1. Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Fair Trades: Are they really?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lehayes, Jan 3, 2019.

1. lehayes

lehayes Well-Known Member

I appologize for being absent a couple days. . Soggy, you told me bluntly that you are responsible for this "fair trade" movement. . Now, you've said what you feel is proof. . Please stop continuing to espouse this rhetoric and nothing to support your claims and give me the respect respond to these people in My created thread. . Another reply to a Question directed toward this thread and not you directly will result in you being reported as abusing your privileges here. That being said:
    While I understand your sentiment, I put out a challenge. . Please enjoy the read, but Quit what you are Doing comments are not welcome here. . I wish to hear and respond to all comers.
    Solution, more tnhan normal necessity is/should be in the hands of the mages. . Report to the Arch Mage and let him monitor to warn and expel abusers.
    Honestly, I had two issues, first was no space (research slow down) and someone showed me the space/value argument, second was AWs I wanted. . For two weeks I traded for my small amounts of T1 goods with T2 because I deleted my T1 Manuf and added the AW. . I quickly learned that that is an endless pit and began rebuilding ASAP. . I still don't have them back and I'm not planning on more housing until Dwarves.
    After replying to the same post, I was wrong. Tell Soggy to leave the thread as much as you want. See, just sit back and Watch, Soggy; You might learn something.
    For this you've been reported.

2. Karvest

Karvest Well-Known Member

Stop editing your posts! Please follow common forum practices. If you have something new to say - post it in the new message. No one expects new questions appeared in the post that is already answered. I wouldn't look back through your threads anymore.
    Trader is here for players to exchange their boosted goods. If that exchange is with equal amounts within same tier - it is valuable for both players participating in it and no one is feeding another one. Good FS should have all goods production balanced between it's members, so that nobody would be low on any good without such a mess like you suggest:
    That is completely wrong!
    Boosted :crystal: player POSTS: (Offer: 400 :crystal: • Demand: 400 :silk:)
    Boosted :silk: player TAKES this offer.
    BOTH of them have equal profit.
    While in your case there would be some 3d player, that would take both offers and get 1200 of both goods for free.

EdwardTrunk and SoggyShorts like this.
  3. lehayes

I applaud you for giving Soggy Props. But, I feel that, while those links got implemented, they do not advance his case to devalue our currency.
    I believe I've replied about two of them, maybe three, if not i'll get to the last one. But from the first two, you are not in the running for my Gems.
    What the rest of the world can't seem to get into your mind is: The cost of Making Money, is irrelevant. You must make the goods and they have a fixed and consistent value to one another regardless of all other factors. Maybe, look at it this way:
    You have nothing you beg borrow and steal to buy this factory. You start production ASAP. You're making little things that aren't worth much. But ,you can sell it for what you need. You're making enough after a year that you can make a second. With the two, you make 2 more factories the next year. Then your making a while and you;ve got a surplus...
    Now don't tell me you didn't build enough BT1 (boosted T1) Manuf's to have a surplus...
    Then you get another Idea. You take all those surplus goods to market and buy a different Factory that builds better goods. Do you see where I'm going?
    I think you do.
    Ok, so you've got these Three types of factories. The world values them one way and you tell the world that's not "FAIR" I use less space/resources/KP/whatever to make these factories to make my expensive goods factories as my cheap goods factories, It's not Fair!
    Guess what the world's going to say?
    Do you see how the value of the goods you've produced has nothing to do with the cost of creating the Manufactories it takes to make them?
    That's just the cost/space/anything it takes to build it. What it produces is a fixed value of your goods?

4. lehayes

Communication is tricky. Let's look at this deeper (below).
    :crystal: player offers 400 :crystal: for 1600 :silk:
    :crystal: player -400 :crystal:, + 1600 :silk:, (accepting counter offer): +400 :silk:, - 1600 :crystal:
    :silk: player offers 400 :silk:, the proper counter offer: equal value to 400 :crystal: in (preferably) the good the original trader asking desires. . Though any good of equal value to the original "offer" will do in a pinch.
    :silk: player +400 :crystal:, -1600 :silk:, 2nd offer: -400 :silk:, +1600 :crystal:
    both players 2000.Good 2000 Goods, with trades no one else would accept. what's not 1:1?
    The beauty is, to help a fellow up, just don't offer the responsive trades. And should anyone ever short you. Never trade with them; and in my case the Righteous Traders Guild, if it's a fellow or higher, report them to me for discipline. . I have 2 players, they run the Guild.
    The best advice I can give is: Drop the Dead Weight and look for non Jaded players. But I fear, if Soggy has his way no one will be unaffected by his lies.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  5. Karvest

That's not the cost of creating, but cost of upkeeping. And if that cost is bigger than income from selling production - prices go up in real world.
    And it actually goes up in elvenar too, since no one accepts 1:4:16 trades if he can do math.

SoggyShorts likes this.
  6. lehayes

Good on ya,
    Heymrdiedier

7. lehayes

I disagree. 4:1 is the monetary relationship. It takes nothing into account, it's what your given to use.
    fellowships, as I see them, are to improve each other.
    nothing else matters.

How can you justify anything else? All I've heard is complaining. If you can't do better at proofs, this is over before it starts.

8. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Well-Known Member

9. RandomNo.

RandomNo. Member

I have one question

Is anyone forced to make trades they don't want in the current system? If everyone has free choice, why are we even having this debate here?

10. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Well-Known Member

Same reason as always: people who don't understand get mad if you don't take their terrible unfair trades.
    Lehayes and I were actually discussing the possibility of her/him joining my FS when the subject came up.
    On US forums this week a player and I figured out we would not be a good fit because they require cross-tier trades to function.

Also, many of us are annoyed by having to sift through pages and pages of crap trades.

maxiqbert likes this.
  11. maxiqbert

maxiqbert Well-Known Member

if you hear complaining when there is explanation, I know why you don't understand our points
    All i read is you complaining, because you clearly don't understand.

12. Karvest

This is not beauty, this is just decline of neighbor trading and forcing FS members to post mirror trades / waste time on waiting for other members to take that mirror trades instead of just picking what they need and posting new ones if they need more than already on the market.
    + there will be issues with tracking of symmetry of these trades, leading to dissension in the FS...

maxiqbert and SoggyShorts like this.