• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Feedback Snow Flurry Event

DeletedUser1681

...are snow crystals inspired by my suggestion catch me if you can?...
you mean, are they moving around ? then no they're not.

Must you be online for snow crystals to appear in your city?
No, when you log in you get a pop up as Soggy describes. Actually just now I logged in and found not one but two crystals. So I wonder if there's some kind of set time after which they appear (and so there could be several in the morning) or is it just chance ??

SoggyShorts

EDIT: Is it really 35 days long? I didn't have a Beta account during the summer solstice, did they overlap, or did the SS start after Beta finished?
Found my own answer:
Beta Aug 01-Aug 22
Live Aug 08-Aug 29

So if the same holds true, this should go live in a week.

Now the question is are the last 2 event items obtainable without diamonds? Or will it be like the Summer Solstice where you had a ~5% and a 0.000001% chance?

DeletedUser1767

So I wonder if there's some kind of set time after which they appear (and so there could be several in the morning) or is it just chance ??
I've found them every time my city has reloaded, a couple of times when I left my city (after I finished NHing my fellowship and once when I spent KP on the tech tree), and a few seemingly random times as well, usually an hour or so apart. Also the number of snowflakes you get per crystal seems to vary randomly between one and at least three. Has anyone got more than three at once?

DeletedUser1596

The event looks good, but we are going to face the same problem as we did the last time. We are going to save all the snow flakes for the last days of the event, because that's when the best awards will pop up (like that blue tree - that was awesome).

This spoils the fun a little bit, but still thumbs up.

Elrondriel

OK, starting with the good news: we have a new event and it lasts through the whole holidays - YAY !

BUT, did Rike really approve that artwork ? This is the first time that I'm deeply disappointed about a design feature in Elvenar. The snow on the background looks really visibly "topped on" and blurred. No snow on the Ancient Wonders background overlays ? No snow in our cities and not even on the empty expansions ? Come one, you could do this far better !

Dony

King of Bugs
this is a big spoiler, all cultural building from this event, only on your own risk
The event looks good, but we are going to face the same problem as we did the last time. We are going to save all the snow flakes for the last days of the event, because that's when the best awards will pop up (like that blue tree - that was awesome).
last time i went for runes only on live server which made me build 4 wonders from 54 runes or so awarded, most likely i will go this time aswell

DeletedUser1665

I reached quest #11 Gain 30k coins 13 snow flakes. Having a really small city (just now researching ancient wonders) I collected some coins and the quest gave as expected the Blue your not there yet but on the right track bubble from the quest icon. Then I finished a standard quest to train 30 troups and when I collected the 15k coins it didn't count towards the snow quest.

Dony

King of Bugs
I reached quest #11 Gain 30k coins 13 snow flakes. Having a really small city (just now researching ancient wonders) I collected some coins and the quest gave as expected the Blue your not there yet but on the right track bubble from the quest icon. Then I finished a standard quest to train 30 troups and when I collected the 15k coins it didn't count towards the snow quest.
reward from other quests doesnt count for this quest, check my bug report

DeletedUser1750

http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/

Here is the full listing of daily buildings :)

Daily Event buildings:

Lazy Snowman 3x2 - 250 culture (chapter 1) 1380 culture (chapter XIV)

Winter Star 3x3 - 240 pop, 240 culture (chapter 1) 4100 pop, 4100 culture(chapter XIV)

Frozen Lake 3x3 - 370 culture (chapter 1) 6400 culture(chapter XIV)

Snowball Fight 2x3 - 260 culture (chapter 1) 4500 culture (chapter XIV)

Igloo Festival 3x4 - 270 pop, 270 culture (chapter 1) 4700 pop, 4700 culture (chapter XIV)

Glacier Garden 5x3 - 350 pop, 350 culture (chapter 1) 6100 pop, 6100 culture (chapter XIV)

Lampion Winter Pond 3x3 - 370 culture (chapter 1) 6400 culture(chapter XIV)

Winter Pond Habitat 3x3 - 194 pop, 194 culture (chapter 1) 3400 pop, 3400 culture (chapter XIV)

Temple of the Flame 2x2 - 150 culture (chapter 1) 2600 culture(chapter XIV)

Temple of the Frozen Flame 2x2 - 165 culture (chapter 1) 2900 culture (chapter XIV)

Father Glitter Tree 3x3 - 390 culture (chapter 1) 6700 culture (chapter XIV)

Father Tree of Candy Canes 3x3 - 210 pop, 210 culture (Chapter 1) 3700 pop, 3700 culture
(chapter XIV)

Father Frozen Tree 3x3 - 410 culture (chapter 1) 7000 culture (chapter XIV)

Frozen Unicorn 2x1 - 90 culture (chapter 1) 1560 culture (chapter XIV)

Candy Cane Unicorn 2x1 - 98 culture (chapter 1) 1690 culture (chapter XIV)

Winter Deer 2x1 - 83 culture (chapter 1) 1430 culture
(chapter XIV)

Snowy Charming Tree 4x3 - 590 culture (chapter 1) 10200 culture (chapter XIV)

Frozen Flame Blue 2x2 - 165 culture (chapter 1) 2900 culture ((chapter XIV)

Frozen Flame Purple 2x2 - 185 culture (chapter 1) 3100 culture
(chapter XIV)

Frozen Flame Orange 2x2 - 173 culture (chapter 1) 3000 culture(chapter XIV)

Frozen Flame Green 2x2 - 150 culture (chapter 1) 2600 culture (chapter XIV)

Winter Lampions 4x1 - 177 culture (chapter 1) 3100 culture (chapter XIV)

Winter Shrine 2x1 - 79 culture (chapter 1) 1370 culture (chapter XIV)

Winter Forest Shrine 2x1 - 86 culture (chapter 1) 1500 culture(chapter XIV)

Forest Igloo 1x2 - 81 culture (chapter 1) 1460 culture
(chapter XIV)

Forest Tree Stump Magic 2x1 - 81 culture (chapter 1) 1520 culture (chapter XIV)

Edit Marindor: Please don't spoil the surprise for everyone. I have placed your list in Spoiler-tags now :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/

Here is the full listing of daily buildings :)

Daily Event buildings:

Lazy Snowman 3x2 - 250 culture (chapter 1) 1380 culture (Woodelves)

Winter Star 3x3 - 240 pop, 240 culture (chapter 1) 4100 pop, 4100 culture(Woodelves)

Frozen Lake 3x3 - 370 culture (chapter 1) 6400 culture (Woodelves)

Snowball Fight 2x3 - 260 culture (chapter 1) 4500 culture (Woodelves)

Igloo Festival 3x4 - 270 pop, 270 culture (chapter 1) 4700 pop, 4700 culture (Woodelves)

Glacier Garden 5x3 - 350 pop, 350 culture (chapter 1) 6100 pop, 6100 culture (Woodelves)

Lampion Winter Pond 3x3 - 370 culture (chapter 1) 6400 culture (Woodelves)

Winter Pond Habitat 3x3 - 194 pop, 194 culture (chapter 1) 3400 pop, 3400 culture (Woodelves)

Temple of the Flame 2x2 - 150 culture (chapter 1) 2600 culture (Woodelves)

Temple of the Frozen Flame 2x2 - 165 culture (chapter 1) 2900 culture (Woodelves)

Father Glitter Tree 3x3 - 390 culture (chapter 1) 6700 culture (Woodelves)

Father Tree of Candy Canes 3x3 - 210 pop, 210 culture (Chapter 1) 3700 pop, 3700 culture (Woodelves)

Father Frozen Tree 3x3 - 410 culture (chapter 1) 7000 culture (Woodelves)

Frozen Unicorn 2x1 - 90 culture (chapter 1) 1560 culture (Woodelves)

Candy Cane Unicorn 2x1 - 98 culture (chapter 1) 1690 culture (Woodelves)

Winter Deer 2x1 - 83 culture (chapter 1) 1430 culture (Woodelves)

Snowy Charming Tree 4x3 - 590 culture (chapter 1) 10200 culture (Woodelves)

Frozen Flame Blue 2x2 - 165 culture (chapter 1) 2900 culture (Woodelves)

Frozen Flame Purple 2x2 - 185 culture (chapter 1) 3100 culture (Woodelves)

Frozen Flame Orange 2x2 - 173 culture (chapter 1) 3000 culture (Woodelves)

Frozen Flame Green 2x2 - 150 culture (chapter 1) 2600 culture (Woodelves)

Winter Lampions 4x1 - 177 culture (chapter 1) 3100 culture (Woodelves)

Winter Shrine 2x1 - 79 culture (chapter 1) 1370 culture (Woodelves)

Winter Forest Shrine 2x1 - 86 culture (chapter 1) 1500 culture (Woodelves)

Forest Igloo 1x2 - 81 culture (chapter 1) 1460 culture (Woodelves)

Forest Tree Stump Magic 2x1 - 81 culture (chapter 1) 1520 culture (Woodelves)
You've got the culture values wrong, Woodelves are chapter IX, not XIV.
Don't know why the Elvenarchitect goes all the way to XIV, apparently he knows more then we do. :p

DeletedUser1750

Didn't even catch that. But that does mean a new chapter is coming ;)

Buttrflwr

I am sooo confused. I don't understand the boxes, the percentages, etc. I clicked on the +5 box, and I am not sure what I did. HELP. :p

nvm, reading is fundamental. I just found the event rules and explanations. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DeletedUser1721

Another event where the quest requires us to have a Magic Academy to progress on the event.

When is Inno going to actually make the Magic Academy worth the space it takes up, as opposed to trying to make things that penalize people for not wanting to waste 25 squares on a building that gives no ranking points?

At least the Training Grounds, Mercenary Camp, and Barracks all give ranking points. As do the armories. And the builder's hut is small, and the trader is actually useful. The Magic Academy is big, and there are a lot of things that are worth a lot more ranking points that could be built in that space.

DeletedUser1750

Another event where the quest requires us to have a Magic Academy to progress on the event.

That quest is Gain a power of provision, not produce it. You can still find one in a neighborly help chest ;)

DeletedUser1721

That quest is Gain a power of provision, not produce it. You can still find one in a neighborly help chest ;)
Last event that had gain a power of provision, I filed a bug report when I didn't get credit for getting from a help chest and they said this was not a bug.

DeletedUser1681

I've found them every time my city has reloaded, a couple of times when I left my city (after I finished NHing my fellowship and once when I spent KP on the tech tree), and a few seemingly random times as well, usually an hour or so apart. Also the number of snowflakes you get per crystal seems to vary randomly between one and at least three. Has anyone got more than three at once?
Logged in this morning and found 6 crystals, each giving 1 snowflake.

With questlines like this you have to break the routine and not collect everything at log in. Check the quest, collect supplies for example, check next quest, collect resource etc. Otherwise you might notice that you just collcted troops from barracks and the next quest is "train xx troops" ...ooops !

DeletedUser724

I am sooo confused. I don't understand the boxes, the percentages, etc. I clicked on the +5 box, and I am not sure what I did. HELP. :p

nvm, reading is fundamental. I just found the event rules and explanations. :rolleyes:

The % indicate "how many chance you will get this item"
e.g. 10% 90 snowflakes in medium gift box...it mean 1/10 chance to get 90 snowflakes
+5 mean you get and add "5 winter globe" if you open that small gift box

after you have store 250 "winter globe", you can use it to get the 1st grand prize <snow flake mountain>