• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] New Questline: The Contest

DeletedUser1482

i'm also on quest 12 and scouting 3 provinces waou!! it 'll take one week for me :D

This contest is for new players: too many scoutings :mad:

And for those who have not build academy the spells is too much !

DeletedUser1126

I'm on quest 10/17. Waiting for the spell production to finish. 13 or so hours each. 23h left as of right now.
You'd have to be a whole lot more glued to the game than what you are, as a casual, to even have a chance of finishing this. I have no hopes. The disappointment will be non-existent.

DeletedUser1655

Hi@all....
is a joke, or?
scout 3 provices or produce Spell PoP 3 Times....
I need to Scout a Provice 2 Days...hmmmm.....3x2 Days=6 Days...and the Contest runs from now 4 Days...hurra,

DeletedUser1345

Ah well, this is the beta. The whole thing seems very experimental. What if, for example, a player does not like the provision spell, but prefers other spells instead, so why not just create a spell. It is kind of like the missing neighbors. In the US server, my neighborhood did not become a wasteland. There is a learning curve. If a vast majority of players do not get through, no doubt it will be determined how far the questline should go, and what form it could take. My guess is if something like this appears, it will not be as onerous.

DeletedUser651

This contest isn't geared toward the advanced player, in fact, it is geared against an advanced player. You can't scout 3 provinces in 9 days when it takes 3 days 7 hours to scout one province. You can't upgrade 4 buildings when all your buildings are already upgraded.

A lot of the long term players have purchased a lot of diamonds and are the kind of players who would likely purchase more diamonds. I don't think that some of those players will be happy to see a new feature that they can't do. The last time we added a new feature that put loyal players at a disadvantage (the wonders), we lost some of the biggest spending customers. They felt disrespected and unappreciated. They didn't get retroactive runes for all the provinces they had scouted and that harmed their game in relation to the newer players. The dev team works hard to produce new content and it gets released and it actually loses big spending customers because they didn't do anything to be loyal to the folks that have been here all along.

It seems to me, that a little eye towards customer satisfaction and well...just making things fair....would go a long way to Inno's bottom line. If players felt that Inno was loyal to them, they would be loyal to Inno. If people feel disrespected by Inno, they will disrespect Inno. I think Inno has as low an approval rating as the US Congress and it really doesn't have to be that way.

Wouldn't it be better if the contest quests were different dependent upon what level you are on? Then instead of a "feature" that brings discontent, it would be a feature that people felt good about? I mean, shouldn't a feature be a feature?

And until you have a phone app, it seems a bit unwise to have so many game features that are dependent on constant game participation. Otherwise, you are going to block out customers with jobs....and those people have money.

DeletedUser1278

This is just one more way to buy souls and build mickeys acedemy.
well to bad it aint triggering me for a louzy 8 ruins.

I will do it the way they dont like.
for me its not inno,s way or the high way. it will be my way and its the only road i have ever walked on
Dont care what you put in the way if i dont want it i dont do it.

maybe in future when we get a pluto magic acedemy they can play cards together.
Why do they want to push that building in our face to make money when someone misclicks thats the only reason

DeletedUser118

Well, making Quests for more levels would mean many more quests to be added. That takes alot of time. Plus we have the problem that on the map ppl are further than others, same goes for other things. Its hard to get all underneath one umbrella so to speak. But that doesn't mean that this questline cannot be made any better. You should see it more as a suggestion what these questlines could look like. Of course it still needs improvements but as a Beta that's what we are here for, to show them what could be done better next time.

About the MA, I think there's no way to get around building that building. They don't wanna change it and that's it. So you have to make the best out of it or you will miss many parts of the game.

DeletedUser651

Well, making Quests for more levels would mean many more quests to be added. That takes alot of time.

All the regular declinable and storyline quests are different for people on different levels. So, they do that already.

But, I would agree, that there are lots of other ways to make this contest possible to all by tweaking the quests. That was only one suggestion. You could just have quests that any of us can do.

Of course it still needs improvements but as a Beta that's what we are here for, to show them what could be done better

Exactly. That is why I am saying something.

DeletedUser1250

I liked number 15. I like number 16 and 17 too. Finishing this contest in time is possible without diamonds, but it is a challenge and it requires a lot, but the reward is good.

About number 16
You don't need 4 buildings. You don't have to upgrade 4 buildings to level 5, that isn't what the quest says or needs.

The quest asks you to do 4 building upgrades to level 5 and higher. It doesn't say 4 upgrades with different buildings.
I just tested it, upgrading one building again after reaching level 5 and that counted.
So one building is enough if you want. You can prepare this one, build one residence or armory or another building of your choice to level 4 before you get this quest. You can already start the upgrading to level 5 when you are doing quest number 15, but make sure you will finish quest number 15 before your upgrade to level 5 is ready.
When you get this quest number 16, level it up to 5. That is one building upgrade to 5 or higher. Then level it up to 6, that is building upgrade number two to level 5 or higher. Then level it up to level 7, that is building upgrade number 3 and level it up to level 8, that is building upgrade 4 and it will complete the quest.

Of course you can choose to level up 4 buildings from 4 to 5, or 2 buildings from 4 to 5 to 6, any combination is possible, upgrading something to level 5, another to level 15 and such will work too.

I do have a question about quest number 12. That quest asks you to make 3 spells OR scout 3 provences. Of course I wanted to make spells, because scouting 3 provences would take 10 days. I made a spell BEFORE my scout would be ready, but what would happen if my scout would be ready before finishing the spell production? Would it not be possible anymore to create the spell 3 times, because the system would see the scout as my choice because that one finished first? I already know a combination doesn't work. But is it possible to scout 1 time and then produce the spell 3 times? Or won't the spells count then?

DeletedUser1657

I have a new town on beta and I would not say the quests are geared for new towns. I am hoping I can finish on time but it will be a close call. Trying to finish the 14th quest and will be interesting to see what the next few quests require.

Lissona

If we did not finish the research for Tome of Secrets and Golden Abyss in the tech tree - do we still get the runes when completing the quest line?

Just finished The Contest - I did get runes for Prosperity Tower and Mountain Halls, because I haven't researched Tome/Abysss in the tech tree.

DeletedUser

All the above problems could be alleviated if the process wasn't so dictatorial. Do this, do that, you must do this, and you must do it in such and such an order...and you may not know what's ahead. In fact, you can follow along all the way to the end and then find the Quest is impossible for you and you've wasted all your time and effort. Heck, this is supposed to be a relief from real life - not an exercise in frustration.

Instead, offer a list of Quests - each with associated points. Within the allotted time, we have to make x number of points. We could choose which tasks are possible for us, and which aren't. This would make it feasible for cities of all sizes.

And, this method would allow smaller cities to have a lower point goal / reward than larger cities. Or, it could have a sliding scale of rewards based on point achievement.

Brummbaer

Hello friends.

Why are you shouting on INNO?
I think, it was a good idea to do something additional during playing the game.
It is possible to solve all quests in the given time.
(The only think: it is necessary to have the Magical Academy. Now there is the function everybody called for. If the created spells are actual useful or not, that's out of scope and it's up to you take part on this contest or not.)

From my point of view: INNO is collecting our feedback and hopefully rearrange such kind of contests in the future.

The only thing I have additional invested during the content is some relics to create the spells, so it is not a "negative trade" for me. For all without a M.A.; that's life: "If you have no car you can't drive but you can use another way to reach the goal."

Greetings Brummbaer

DeletedUser1126

In addition to what Anne65 asked, I'd like to know if it's possible to combine scout WITH spell production (quest 12). Currently it takes me 16h (or more) to scout 1 province. It takes 13 hours to produce 1 spell. 48 hours vs 39 hours. 84 hours left, but I doubt that will be enough.

This is absurd!

DeletedUser1278

Hello friends.

Why are you shouting on INNO?
I think, it was a good idea to do something additional during playing the game.
It is possible to solve all quests in the given time.
(The only think: it is necessary to have the Magical Academy. Now there is the function everybody called for. If the created spells are actual useful or not, that's out of scope and it's up to you take part on this contest or not.)

From my point of view: INNO is collecting our feedback and hopefully rearrange such kind of contests in the future.

The only thing I have additional invested during the content is some relics to create the spells, so it is not a "negative trade" for me. For all without a M.A.; that's life: "If you have no car you can't drive but you can use another way to reach the goal."

Greetings Brummbaer

Im shouting at inno because this is one more way to make people build the mickeys magical building.
Thats the hole idea behind this
And the shitty part of it if you dont build it you cant do it
Again they push players to the way they want

well im a rebel still you cant make me ill do it my way

DeletedUser

I don't like magic academy. How possible tell to the game leaders forget that building? If they all time force build that building, who are offensive the game leaders or the players?
The game designer told at innoGames TV, magic academy will be more useful. No serious change, but they keep can not be refused quest to make it, and now made this contest. I'm call this narcissist leadership.