• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Feedback Snow Flurry Event

DeletedUser1681

I just had to rearrange my city in local server :rolleyes: I kept accidentally collecting the troops... and ofc the power of provision spells. Usually just before they were needed :oops:. Now my magic academy is faaar away from any residences (or the edges where snow crystals appear), the mainhall is in one corner and barracks in another. Not necessarily very practical, unless there's an even like this where you have pay attention in which order to collect stuff.

SoggyShorts

I just had to rearrange my city in local server :rolleyes: I kept accidentally collecting the troops... and ofc the power of provision spells. Usually just before they were needed :oops:. Now my magic academy is faaar away from any residences (or the edges where snow crystals appear), the mainhall is in one corner and barracks in another. Not necessarily very practical, unless there's an even like this where you have pay attention in which order to collect stuff.

Once your spells have finished cooking you can disconnect the road so you don't accidentally click it. Saved me a couple times =)

DeletedUser651

I just accidentally collected the spells. UGH. I will disconnect roads in the future. Good tip.

SoggyShorts

I just accidentally collected the spells. UGH. I will disconnect roads in the future. Good tip.
You can also sneak 3 spells into a level 2 MA. You have to open the MA before the first one completes, and keep it open when the timer reaches zero.
Then you can queue up a second and third spell.
You can try it with your barracks to see what I mean, works exactly the same.

PS. Nice try putting it in the corner where "I won't click that".
I could put mine in another persons city and STILL click it by accident.

DeletedUser

I don't think the daily quests are very fair for small villages. 250 Elixer? When I got that quest yesterday I didn't even have t3 factories :(
I thought, well I'll skip that one then. But to my horror, it turns out that the daily quest will remain the same until you've completed it, and because of that you're missing out on the following one. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Build my t3 this morning, but the event is so unfair that I'm not going to continu

DeletedUser1681

I don't think the daily quests are very fair for small villages. 250 Elixer? When I got that quest yesterday I didn't even have t3 factories :(
I thought, well I'll skip that one then. But to my horror, it turns out that the daily quest will remain the same until you've completed it, and because of that you're missing out on the following one. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
You can also do the daily quests continuosly until you catch up, at least that's what my buddy said he's done. So you shouldn't be missing out as long as aren't completely hitting a wall.

As for the quests in general, if you look at the quest list they do get more and more demanding and I myself have thought both here and local server that there may be a point that I want to "hop out of the train" before the finishing line. It's just that the points that I'm starting to find exhausting are different from what a smaller city owner has difficulties with.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

Build my t3 this morning, but the event is so unfair that I'm not going to continu
Ask your Fellowship for help, you do not need the factories, you can trade the goods, and in a normal fellowship it aint that hard to trade back and forth some goods even if it's a very bad trade. since with back and forth it cancels out (so you trade your 250 iron for 250 elixer and then he puts up the same trade that you buy back)

Problem solved.
Those good quests are by far the easiest.

I have even found friendly neigbours on my noob accounts who just paid tier 2/3 goods for some planks

DeletedUser

Ask your Fellowship for help, you do not need the factories, you can trade the goods, and in a normal fellowship it aint that hard to trade back and forth some goods even if it's a very bad trade. since with back and forth it cancels out (so you trade your 250 iron for 250 elixer and then he puts up the same trade that you buy back)

Problem solved.
Those good quests are by far the easiest.

I have even found friendly neigbours on my noob accounts who just paid tier 2/3 goods for some planks

Thanks for your suggestions, but there no help for me. I don't have a fellowship, because I'm a irregular player. And my neighbors place more 1-star or even 0-star trade, than fair 2-star trade.

But it's also beside the point. I still think it's an unfair treatment of small villages, to ask for goods you can't produce yourself or trade within the same group. As far as I know Innogames also frowns upon back and forth trade

SoggyShorts

But it's also beside the point. I still think it's an unfair treatment of small villages, to ask for goods you can't produce yourself or trade within the same group. As far as I know Innogames also frowns upon back and forth trade
Small villages also have a huge advantage when it comes to quests like "scout a province" That takes you about an hour, and for bigger players can take 4 days. There is some balance there.

Inno games 100% does not frown upon back and forth trades. This is why the quests say "gain" not "produce". Swapping a small amount of goods back and forth 10 times to satisfy a quest is 100% legitimate.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1767

My two live server cities are many chapters apart (end of chapter three versus middle of chapter nine), and I've been half-monitoring their progress relative to each other. For most of the event, they've been almost in lockstep. Sometimes one city will get ahead -- usually the bigger one -- but then the smaller one always catches up. At the moment, the bigger city has a good lead, but it just hit "Scout 2 provinces." My scouting times in that city are a minimum of one day, four hours. I'm pretty sure the smaller city is going to catch up while all the scouting is happening.

CrazyWizard

Thanks for your suggestions, but there no help for me. I don't have a fellowship, because I'm a irregular player. And my neighbors place more 1-star or even 0-star trade, than fair 2-star trade.

Have you even tried that when you need to aquire for example 250 magic dust like today, to just place a trade 250 planks for 250 dust?

I have been quite success full this way on another nob account without a fellowship when I needed 500 silk or so. there seem to be some friendly people around who see your a noob without factories and help out, once you aquired it it's easier to use in the future for trades to get what ya need.

SoggyShorts

Have you even tried that when you need to aquire for example 250 magic dust like today, to just place a trade 250 planks for 250 dust?
The most the game would allow you to post is
1,000 planks for 250 Dust, but yes I would also take that trade from a newbie neighbor to help them.
Even just post it up and contact a big player near you. Offer to take their trade of 1,000 planks for 250 Dust after they take yours.

DeletedUser1681

Both daily prizes (live and beta) are yuck today. :(
I agree. I know the plan is to "give another chance" to win those summer event prizes - it's just that flower cages and unicorns were not in my shopping list :p. Matter of taste ofc. Maybe towards the end of the week when the celebrations are closer (I still believe that snow/winter event or whatever the xmas time is doing it's work in devs minds).

Too bad that in Beta I had a get 40 relics quest, I wanted to save my snowflakes for later. So I had to go trampling over the provinces - did get an expansion though. But there's a get 50 relics quest looming just around the corner :eek:.

Did a quick estimate, I haven't counted how many extra snowflakes I've gotten from opening the boxes but I have now enough to get the 2nd grand prize (when I eventually decide to use them).

PS. This event really makes me miss the option to move around the city using keyboard. No matter what precautions I make I always always click something accidentally...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1767

Both daily prizes (live and beta) are yuck today. :(
It makes sense, though. They released several very good prizes in the days leading up to what will be Christmas on the live servers, so they probably expected that by this point, a lot of us would be low on snowflakes. Imagine how annoyed we'd all be if, after going all in trying to get Snowy Charming Trees, the Winter Star had come the very next day! A lot of people would have been upset, I bet, and justifiably so. A day or two of less-than-thrilling prizes gives people a chance to replenish their caches before more of the really good prizes come out.

Dony

King of Bugs
I suggest for similar events in the future where we need to collect something around the town to show icon next to event button to indicate that something is collectable in my city instead of posting the message on my screen every time i come back to my city that there is something, would be less annoying after 1 month :) it can even show small number near it indicating how many of that objects are right now in my city
after collecting everything this icon will disappear till next reappearing

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 219

DeletedUser1548

I would like to see the list of daily prizes inside the game.
No need to be mysterious here, I believe. People would like to choose 'nice' things and 'efficient' things and know which one is which without thinking 'should I use my resources now or wait?'. Players who do not use forums and choose wrong (in their opinion) may finish the event in regret and it's sad outcome both for them and for the makers.

DeletedUser1777

My statistic so far, thank you Inno for all those great gifts!

3 accounts at a different chapter (2x Beta 1x live), with all of them I could finish yesterday the questline without using any diamonds.

-> in average I collect 33 snowflakes per day
-> the first and second mainprize is gained, the third stays a dream
-> the desired daily buildings could be won with using maximal 5x 140 snowflakes

Account 1:
opened boxes: 9x 50, 10x 90, 41x 140
won snowflakes: 1620 (2x 90, 6x 140, 3x 200)
others: 14x relics, 14x runeshards, 14x buildings, 7x KP

Account 2:
opened boxes: 12x 50, 8x 90, 40x 140
won snowflakes: 1870 (5x 90, 3x 140, 5x 200)
others: 25x relics, 7x runeshards, 13x buildings, 2x KP

Account 3 (live, one week behind):
opened boxes: 3x 50, 3x 90, 44x 140
won snowflakes: 2060 (9x 140, 4x 200)
others: 17x relics, 5x runeshards, 10x buildings, 4x KP

Buttrflwr

What I am finding the most difficult as a small player is the "buy KP's". Not even the relics are as hard as buying the kp, because there are different ways to acquire those, and has been stated elsewhere, the "gain X amount of goods" can be done by trading back and forth with FS members. When you have spend X amount of KP, followed by BUY X amount of KP, it can become really difficult, especially as there were so MANY buy KP quests. It now costs me FORTY THOUSAND coins to buy ONE KP...and the goods it wants are also beyond my capabilities.
I have made it almost to the end, but may get stalled out by the last buy KP requirement. Maybe you should consider changing the "BUY" requirement to "GAIN" in the future, or change the increased costs per KP, as it quickly exceeds the small players ability.

Just my two (40K) cents worth. :)

DeletedUser1681

I admit that basically I've been very lucky during this event :D.

I mean that you can always expect someone to be a task or two ahead of you so that you have some advance warning, but we had a whole list within a week. Forward planning was the key, and probably will be in the future... But can you rely on someone to swing the diamond bag and solve the tasks in a few days to have them published ? Not really.

You can always "bake" a cpl of spells beforehand, have some troops trained, but starting a scout beforehand requires some real info so that you can start it at the right time. Same with 1-2 day productions, you can make some beforehand but as some of us have noticed :rolleyes: it's all too easy to pick them up before you need them :oops:.

I was also lucky to have some space in my cities, was about to go into dwarves chapter and had made some room for them. So when it was time to make use of the building upgrade trick (starting new ones) there was room, I had some population too meant for something else which I can't remember anymore.

Tournaments were good for relics and kp's but there's some redesign going on there, so will have to wait how well that works in the future. And relics from the boxes weren't too hard to get. I also had quite many provinces scouted, but clearing them is going to be costly in the future. I can see the buying kp's tasks also becoming "taxing".

Players at different places in the game have their different obstacles, some of my friends here and local have given up simply because had too "young" villages and also simply because this happened to be a very important family celebration - plenty of time (seemingly) but they just didn't have the time to log in several times a day or even daily.
I myself see the future events somewhat troublesome because I'm now reaching the place in game where even upgrading a building etc can be quite expensive and timeconsuming. Making it through the whole of an event is not a certainty.

Anyways, enjoyed this event a lot, many of the prizes were really great... so thumbs up :).