• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Feedback Snow Flurry Event

DeletedUser736

We can actually have both :D And actually, I do not dislike the summer event buildings. I was just thinking they should have put a little more effort into creating winter ones. And in some ways, maybe it's better they go conservative. Event buildings eventually ended up ruining FoE, Imho.

DeletedUser1817

They have designed about 26 winter specific daily exclusives, according to Elven Architect tables, plus the 3 grand prizes. It is already quite an effort I would say ;)! And, being one of these people who are as much attached to the buildings design as to their efficiency, I am quite glad to have a shot at obtaining buildings I missed last summer or upgrading to my current research chapter level those I already have :).

DeletedUser1681

I just noticed that with little over a week into the event I've opened maybe 3-4 chests.

First I went for a 2x2 building a couple of days ago - it wasn't especially spectacular but better value than my holy codex (and it isn't "too wintery"). Won one time and ofc the following attemps to get another one failed. Anyway it wasn't quite what I expected in the beginning, I was opening the chests because I felt impatient after a long wait (for a building I'd truly like) rather than absolutely wanting that building.

Second attemp today because I needed relics and the tournament provinces were fast progressing past the first level yielding only 2 relics per province - so I thought I'd try the chest route. It worked but now I feel that I should save my chests unopened until the next quest requiering relics.

Hmmm o_O really not going the way I expected in my initial enthusiasm.

Elderflower

I'm also saving my chests for the relics quests. 24 relics is rather a lot and having to do it twice makes the whole thing very hard indeed.

DeletedUser

They have designed about 26 winter specific daily exclusives, according to Elven Architect tables, plus the 3 grand prizes. It is already quite an effort I would say ;)! And, being one of these people who are as much attached to the buildings design as to their efficiency, I am quite glad to have a shot at obtaining buildings I missed last summer or upgrading to my current research chapter level those I already have :).

I wonder if a couple of daily exclusives will be runes, like it was in the summer event. I really liked those :)

SoggyShorts

Anyone else having a problem with #65? "upgrade 5 lbuildings to level 6"
I got 2/5 last night, and
started 2 level 11 res last night, but still 2/5 this morning
Upgraded 2 more plankers to 6, no joy.

I've sent in a ticket, but was wondering if it's a common issue

DeletedUser1681

Ok, this is how I like it...

I needed 24 relics for a quest so I started clicking: 1st box 200 snowflakes, 2nd box 12 relics, 3rd box Father Tree of Candy Canes (540 pop+culture), 4th box 140 snowflakes, 5th box another Father Tree and finally 6th box 12 relics which completed the quest :)

Now I'm 30 snowglobes short of 1st level main prize and I got 2 of those opened large boxes "for free" (all the boxes I opened were large).

And here's a snapshot of one of my citizens admiring the trees :)

Attachments

• FTofCC.jpg
    FTofCC.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 278

DeletedUser1548

Don't you have a feeling on live servers crystal appear less frequently?
I have both cities open on tabs and noticed on Beta I have twice as much crystals. It's easy to notice even when I look at total number of snowflakes here and there (I took into account difference between number of daily quests).

DeletedUser1767

Don't you have a feeling on live servers crystal appear less frequently?
I have both cities open on tabs and noticed on Beta I have twice as much crystals. It's easy to notice even when I look at total number of snowflakes here and there (I took into account difference between number of daily quests).
Not exactly?, but I've definitely had the impression that the rate of snowflake appearance has increased as the event has been running. It was most obvious the first day to the second day, both on Beta and in my live cities. Quite possibly I'm imagining it. But if something like that were the case, then Beta snowflakes would occur at a higher rate simply because the event has been going on a week longer.

DeletedUser

For me the rate of ice crystals forming is the same on Beta as on the live server. You hear a sound when a new crystal is formed and I hear that sound on all my 3 accounts at the same time.

DeletedUser1681

Btw, is there any sign of winter event daily prizes being "polishable". I have not yet managed to polish any in my neigbourhood. I know they usually have become polishable (eventually), someone said earlier "in the next upgrade" but that's been done. So any news on this one ? I'd like to delete a couple of lesser "old" ones but don't want to fiddle with culture total too much (received nh).

SoggyShorts

@Heffernan
The summer solstice only lasted 21 days, but the buildings weren't buffable until a week after it ended-- so maybe January 12?
Then again maybe tomorrow....

DeletedUser503

Oh, I just won the Lampion Winter Pond. Beautiful. My compliments to whomever
designed it. And with a reindeer drinking from the little stream, I love it! Thank you!

DeletedUser1677

Just got a quest with "Solve 10 Encounters or buy 10 Knowledge Points"
I like that, because it let us, that is pretty far in the map, choosing something else :)