• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Feedback Snow Flurry Event

DeletedUser802

I totally love the look of the snow flurry event! I love how my city is covered in fresh snow, it just look wonderful! The grand prizes look gorgeous, and we have plenty of time to get them all. The first prize, the winter father tree, is beautiful! The only thing I don't like, so far, is that most of the regular draw prizes are relics. In the last special event, they offered a lot of spells, which were at least useful. The vast majority of the relics are useless. Still in all, I really like the new event, visually beautiful!

DeletedUser1817

Relics are useful! Especially for people who make the effort of learning how to use to their advantage the spells that can be produced using some relics in the Magic Academy, instead of complaining that it is useless ;).

DeletedUser1721

Relics are useful! Especially for people who make the effort of learning how to use to their advantage the spells that can be produced using some relics in the Magic Academy, instead of complaining that it is useless ;).
"useful until you run out of the appropriate relics" is, to me, "useless". I don't deny that it is useful in some cases, but to me the risk of running out of relics because you couldn't get on for the appropriate tournament and Inno doesn't want you to conquer provinces anymore outweighs any benefit from it because if you don't have relics it just sits there, 25 squares of space that don't even give you ranking points or do anything useful.

CrazyWizard

When I refreshed I also got a pop up kinda like the "there is a treasure hidden in this city" one
"A crystal has formed at the edge of your city"
Here is what the crystal looks like:
10yf1q0.png

It was REALLY far south, further than a chest would ever be.

EDIT: Is it really 35 days long? I didn't have a Beta account during the summer solstice, did they overlap, or did the SS start after Beta finished?
Summer Solctice event on live started 7 or 14 days after it started on beta.

I personally suspect this to go live comming monday since all raw data seems to be already set into version 1.18

DeletedUser802

Oh, I use relics in my Magic Academy to make spells. But that still makes most relics not worth very much. And it is a bit stingy of the designers, since, rather than giving us full spells as prizes, they are only giving us pieces to use to build spells out of. Not as as satisfying as prizes. It is the same with getting endless copies of shards for Ancient Wonder buildings that I have already constructed. You can argue that they are useful, but realistically they are not worth that much. I will still enjoy the Snow Flurry Event, very much, but I just wish that they had given out full spells as prizes rather than so many relics.

DeletedUser802

Kudo's to the art team on this event. It is quite beautiful...all of it. Even the welcome/did you know screen is sooo pretty! Thank you. :)

I absolutely agree! The artwork is gorgeous! I was so pleased with I logged in and found my city all covered in fresh fallen snow! and I am looking forward to getting all the snow themed prizes!

DeletedUser724

the background snow
make snow crystal hard to observe (found)

should Inno make improvement to display it better so
player can find it easily

e.g. Flashing it or large in size or both

DeletedUser1250

I like this event and I like the prizes, also love the way the city looks. It's great.
One thing I don't like: there are relics in the gift boxes and I don't need them, I would rather have spells. I am getting plenty of relics in the tournaments. A starting player might be happy with the relics though, but I am not. I have the magic academy and I am producing spells non-stop, but even then spells would be much more useful for me than relics.

Dony

King of Bugs
One thing I don't like: there are relics in the gift boxes and I don't need them, I would rather have spells. I am getting plenty of relics in the tournaments. A starting player might be happy with the relics though, but I am not. I have the magic academy and I am producing spells non-stop, but even then spells would be much more useful for me than relics.
I agree on this one, was expecting spells myself from boxes, at least those more expensive

Heymrdiedier

I agree on this one, was expecting spells myself from boxes, at least those more expensive
I think the problem with that might be, that people wont build the magic academy anymore. Since they get more spells then they need form the event.
I for example still have enough spells from solstice event in the summer on a low lvl account, while i havent built the academy yet (and dont plan to do in the near future). I do use the 20 kp spell a lot tho.

DeletedUser1817

Relics are more flexible, you can choose what you do with them:
- keep some sorts, because you still need to improve your production boosts,
- use some of those not corresponding to your boosts to produce the spells you need through the Magic Academy,
- keep all for use upgrading your Ancient Wonders.

One example of the problems I encountered with Summer Solstice prizes on my main world: opening event chests, I have accumulated a total of 120 Inspiring Meditation spells, which I almost never use, as I usually can connect at least 3 times a day. These are still waiting in my inventory bag since last August... What a waste!

They are even more useful now that obtaining some through province conquest or tournaments has become notably more difficult after the combat system revision.

For these reasons, I prefer it the new way ;)!

Dony

King of Bugs
Relics are more flexible, you can choose what you do with them:
- keep some sorts, because you still need to improve your production boosts,
- use some of those not corresponding to your boosts to produce the spells you need through the Magic Academy,
- keep all for use upgrading your Ancient Wonders.

One example of the problems I encountered with Summer Solstice prizes on my main world: opening event chests, I have accumulated a total of 120 Inspiring Meditation spells, which I almost never use, as I usually can connect at least 3 times a day. These are still waiting in my inventory bag since last August... What a waste!

They are even more useful now that obtaining some through province conquest or tournaments has become notably more difficult after the combat system revision.

For these reasons, I prefer it the new way ;)!
what i would give for 120 inspiring meditation spells...
i have 1300+ relics per type tho

DeletedUser1817

Maybe they could add into the Magic Academy a "Magic trader" screen, allowing those who have excess spells to trade them for relics with those who have too much of these ;).

Buttrflwr

I think the problem with that might be, that people wont build the magic academy anymore. Since they get more spells then they need form the event.

For those of us that don't have a magic academy, and refuse to purchase any more diamonds until they do something about the battle system that has effectively stopped many of us from battling, the relics are not beneficial if they aren't our boosts. I will NOT be bldg a MA on this server. At least not until I can battle again on the live server. So, back on topic, I would prefer spells here, but on live it really won't matter, as I have an MA.

CrazyWizard

I see 2 days long the same daily reward.
Is that supposed to be?

Both yesterday as today I see the Father Frozen Tree.

DeletedUser1817

I have reported that as a possible bug. @Marindor has confirmed it did not seem to be normal and has forwarded the bug report.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser802

I also was looking forward to full spells being offered in the gift boxes. Spells are a lot more useful, and a better prize. I have the Magic Academy and produce spells on my own, but getting extra spells as prizes was nice. And I think that it is not a good idea for so many of the prizes in the gift boxes being relics. It is disappointing when so many of the prizes are relics. Relics are of limited value. It would be fine to make one of the possible gifts in the boxes be relics, but the way it is now, you get relics way too often when you open a box. And I really must say, I wish they would figure out a way for us not to get endless shards for Ancient Wonders that I have already built. I have dozens of shards for buildings that I have already built, sitting in inventory. Yes, I know they can be used to build up the AW to higher levels, but really, I will never invest all the resources into building up an AW far enough to need all the shards that I have accumulated. It would be a different matter if the shards that I got as prizes were for AW's that I did not yet have. Regardless, still enjoying the Snow Flurry event! Artwork is gorgeous, the special buildings are beautiful, and I totally adore how my city looks all snow covered!