• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fair Trades: Are they really?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2579
  • Start date

SoggyShorts

@Mykan for chapter 4 I know I have to build 3 wonders that take tier 3 goods plus the research. This makes Chapter 4 heavy in tier 3 goods.
There's only 2 wonders per chapter.
For chapter 5 I have to upgrade the tome of secrets and golden abyss which takes tier 1 to upgrade. I’m guessing that Chapter 5 because of wonders will end up being Tier 1 heavy.
Wonder levels are not related to the chapter you are in. You can have a level 30 wonder in chapter 4 or a level 2 wonder in chapter 14.
Example my gems currently has me at 100 days to have enough but my research will only take 42 days to gain the kps naturally. I can cross trade my planks to lower that 100 days to 42 days.
It is about 17x better to just replace one of your non-boosted T1 with another boosted T3

DeletedUser

Yes I changed it to 2 afterwards, was on a 3 kick. I'm not building an ugly city with repeating stuff, there is actually a reason I have built my city the way I have. But ya'll are so stuck on gold and cost you would never understand. My current culture is 1777 go to the player list and find another player that has 22 factories and lower culture than me.

SoggyShorts

My current culture is 1777 go to the player list and find another player that has 22 factories and lower culture than me.
I don't get it, is this an accomplishment? How? What's impressive about it?
What could it possibly have to do with a thread about fair trades?

SoggyShorts

I'm not building an ugly city with repeating stuff, there is actually a reason I have built my city the way I have. But ya'll are so stuck on gold and cost you would never understand.
And this is why you fail so often on the forums.:rolleyes:

Building a pretty city is 100% acceptable, but you can't also claim that it is efficient, because it is not.
No one is ever going to try and give advice on what is the best way to build a pretty city as beauty is too subjective.

Discussions about whether an efficient strategy leads to a pretty city or not has no place in a thread about the fairness of trades, move that to the lounge section.= of the forum.

DeletedUser

Like I said you guys are so stuck on cost you may not even really understand this game.

SoggyShorts

Like I said you guys are so stuck on cost you may not even really understand this game.
What's to get? It's a city design game.

That means it's about math and beauty.
Beauty is really hard to define, so we don't try, that is left up to the individual.
Math is universal and can show the most efficient way to reach a goal, so that's what we discuss.

So what don't we understand?

DeletedUser

There is strategy in my build, that takes math into account. You just don’t see it because, well you’re so stuck on cost.

The new phoenix buildings helps both with my boosted and non-boosted. My city is plenty efficient and I won’t be deleting a bunch of factories later or adding a bunch of workshops for points or events. There will be a point, that I will make more goods than what you’re making with my city build. If you remain with 1 factory.

Go find another Chapter 3 city with 22 factories and 1777 in culture and 2 wonders. I could even delete some houses but I don’t want to be wasteful. 4 Level 15 residences ( and eight level 7 residences) is enough to have 25 factories, which I will have before I finish chapter 3. Party at soleil’s kingdom!

Karvest

Go find another Chapter 3 city with 22 factories and 1777 in culture and 2 wonders. I could even delete some houses but I don’t want to be wasteful. 4 Level 15 residences ( and eight level 7 residences) is enough to have 25 factories, which I will have before I finish chapter 3. Party at soleil’s kingdom!
do it the hard way, standing up in a hammock (c)

DeletedUser

To tie this in with cross trading… if we both have one max factory and I have 11 more at different levels, I will make more than you with your one. No need to use elven architect for that. I will always have more original boosted than non-boosted.

I will also trade those planks as straight and cross trades. Cross trades do not bother me at all. Now that I finally understand them.

Many have said go post what you need, people do, then you complain they are posting cross trades. Maybe if you guys posted cross trades that were accessible for those who want them you wouldn’t see them in the trader window. I’m too small to help most who want them but if I see them, I’ll try to post some little ones that maybe they can reach, vs me taking on a huge trader fee. Do you know your goods need for the next chapter? Figure it out and do some cross trades for the goods you’re not using right now. Right now for me, it’s planks. Scrolls and magic dust I still need.

My city is very efficient, and it actually looks like a thriving city. I still trade if I need to. But with that storm phoenix, who knows I may not need to and can use my boosted goods on the reactivation spells.

I’m not going to tell you my strategy, I’ve already mentioned it once and you argued with me, one day you might figure it out. But there is more strategy to this game then getting to a new chapter and maxing out factories, anyone can do that. What I’m doing is more complicated and fun and I have tons of factories.

SoggyShorts

if we both have one max factory and I have 11 more at different levels, I will make more than you with your one
I think you might be forgetting that I get 90% of my production from set buildings. (which you won't even have room for with your non-boosted in the way)
The challenge stands: Show me a city design that produces more than mine.
My city is very efficient,
No, it's not.
Here's a city that is roughly 100% more efficient https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/3bc503170ccb4fd1bc6410a4bfc90c99/
And doesn't rely on cross-tier trading at all.
I’m not going to tell you my strategy, I’ve already mentioned it once and you argued with me, one day you might figure it out.
LoL
"My plan is better than yours, but I'm not going to tell you or prove it."
Sure it is.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I think you might be forgetting that I get 90% of my production from set buildings. (which you won't even have room for with your non-boosted in the way)
exactly how many expansions do you think I have left for chapter 3?
Let's see 3 from research still and all the ones I have yet to get from the map maybe 5? 8 total expansions before I get to chapter 4.
My factories are leveled in a way that I can fit this in as well as event buildings. I am already done with what I need for planks. And have been for a good week.

If you don't know your next chapter's research needs then you'll end up waiting in that chapter and shoot from the hip. I'm already pre-planning for chapter 4. It's not relying on cross-trades. I'm not using my planks for anything right now, I have enough for research and I still need scrolls and magic dust, which are my boosted goods. While I'm waiting on getting enough of those, my city is producing all of the goods. And will produce enough before I finish chapter 3 research. Why I don't need marble, steel, crystal or silk anymore. Looking ahead to chapter 4, it's super heavy in tier 3 goods.

Because you argue too much soggy, and can never see beyond what you think is right.

SoggyShorts

Because you argue too much soggy, and can never see beyond what you think is right.
Pot : Kettle?

Seriously open your mind to the possibility that others have knowledge gained from experience that you don't have.

City efficiency can easily be improved by asking 1 simple question:
"What are you waiting for?"

Are you unable to complete the next tech because you need more coins? Supplies? KP? "What are you waiting for?"
Whatever you are waiting for is what your city needs more of to improve efficiency. (obviously).
If it's goods, then your factory output needs to improve.
If it's KP then your ability to buy or earn(tournament) needs to improve.
This is why the city I posted above is more efficient than yours: It makes more of everything. and uses less space-the very definition of efficiency.

So, right now, at this very moment, "What are you waiting for?"

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I’m not arguing with you that someone with 6 level 10 planks factories will out produce what I have. But the point is why do I need to over produce. I have everything I need plus a great looking city. I think I have 9 event buildings as well. Haven’t counted it recently.

@Karvest, yes tournaments are a huge drain on your resources and kind of why I’m not going to do them right now. I feel like a dog chasing my tail with them. While I need relics, the cost per relic is 2 or 3x’s higher in a tournament than my map and I’m pretty patient. Plus I’ll have the Endless excavation for a few extra relics when I trek to chapter 4.

Total the amount of kps you need for your research divide by what you can gain naturally, for me it’s 25kps a day with my tome of secrets. That is the day I shoot for with goods production.

400 kps/25 is 16 days to gain kps naturally. I base my trading on that. I know what I can make in production each with all of my factories per day and how much I need in goods for my research and building needs are. If it’s greater than 16 days then I trade to get it to 16 days or under 16 days.

I haven’t added the kps for wonders because I’m not sure how many kp instants I will get, so I base it on something that is more concrete, that’s natural kp generation for research. Upgrading wonders and kps needed for that is time spent for gathering goods to use to negotiate the map or use for chapter 4.

The levels of my factory are very specific as well. There is a reason I have them at particular levels.

I'm a super patient player. I don't need to race through chapters or skip leveling my wonders. That's not efficient, you're losing supplies, relics and strength in units by not taking your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

, the cost per relic is 2 or 3x’s higher in a tournament than my map
I don't believe this.
. I don't need to race through chapters or skip leveling my wonders. That's not efficient, you're losing supplies, relics and strength in units by not taking your time.
I'm starting to think you don't know what the word efficient even means.:rolleyes:
The levels of my factory are very specific as well. There is a reason I have them at particular levels.
I bet that reason isn't efficiency.