• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] New Questline: The Contest

DeletedUser118

@Philplessis In a way that makes sense, but right now it seems kind of unfair. After all, when we old-timers all discovered and finished our provinces, we didn't have those wonders yet and therefore didn't get any runes either. So basically the newbies have a better chance at getting those wonders already.
And yea, we do have the tournaments, which are easier for us, but it's not like they're a rune-giving miracle. I would like it if the Contest was doable for everybody.

Well, once it shows that ppl are accepting these kinds of questlines, they add a few more, maybe one for each chapter of the tech tree? That would be nice I'd say. :)

CrazyWizard

awesome!

Can we get these on the normal servers as well, or will this be beta only?

Last edited:
Can we get these on the normal servers as well, or mwill this be beta only?
Beta is always a bit early when it comes to new features ( :cool: ) - which is kind of the point of Beta. Of course this will go to the Live servers too, but shh, don't tell 'em! Soon they will find out, hehe. ;)

Brummbaer

Let's have a look, if it is possible to solve the 17 Part Questline within the given time, when the scouting time is over 3 days long

DeletedUser

I second what @Katzenprinz assumed
these quests are targeting those players who just successfully researched the tome and the abyss (middle of chapter II) :)
those same players that have shorter scouting times, and so on ...

Why would early players need distracting Quest game lines?

I'd like to see the list published, so players know what they're getting into. It will create more ill will than good if players start only to find that their efforts were wasted because they can't meet one of the requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1075

Contest quest 6 requires the MA to produce a spell. (There may be others as well, but I only know of that one so far).

For those of you who haven't build the MA yet, will the promise of a decent chunk of runes and other goodies from these contests be enough to get you to build it?

DeletedUser1075

ROFL. Bobby, I knew you would have something to say about this one.

I am still hoping that they have something else coming for the MA. Like a spell to reduce the scouting time significantly. Because you're right, building this so I can complete contest quests kinda sticks in my craw. There should be a reason for a building beyond quest completion.

I want a spell to reduce scouting time significantly, so that I can feel better about the MA building in Elvenar. HINT HINT. Muf Muf, Goryn, can you pass that along please? ;)

edit by Goryn. Removed quoted part.

DeletedUser651

Look..it would be one thing if the magic academy helped people with their ranking goals, but it actually harms them. So that's what I don't understand and what makes me so frustrated. I don't want to be harmed. I feel like an abused spouse. Either I accept the punch in the face or I lose out on all kinds of good things. I don't like being treated like that. I know it is just a game, but still, the concept isn't any different and it really bothers me on a visceral level.

DeletedUser1653

Can somebody post the list of what all the 17 quests are so we can know up front what needs to be done and plan ahead where ever possible?

DeletedUser1549

jeje we can't do this because all the bugs that are around atm, i can't make troops or spells, fix the bugs, then maybe give us the quest!

CrazyWizard

Oh great Q6, you need MA, keep the $&#$&%@ quest, just in case you never noticed, we don´t want to build it.

Whats this?, because you finally noticed it's impossible to make that thing being worthwhile to build spellwise?, the next thing is to create quests with a limited time table that you really want to do, and then tell people well you need to build it first?
This is your way to make the academy "worthy"?

We were promised a solution, so what is this solution? uning a 30 tons shovel to shovel that buildding trough our throats?

Fix that stupid building first, we came up with a perfect solution, just shrink that building so it would not be that big anymore.
We tried to come up with spells that would make it worthy to be this big, (understand those go to far so get back to shrinking the building to a 2x2 portal to the academy)

Noooo they said, lets use quests to shovel it trough there throats, extremly unimpressed.

Either change the quest to "use a power of provision spell" of fix the adademy first!

Edit by Goryn. Removed inappropriate language.

Jixel

Once again, the difference between temporary and permanent seems to have eluded the developers :
For a temporary gain (some rune shards, which may or may not break, and some KP), you have a
permanent loss of 5x5 space for the Magic Academy.

I built an MA in one of my 4 cities, and guess what ? It just sits there, taking up 5x5 space. I guess it'll be useful when this quest gets rolled out to the live servers, and that's it ... nothing in the spells we have seen so far compels me to build the MA in the other 3 cities. Nothing to boost troops attack or defence, nothing to reduce scouting times, nothing that applies to multiple buildings at a time, and the spells we have have such awkward durations as to make it hard to decide when to use them, if at all ...

So I guess this contest will end for me and many others at the 6th quest ...

Please, Inno, look at the stats in the game and figure it out - there are still many players who are not interested in the MA as a permanent part of their city. Just make it deletable ! (and the barracks, while you're at it ... )

DeletedUser1278

HAHA is this the best spell you can think of inno
Making a quest to shovel the M.A in our trooth what a joke..
Tell me for what to use this mickey mouse building getting free spels every day and still dont use them.

TIMON promised to make spells that is worth our while his promise is gone to a place where the sun is not shining.
im still not builiding it only for 8 relics what i can have for a few kp.
INNO your still missing the nail with your big hammer .
You made a mistake with the M.A building. first you put it in and we can choose to build it then you see many dont want it and think...
Ohh my god we let a developer work on it for months and its useles lets change it and all must build it with a few quests.....
OHH dannn its stil not working lets promise them a good spell ((((EEHHHH what good spel lets ask them gnagna gna)) oh thats a good spel and that and that ehhh no we dont do that lets do something dumb again let them have 20 kp in stock not 10..........
yes yes a few build it again butt stil not all damn we want more diamonds from the upgrades to pay our developer. ehem ehm what now

lets shovel them a quest on there monitor and see if we can bring in a few more souls and get diamonds if ther dumb enough to upgrade it.

stop pulling jokes on our sides many dont want it its to big of a building what is useles maybe if it gives 3000 xp that will work more and not if its upgraded with diamonds only the building ..

think about it timon its your name that told us you will make better spels you want to be a LIAR

DeletedUser1278

Time for this far
Quest 1 .2.3.4. 1 hour
Quest 5 scout a province arround 3 days or more big players
Quest 6 produce spel 13 hour if you have mickeys academy
Quest 7 produce advanced tools 10 times 3 hour if you have 10 workshops lets say we have 8 ((6 hour))
Quest 8 Complete 2 provinces or spend 20 kp say 10 hours if not buying
Quest 9 produce 6 wooden figurins (steel marble) 3 hours production
Quest 10 spend 20 kp again ??? 10 hours or buy
Quest 11 produce power of provision 2 times 26 hours
Quest 12 scout 3 provinces or make 3 power of provision spels 39 hours
Quest 13 workshop 40 times 15 mnutes so lets say 1 hour
Quest 14 produce 6 (steel wood marble)24 hours production
Quest 15 produce 100 beverages 1 hour
Quest 16 uprade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher Tier 1 wood steel marble lets say max 3 hour
Quest 17 make 700 troops say 6 hours

time used on big players account 1 hour + 72 hour +13 hour + 3 hour if you have 10 workshops + say 10 hour +3 hour = say 10 our +26 hour + 39 hour
makes 213 hour for now from 240 hour

looks to me all levels can make this quest only count the hours.
without the mickeys acedemy its no way to make this quest and they now that.((((( so im right with that point just another way to push us to get it and after reading in the list i see people actuelly build it fo this quest )) First of all nowbody now if this a onetime quest to win souls or it will continue with more..
Butt for 8 rune stones for me its useless ill steal them
Stil i say if i want magic ill go to disney world and see mickey and his friends

DeletedUser1126

Glad to see that the less wanted quests from Forge of Empires are now invading Elvenar. Especially the ones that come with no other alternative. Scouting provinces (15h for me) is by far the most joyful thing to wait for.

Not...

You know, I stopped doing all sorts of Events on FoE because of these stupid scout and research quests. If Elvenar is heading the same way please tell me now so that I can put my focus elsewhere.