KP instant would be good, just to be comparable with stonehenge.
If the explanation of this is that we can store instants as many as we want (unlike classic KPs, what cause not increasing number after reaching 10), I don´t think this excuses that (in my opinion bigger) disadvantage I mentioned above.

Because of a bug, the text states that collection is once per 48 hours while it should be once per 24 hours, is this what caused the confusion? We'll have that bug resolved soon, by the way :)

already 2 quests stupid 5 minute beverage quests.... please, please allow us to decline these stupid things, my play style isn't to sit on the screen and wait for a five minute timer.

Declining event quests would make the whole event too easy of course, especially with the ongoing, limitless quest system we currently have. Every player has their own playing style and events in our opinion should give a bit a of a challenge to everyone. For you that may be the fact that you'll have to be around a bit more actively because of shorter productions, other players would love these quick quests and hate the quests which make them wait for 1- or 2-day productions. In the end, you should have a pretty well balanced average of both.

I like the new questsystem but i really dislike, that there is again a building which gives a certain Tier Good.
With the mountainhall still gives a boost to base production as long as it is your boosted good this is a new building that gives disadvantages to players which certain boosted goods.

We never got an final answer too https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...oosted-good-event-buildings.11681/#post-65979
where this unbalanced behaviour is descript.

You have variables that makes a building produce a certain boosted good or boosted +1/2 so please us it. And please change all existing eventbuilding that use this current unfair behaviour. Or just change the fact that there is a mountainhall boost applied to it.

We will once again forward these concerns, thank you for sharing :)

It seems there are 2 different questlines, one easy and one more difficult, does anyone know on what is it based? Do people on the last chapters get the lenghty one and on early chapters the easy one?

No, you'll just get them randomly selected. However, after a certain number of quests, you will notice that the quests will become a bit harder. They will reward you with more Corals as well by that time, so the challenge will eventually become somewhat bigger for the really active players (but in return, this also means a bigger chance to gain as many Evolution Artifacts as you can from now on).

i also, have an acct., i started this month, and went to a neighbor's to invest kp, in their mountain halls, and the quest did not recognize the action. I do not have an ancient wonder as of yet. it's #11 of the quest line.

KP in other player's Ancient Wonders not counting is indeed a bug which we're aiming to get resolved as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience caused there.

There are lots of promises (well not this time) that more evolutions will be available, yet they never materialize. I look in crafting and never see them. Maybe I'm missing them?

No, what we communicated with the Phoenix Event, was that eventually the Phoenix Evolution stones will come back at some point in the future, although they will be very rare. We're not yet sure how we will implement them, there are different possibilities for that, but you should consider that getting e.g. the 8, 9, 10th evolution stone in an event requires a lot of effort, and the new ways to gain them should also reflect that, so it's not likely it would be simply as a crafting recipe. You could think more about possibilities like end of stage 3 Spire chests, 10th tournament chests, end rewards for Fellowship Adventures, along those lines. Again, nothing here is certain yet and these are just examples to give you a bit of an idea. It'll probably take a while though, since the Phoenix Event was only a few months ago.

It's impossible to donate to someone else's AW unless you have unlocked the Ancient Wonders research yourself. So this quest is going to stymie players in chapter I and the first half of chapter II.

Thank you, these concerns have indeed been forwarded and we're currently looking into the matter and might possibly change something there before the Live release. For now, if this quest blocks you because you haven't researched far enough yet to be able to use Ancient Wonders, please send a message to our support and we will look into it for you and help you when needed :)

DeletedUser2966

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please find the announcement for our new Summer Event here and let us know what you think about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I purchased corals to use in the event but i dont even have any quests or even an event pop up. How do i participate in the event if it isnt showing up ?

Marindor

I purchased corals to use in the event but i dont even have any quests or even an event pop up. How do i participate in the event if it isnt showing up ?

Hi, @Rayven1970 . I immediately took a look at your account, and you're currently still playing the tutorial, which learns you the basic steps of the game. Please finish that first and get started a bit, and then the event will eventually pop up for you :)

Deleted User - 60107

Hi, @Rayven1970 . I immediately took a look at your account, and you're currently still playing the tutorial, which learns you the basic steps of the game. Please finish that first and get started a bit, and then the event will eventually pop up for you :)
Perhaps the option to Buy Corals should not show up until the player can actually participate in the event... Kinda pointless to pay-to-win when you can't win because you can't participate at all...

Marindor

Yes, we will forward that as well. We might want to consider changing that indeed, although the tutorial can be finished within an hour, so there shouldn't be too much of a problem for now :)

Buttrflwr

Also i always wonder why they introduced evolution buildings if they know that future players won't have them and will have useless artifacts without possibility of using them on anything, because they will lack main building. If they allow phoenixes to come back again in 2020 spring, some people might end with 2 fire phoenixes on lvl 10 lol. There was already 2nd stonehenge to get in last events for diamond buyers as 10th main reward.
The red highlighted text is a very valid point, one I have considered myself. I would greatly like to know @Marindor response to that. Also, @Arthus there is more than one player that already has 2 fully upgraded, lvl 10 Fire Phoenixes. In fact, there is at least one player that has 2 of each lvl 10 Phoenix. Apparently if you finished the quest line and placed all 3 of your phoenixes, and they were lvl 10, then you got another one. Who knew? o_O

I do like the smaller footprint of the evolutions vs the sets, but I am REALLY already over the whole artifact/evolving thing. I haven't placed an evolution bldg since the phoenixes, they are just not worth it to me at this point. With no more expansions to be had via province clearing, and one to be had per quest race now, my space is just too precious. I am one of those Marindor spoke about doing some disenchanting. ;) (And yes, I have bought PREMIUM expansions, but good grief, I don't want to have to sell my house so I have land in Elvenar! :eek:

DeletedUser

My initial thoughts on the new event are fairly positive:
1. The new building with an infinity pool, get outta here!
2. The endless quest line – This is a really positive change and hope that the change reflects where one is in a chapter. Chapter 1 players do have a hiccup with the ancient wonders which I’m glad they are looking into. Maybe this should just be spend 10 kps.
3. Different quests for people. I like this, it’s kinda nice not really knowing what is coming up next. But still know that I might want to set a few of my factories to 1 day productions
4. The evolved buildings – big fan of these – so many goodies offered in a 4x4 footprint
5. Really fair quest line to reflect play time so that people who do not play as much will benefit with easier (shorter) quests. This is unique.

The only thing Inno may want to change is in the prize chest window. The mermaid looks a bit like a sea monkey, but the seashells look very pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2964

I believe is unfair that players who just started and still need 7-10 days to reach Ancient Wonders basically can't participate :).

Arthus

The red highlighted text is a very valid point, one I have considered myself. I would greatly like to know @Marindor response to that. Also, @Arthus there is more than one player that already has 2 fully upgraded, lvl 10 Fire Phoenixes. In fact, there is at least one player that has 2 of each lvl 10 Phoenix. Apparently if you finished the quest line and placed all 3 of your phoenixes, and they were lvl 10, then you got another one. Who knew? o_O

I do like the smaller footprint of the evolutions vs the sets, but I am REALLY already over the whole artifact/evolving thing. I haven't placed an evolution bldg since the phoenixes, they are just not worth it to me at this point. With no more expansions to be had via province clearing, and one to be had per quest race now, my space is just too precious. I am one of those Marindor spoke about doing some disenchanting. ;) (And yes, I have bought PREMIUM expansions, but good grief, I don't want to have to sell my house so I have land in Elvenar! :eek:

Wow never knew there was something who had more than one of same-type phoenix!
On our main servers there's no such person, maybe difference in money earned in Poland and in west (4-5x less while same price for diamonds) decides.

There's no way to satisfy everyone and in this situation, some group of players will be screwed, but well, this is a game with time-events. Maybe in 2022 there will be buildings that will make you press "delete" on phoenixes, no one knows.

I bought premium expansions too, mainly with diamonds from wishing wells, but one or two with real money diamonds. But there is a difference with spending 20 dollars on game and there's a difference with spending 1/2 of your salary as some people do.

Last edited:

DeletedUser802

I have been playing here in Elvanar for years now, and I have always loved the special events. I prefer the events that have a set number of quests that you have to complete to obtain a set reward. Like the mermaid queen building that was featured in the last event. But I have come to dislike events like the current one, that requires you to "obtain" pearls, or flowers, or whatever, to fill in multiple lines in the event gameboard. I have been letting my participation in these type of events go recently, because I feel that the time, effort and resources---not to mention diamonds----needed to obtain the highest reward form of the prize special building is not worth it. For example with the Mermaid's Paradise. It needs to be upgraded 10 times to reach it highest form. But in order to get one upgrade, you have to obtain one full line of "pearls" on the event gameboard. On on each line is 20 pearls. So you have to fill in 20 spaces in order to finish one line. It would be hard enough to do this if you only had to finish this line 10 times, but because an upgrade is only offered every other prize, you end up having to finish 20 lines lines on the gameboard in order to get the 10 upgrades you need. That is an enormous number to have to fill in. I don't feel it is possible to do so without spending a lot of diamonds on it. Or perhaps it is technically possible, but only very barely so, and only aided with great effort and luck. Of course I realize that the purpose of these events is to get players to buy diamonds, but I feel that most of these type of events now virtually require players to buy and use large numbers of diamonds in order to get anywhere. This is frustrating and has caused me to stop participating in this type of event. I feel that I certainly cannot be the only one who feels this way. Most players don't bother commenting or complaining--they just stop participating in this type of event. There are many things that the designers could do to make this event more attractive to all players: cut down the number of "pearls" to be filled, increase the number of spaces you fill with each selection of "shells", make the upgrade the reward for every line filled, not for every other, or cut down the number of upgrades needed for the special event building to reach it's highest form. This would entice more players to participate---and yes, it would lead to more diamonds purchased. If you are participating in an event, and you know you can make it to the highest reward, and a few diamonds will give you that extra edge, you are more likely to buy. But if you know that you have no chance at all to make it to the highest reward without spending lots of money to do so, that gives you no incentive to play at all.

DeletedUser2576

Thanks @Marindor. The only good producing building were a change to dynamic good productions seems weird is the new spire building endless scroll, because the story behind that makes only scrolls a valid option. I really hope this will be tackled, because it feels really weird when you get an advantage just because you have certain boosted goods or it feels sad that you get a disadvantage by getting another one.

About the sale which people also get with no active event (because in tutorial). A player is in the tutorial for a very short time so i think that could be fine but there are other occasions where it feels weird. People which are not allowed to take part in a FA (because they switched GMS to late) still get the offer to buy badges^^

DeletedUser2817

I like the variable questline and endless questline idea. I do sort of wish we could maybe get several quests at once, maybe like the badge system for the FA, where we had 5 quests that we had to complete before we could go on to the next 5 quests. (The reason I'm comparing it to the badge system is that my idea is that you could partially do any one of the 5 different quests at the same time, for example be producing troops to add to a troops quest while also making workshops productions for a workshop quest).

This would allow for one of my favorite things, which is planning how to use a limited number of workshops (for example) most efficiently. In other words, if you have 10 workshops and have quests to make 20 bread, 50 simple tools and 5 toolboxes, you would get 5 of the workshops working on toolboxes while you were making simple tools and bread. The way this quest system is set up if you get a quest to make a 24-hour something or a 48-hour something, then you have a day or maybe 2 days where you do nothing at all for the event, unless you use timers.

I totally get why variable quests add to fun because they are unpredictable, but they can also subtract from the fun for the reason I just gave, and I think my solution could at least somewhat restore that fun element. You might even have a situation where you could strategize to accomplish things for more than one quest at once, like winning tournament battles and gaining relics as well as spells. Trying to be as efficient as possible for that sort of thing would be lots of fun for me.

Maybe I just have a warped idea of fun though -- what do others think of the idea of having several (perhaps random) quests available simultaneously so we could creatively prioritize and combine them?

Lovec Krys

I was wrong about Spire allowing to progress through event quest without having a Magic Academy.. There is still one thing which can be obtained only there - Vision vapor.
And there is a quest requiring that.
Which means, that cities without a Magic Academy will be once again stopped by this quest.
If only MA was deletable, they could simply destroy it after event (same with the Barracks).

Deleted User - 56274

Hi guys,
Thank you all for you feedback on the event so far! To answer some of your questions:
Declining event quests would make the whole event too easy of course, especially with the ongoing, limitless quest system we currently have. Every player has their own playing style and events in our opinion should give a bit a of a challenge to everyone. For you that may be the fact that you'll have to be around a bit more actively because of shorter productions, other players would love these quick quests and hate the quests which make them wait for 1- or 2-day productions. In the end, you should have a pretty well balanced average of both.

That I very much understand, and yes, the irritation actually is more that I got them so very close together and in a single day. Still 5 5 minute is a lot better than the 50 five minute and not as devastating as the summer solstice which had a total of 104 (or 520 tourney) encounters which I have yet to recover from on beta especially after MORE encounter ones for the Mermaid. That's why on the US forums I have advocated for scaling dependent on what chapter the player is in. Because where I was in 4/5 it takes a lot more to recover than someone who is in higher chapters for goods and troop production so some of the quests become very costly.

If the current mode is an endless cycle of quests then I can see why you would not want them to be declined. If it was that the player would lose out on those points that is a chose they make. I still feel that it should be an option (maybe a reduced rate of collectible for x quests) because some quests can be show stoppers and that takes a lot of the fun out of the events.

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Thanks once again! To answer to come more questions/comments/concerns:

The red highlighted text is a very valid point, one I have considered myself. I would greatly like to know @Marindor response to that.

To be fair, that will be a bridge we'll cross when we get there. We're currently not yet at the point of implementing the old Evolution Stones, but when we're there, there can be multiple ways to deal with that. We could e.g. let the players choose between an Evolution Stone and a level 1 version of this building, we could perhaps let the game first check if someone already has such a building built/in their inventories which is not yet at level 10 and according to that, switch the prize, I don't know. When we're there, that's something our Game Designers will have to look at. Thanks for warning us in advance though, that's certainly appreciated :)

But if you know that you have no chance at all to make it to the highest reward without spending lots of money to do so, that gives you no incentive to play at all.

That is one of the reasons why we now changed the quest system to a limitless one (please see one of my previous posts here). It will give you more of a challenge for the quests will eventually become harder, sure, but it will also make it more rewarding to participate actively and therefore get a higher chance on these rewards. :cool:

Thanks @Marindor.People which are not allowed to take part in a FA (because they switched GMS to late) still get the offer to buy badges^^

Thank you, will forward that for looking into as well!

That I very much understand, and yes, the irritation actually is more that I got them so very close together and in a single day.

Thanks, that's also something we will forward to our Game Designers to further dive into, to use the event's terms :D