• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 0.14

Elderflower

I just cleared my cache and cookies again and this time it worked. I can get into the game and so far it seems to be working normally.

Elderflower

An update to my experience of the Server Error problem. I have to clear cache etc every time I want to log in again. The game works fine but as soon as I log out, if I want to log in again I get Server Error as before until I clear cache.
I've just discovered that this only occurs with Firefox. I have switched to Chrome and the problem seems to have disappeared.
So today, for me, the Server Error problem no longer exists.

Last edited:

DeletedUser607

so far, no direct answer in my new thread in the bug-section.

I wonder what was wrong with my old thread in the bug-section (text-error, as an olter thread with a similar but not identical problem was answered by you and moved over from the bug-section to text-error by muf-muf, where I then didn't get a further answer to my posting).

or do you really want me to write a supportticket?

which leads to the question why I can't get an answer in the forum.

I just kindly ask for a simple answer, I hope that isn't too much. which level is necessary for a workshop that should be above lvl 5. it's really nothing more, and I request an answer for close to 3 days now.

DeletedUser594

That 64% server error seems like nobody at inno has got the answer to it!!
I've noticed a hickup at 64 % when booting into FOE, but it continues!!
Elvenar's boot menu is still the same, namely a mess! All we get is excuses
and trying to blame players computers etc...
By the way, this is my last post about it! Only will mention it again when
it is actually fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you than....maybe...:rolleyes:

Marindor

trying to blame players computers etc...

Just to be clear here: We're not "trying to blame" anything or anyone, we're asking for additional info to be able to find any common factors that would trigger the issue, in order to get it fixed accurately and as soon as possible. Please don't get offended when we ask you to provide us with additional information on bugs, for we do that to help the development team as good as possible so bugs can be fixed more quickly. It's not about "blaming" anyone.

DeletedUser

An update to my experience of the Server Error problem. I have to clear cache etc every time I want to log in again. The game works fine but as soon as I log out, if I want to log in again I get Server Error as before until I clear cache.
I've just discovered that this only occurs with Firefox. I have switched to Chrome and the problem seems to have disappeared.
So today, for me, the Server Error problem no longer exists.
Hi, in my system (w7 64) happens with chrome, waterfox and iexplorer,flash and browsers all last versions as today. i'm really tired about that!
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser205

"Declining quests with a double click resulted in an internal error, which has now been fixed"

Today I had a clickmarathon in the Sidequests to get supplies for collecting goods.
Doing this on my iPad with Browser Puffin (integrated Flash) before the update this brought very often internal error.
This seems to be fixed indeed, thank you! :)

Btw: that this bug was categorised high enough to been fixed now is a hint for me, that declining sidequests to my favour is not to exploid them.

DeletedUser

Hi, in my system (w7 64) happens with chrome, waterfox and iexplorer,flash and browsers all last versions as today. i'm really tired about that!
Thanks

Used to have problems as wel with Chrome (before in another game) and got told that I had to upgrade Java.
It's working much better that way.

Marindor

Used to have problems as wel with Chrome (before in another game) and got told that I had to upgrade Java.
It's working much better that way.

Thank you for sharing this, that might be relevant here. For all players with these issues: Could you try this as well and let us know if this worked?

DeletedUser205

No, my Java is on newest Upgrade and that is not the solution.
I made the experience, that changing browser helped for some trys to get online.
That is making the impression, that the problem is conected to a special browser. But that is wrong, after some successes in getting online it starts to stuck again.

Btw: on ipad with puffin (integrated flash) there is no way to manipulate java and great chance to stuck at 64%.

My personal solution these days is, to start the game by clicking on the link in the forum.
That mostly works after stucking on 64%, no matter which browser I actually use.
Till this hour ...

(I'm on glasfaser-directline, never under 50 Mbps, with professional Equipment to do videocuts and loads of up- and downloads for professional tasks every day for my homeoffice-jobs on my computers without any problems.
And before you ask: no, I don't do these downloads while I try to get on in elvenar - gametimes and workingtimes are seperate.
The 64%-stucking problem happens on both worlds, iPad and Homeoffice-Bolide)

DeletedUser

That is such a nuisance. I'm having no problems today at all. Even Firefox is loading fine without having to clear the cache.
As you must know is my problem and some others, then please try to be constructive, your reply don't serve at all, if the work for you, i'm happy, but don't work for me and other, and is not my computer, i play other game from innogames(foe) without any problem at all, something is wrong either in game or servers!
About java, i got also last version, and it don't help at all!, also, game need or use java?

Marindor

Thank you for sharing this @sorella . What you describe here is indeed what makes it hard to track the exact cause: The problems affect all different kinds of browsers, internet speeds, flash versions... And now the Java version (with your and Marcelg's reply) don't seem to be where things go wrong either...

Please keep helping us by sharing these kinds of experiences though, for it might just lead us to the right path on finding the actual cause here. Our development team is still working with priority on these issues so all help is welcome!

DeletedUser867

I get through about 20% of the time, no matter which method I'm using.

There are 4 patterns that I've observed
  • The bar runs to 64% and stalls
  • The bar gets Server Error somewhere around 50% and stalls.
  • The bar flickers with Server Error somewhere around 50%, and then goes to completion
  • The bar goes to completion, sometimes with a slight hesitation at 64%
If your connection is unstable or slow, it may cause problems with loading.
Should that happen, the game will redirect you to the homepage,
so that you can initiate the loading process again.
  • It NEVER redirects to the homepage.
We have a new sign-in page that has room for multiple worlds, and that's a VERY strong indicator that InnoGames is upgrading their Server Farm configuration.

I'm not saying what the problem IS, but the symptoms are certainly consistent with a front end computer that's distributing sessions to any one of several arrayed computers/processors, in order to balance the load. This is a recently open Beta Server, which I'm assuming is somewhere in Europe while I'm in Seattle, so there are some significant time delays and the handoff process is notoriously fussy about timing.

http://www.pearsonitcertification.com/articles/article.aspx?p=440288&seqNum=7
discusses these types of options in great detail, and if it LOOKS and acts like a Puma, it's probably a Puma.

DeletedUser

As you must know is my problem, then please try to be cronstructive, your reply don't serve at all, if the work for you, i'm happy, but don't work for me and other, and is not my computer, i play other game from innogames(foe) without any problem at all, something is wrong either in game or servers!
About java, i got also last version, and it don't help at all!

I use the latest firefox and have no problem loading the game since they patched a fix for the 64% loading issue so it can be something different about your computer from mine. Its apparent they can't nail what is causing it down or it be fixed, so they need help figuring it out.

I also haven't cleared any caches since 2 patches ago. (only clear flash's 2 caches if i have a problem with a flash game and very rarly ever clear my browser cache).

DeletedUser205

@Katwijk really very good summarized!

And your conclusion is on the same path mine is.

@Marindor since yesterday late afternoon (around 12 hours now) I was able to get into the game without any problems.
Perhaps somebody in the devteam found the screw? I didn't empty caches or had to fiddle with several different browsers.
It just started as it should.
Nice :) I will keep you updated if things get wrong again.

A little BUT: the performence went clearly down, for example when going to polish neighbors

DeletedUser

Hi, seems that they have fixed the session end error even playing message, i have been played nearly one hour without any disconnection.
I hope it last, will be great!
Thanks