1. Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion Royal Restoration Spell

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marindor, Dec 18, 2018.

1. conqueror9

conqueror9 Well-Known Member

OMG
    It is a matter of changing BP to RR spell
    we have 2 issue
    (a) some player do not buy magic residential or workshop, but their FS reach chest 10 and get a blue print, blue print becomes a useless item......it is suggest to use it to upgrade event building....for those who have blue print , but no magic building, they can use it
    (b) It is not every fellowship is able to reach chest 10 to get blue print, it is good that we can get a RR to upgrade event building...this is particultary meaning-ful for those fs who can only reach lower milestone due to insufficent members (FS size is smaller )

I think Inno create RR to resolve the 2 issues above, but the ratio of changing blue-print into RR appears upset majority player who are using blue-prints

regarding the ratio.....it will be a very long discussion and may not reach any agree-point

regarding the RR arrangement for each chest.. i do agree
    personally, i would suggest

(I) keep blue print for original use ....upgrade magic buildng only
    (II) keep RR in chest ( no auto conversion between blue print and RR), we use RR to upgrade event building.... this allow the testing of RR to continue
    amount of RR in each chest can always be reduced, increased during testing or after testing RR....
    (III) allow player to change blue print to RR (optional) with a conversion table... it is for those player who have blue print but w/o magic building, it is their choice whether to keep blue-print or not, just like our MA..we can use MA to break blue-print into RR
    (IV) allow player to change RR to blue print (optional) with a conversion table.... it is for those player who have magic building but his FS cannot reach chest 10...the conversion table may be a hugh in order to protect the interests of those who use blue print to upgrade magic buildings

(I) and (II) can be resume testing asap
    (III) can also test
    (IV) may need to discuss be introduce in testing

2. Mykan

Mykan Well-Known Member

I agree with the sentiment but to bring it back a step so the devs can figure out the balance ratio themselves.

1BP = 10 chest tournament RR = a magic residence upgrade

The other issue as mentioned is event buildings do not change in size but magic buildings do so, the magic buildings devalue in comparison to an event building. Fixing the costs fixes this, but should increasing cost be necessary then the devaluation of the buildings needs to be balanced between future magic buildings and future (and current) event buildings

Another aspect is to keep the 10th chest reward worth the effort to achieve this. The devs did a lot of work (and pain) to get this set-up the way it is and it is working well. No problem with the reward not been exclusive but the reward for those later chests needs to feel like its worth the effort to obtain. More RR, some crafting spells or some KP are all acceptable to me (redistributed from existing or additional)

3. bowdenark

bowdenark Member

totally agree.
    I would add to leave the blue print in the 10 chest so those used to use them for the residences and workshops will not feel ... lovelorn XD
    It's Christmas ;)

4. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Well-Known Member

Yes, indeed- whatever a 10 chest tournament rewards for RR/BP should be the conversion rate. To a player this is obvious.
    Also, whatever the cost to upgrade a magic building becomes, it should equal a 10 chest tournament.
    If it's 11:11:11 that's the right idea, but clearly players were expecting a little higher like 15:15:15.

For me this is the most important part.
    Getting the 10th chest used to mean something. It was a difficult goal, but one that was worth trying for.
    Please inno, don't devalue it to the point where a FS can just half-ass the tournament and get half a BP.

Mykan, Golden Awaken and Nemisis like this.
  5. MalpA

MalpA Well-Known Member

This spell is kinda best thing Inno can give for players. In Amuni GR after i upgrade all residences i still have a problem with population,i felt like upgrades give not enough of pop.
    But after this spell get implemented i felt like a boss :D ... after upgraded almost all of my building i have soo big stock for next GR, and eventualy place some T6 building for future:)

Well played INNO, this was best move You can made:)

upload_2018-12-21_8-55-11.png

Angeduciel likes this.
  6. edeba

edeba Well-Known Member

I think that is a great idea to step back and think it through. What I know for sure in my f/s is many, many magic buildings were purchased in the later chapters and those purchases were driven by calculations for upgrading costs and blue prints to offset those costs.

Everyone in chapter 13 points to the 24 square workshop and there is a lot of simple averaging between the 16 square residence and the workshop to get an average of 20. But I know I have a lot more magic residences so a weighted average using a ratio of 3 residences/workshop is 18.

At the same time, I can also see that maybe getting all 10 chests has worked out to be easier than inno intended, especially as cities get stronger and maybe even with the upgrading ability. I think 1:18 is the correct ratio but a tournament with 12 chests the last 2 totaling an addition 25k of points (10 and 15k or 11 and 14k) and putting the last 8 in those two extra chests is a way better idea for the balancing concerns, and going to 10 spells for the first 10 chests.

We've waited so very long for the restoration spells, I think it is very unfair to nerf what we thought thought we could upgrade as we planned for this. I also think the 1 square/spell is a good idea. I can accept the expectation of being able to upgrade an event building with one tournament, and having a ratio of 18:25, so having to do a second tournament to finish, but this 10 or 11:25 is a pretty drastic cut...

Angeduciel likes this.
  7. Heymrdiedier

Heymrdiedier Well-Known Member

OOh so you used all your RR spells allready? I didnt dare to use any.

Have you considered that maybe in version 2 of royal restoration, a BP you had before might now be worth 15 RR, instead of the 10 you got? It might also be less ofcourse, noone can tell.

SoggyShorts likes this.
  8. MalpA

MalpA Well-Known Member

Didnt care at all :) i will get another :) ..400 or 600 it doesnt matter as long as i made all buildings i want to upgrade

maxiqbert likes this.
  9. maxiqbert

maxiqbert Well-Known Member

same here
    I upped what i wanted to upgrade,
    now, take your time, and think it over as long as it takes lol

Angeduciel and MalpA like this.
  10. MalpA

MalpA Well-Known Member

Hehe it is what i exactly think now :D ...just do it as long as You want, but i got everything what i want :D

11. alpha-74

alpha-74 Active Member

After the RR test I had 14 RR left and now I only have one blueprint

12. LordB

LordB Well-Known Member

Now with everything cooled down a bit I'd like to come around with minor stuff ;)

The RR spell image
    blueprint_to_restoration.png
    Every other instant is more or less in shades of the same base color, so the RR image looks a bit colourful and out of place compared to the others
    Also the Icon itself looks a bit too square and uninspired for my taste.
    Especially the checkered ground looks totaly unecessary and out of place.

I would more go like something like this
    RR.png

Golden Awaken, Syonis and SoggyShorts like this.
  13. Dony

Dony King of Bugs

that it not true anymore, check instants in inventory, all got new graphics

14. Karvest

Karvest Well-Known Member

Same here, RR's amount was rounded down before exchange, not up as it was stated by @Marindor

maxiqbert, edeba and Angeduciel like this.
  15. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Well-Known Member

ooooh I was worried about this. Was very tempted to spend 9 RR to try and score a free upgrade but decided not to:p

edeba likes this.
  16. edeba

edeba Well-Known Member

Me too, I used some, 64 for 4 building upgrades and and then 44 more for I think another 4 upgrades. I had 162 left and I only have 16 blueprints.

Ok, so I did 8 upgrades, and I started with 27 blueprints. So, at 18:1 I'd have had 21 blueprints returned. At 15: I'd have had 19 back, which is the correct number for the number of buildings I upgraded. My beta account is chapter 6.

I think 18:1 is fair for my big account, but obviously for my baby account 15:1 is fair.

17. qaccy

qaccy Well-Known Member

That would fly in the face of what the developers were planning these spells to be used for, though. It would be quite inconsistent in the new system for these buildings to maintain a fixed cost when everything else that these spells could be used on does not, and would be rather strange in cases where this cost is higher than a larger event building or the reverse, when it's less than a smaller event building.

I'll admit though that I'm biased. I see people stockpiling whatever they can, as much as they can, and expect not only to never actually run out of whatever they're stockpiling, but also for Inno to never touch (or at least devalue) their stockpile either, even if it's to implement changes to the game that are ultimately better in the long-term.

18. conqueror9

conqueror9 Well-Known Member

annoucement say
    if u have 11RR,
    11/10=1.1.....u will get 2 blue-print ..not 1 blue-print....
    Inno will round up to next interger

19. Bruce the Fierce

Bruce the Fierce Member

Maybe what Inno needs to do is split the buildings that use RRs into two group. Event buildings which are free and don't grow. Event buildings could cost 1 RR per space. And purchased building which cost money and do grow. Purchased building could cost 1 RR per 2 spaces. This would cure most of the problem people are having with blue print to RR conversion.

maxiqbert likes this.
  20. NoNeZ

NoNeZ Member

As for me, the simplest way is to take mechanics from Inno and put conversation rating 1 BP = 15 RR. For InnoGames one thought: conversation will be once during a game ))