• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] New Questline: The Contest

DeletedUser1278

Time for this far
Quest 1 .2.3.4. 1 hour
Quest 5 scout a province arround 3 days or more big players
Quest 6 produce spel 13 hour if you have mickeys academy
Quest 7 produce advanced tools 10 times 3 hour if you have 10 workshops lets say we have 8 ((6 hour))
Quest 8 Complete 2 provinces or spend 20 kp say 10 hours if not buying
Quest 9 produce 6 wooden figurins (steel marble) 3 hours production
Quest 10 spend 20 kp again ??? 10 hours or buy
Quest 11 produce power of provision 2 times 26 hours
Quest 12 scout 3 provinces or make 3 power of provision spels 39 hours
Quest 13 workshop 40 times 15 mnutes so lets say 1 hour
Quest 14 produce 6 (steel wood marble)24 hours production
Quest 15 produce 100 beverages 1 hour
Quest 16 uprade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher Tier 1 wood steel marble lets say max 3 hour
Quest 17 make 700 troops say 6 hours

time used on big players account 1 hour + 72 hour +13 hour + 3 hour if you have 10 workshops + say 10 hour +3 hour = say 10 our +26 hour + 39 hour
makes 213 hour for now from 240 hour

looks to me all levels can make this quest only count the hours.
without the mickeys acedemy its no way to make this quest and they now that.((((( so im right with that point just another way to push us to get it and after reading in the list i see people actuelly build it fo this quest )) First of all nowbody now if this a onetime quest to win souls or it will continue with more..
Butt for 8 rune stones for me its useless ill steal them
Stil i say if i want magic ill go to disney world and see mickey and his friends

DeletedUser867

those of us who are not into this way of thinking don't really care about such things nor do they bother in trying to think about it that way
  1. The important concept is that the engineers and developers will never get ANY project past 90% perfect.
    They're good at managing change, but they don't know when to quit.
  2. Once all of the big things work, you have to freeze the "improvements" and take the module away from the engineers and developers.
  3. You need an operational mentality for that final 10%, because the engineers/developers will keep "improving" things forever.
  4. Just fix the little things that still need to be fixed. Please and Thank You.
Think of it as theater.
  • Beta is the Dress Rehearsal
  • As the actors become accustomed to their roles, they'll find ways to smooth out most of the little awkward bits.
  • When one of the main character is ill, or has other obligations, an understudy will take over for an evening, or longer, and all of the other actors will have to react accordingly
Now encourage the playwright to keep on adding characters and plot variations every two weeks. That's Elvenar.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

Beta is the Dress Rehearsal

Which is why it is so important to work on aspects of the script/lyrics/music/costumes/set etc. that aren't playing well before you bring a flop to Broadway that could have potentially been a hit!

It helps to understand that "advanced" players are a very small minority of the players

DID YOU KNOW?
It is 6-7 times more expensive to acquire a new customer than it is to keep a current one.

ch1-6.png
Source: White House Office of Consumer Affairs

DID YOU KNOW? On average, loyal customers are worth up to 10 times as much as their first purchase. Source: White House Office of Consumer Affairs
ch1-3.png

By definition and necessity, the top players have made purchases in the past. It doesn't matter how many of them there are, it would behoove Inno to keep them as customers.

Anecdotal "proofs" such as "several of the people in my Fellowship left because of this or that" aren't even very relevant. Actions speak louder than words.

You don't need anecdotes. Anyone can see top players who have left the game. And the actions of them leaving are trying to speak loudly but you don't seem to want to hear them.

"96% of unhappy customers don’t complain, however 91% of those will simply leave and never come back – 1st Financial Training services.

"
A 5% reduction in the customer defection rate can increase profits by 5 – 95% – Bain & Company."

I could go on and on, but I don't want to derail this conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser338

Like the pics, like the facts. Too bad they don't mean scrap.
For starters, we're players, gamers, not customers. Unlike your average customer, who'd have to make some effort to complain, we get this nice forum where we can complain freely and easily. You really think only 4% of the unhappy players are complaining here? C'mon mate, that would pretty much mean this game is so damn terrible there's more people complaining about than actually playing it.
It's also a lot easier to come back to a game than it is to come back to a store. You don't necessarily have to pay for a game like this, making it even more accessible than your average Walmart with extra large doors.
Plus, your facts are mainly about American companies. Different countries have different habits and different customers. A game that is played worldwide will also have lots of different people playing it, so whatever habits American customers might have, they do not really matter right here.

DeletedUser

You really think only 4% of the unhappy players are complaining here?

Yes, I do. Based on my survey of the top 200 US1 players a while back, fewer than 4% had complained in the Forum (despite a statistically significant percentage of dissatisfaction).

It's also a lot easier to come back to a game than it is to come back to a store.

It's not that easy to get into one of the Forums. They would have to go to the email account and search for the password sent originally by Elvenar. I've personally had 6 people tell me that the wanted to comment but couldn't find their password or get help to log in.

For starters, we're players, gamers, not customers.

Not even sure how to respond to this. I respect you, so this comment is incomprehensible.

DeletedUser1548

I have no idea what @Katwijk wrote (as usual), I like @Bobbykitty 's post but we all are just wasting time.
Elvenar is in building phase and when it's finished it will be relalaunched, advertised or whatever. No one cares if current experienced players stay as new will come. For the final product not alfa-beta. ;)

Inno has a strategy, they know what they're doing. If we like it is completely different story. ;) So... relax & enjoy... or not. ;)

DeletedUser

I have no idea what @Katwijk wrote (as usual), I like @Bobbykitty 's post but we all are just wasting time.
Elvenar is in building phase and when it's finished it will be relalaunched, advertised or whatever. No one cares if current experienced players stay as new will come. For the final product not alfa-beta. ;)

Inno has a strategy, they know what they're doing. If we like it is completely different story. ;) So... relax & enjoy... or not. ;)

I've been considering this same thing, Ag123. We're irrelevant in their scheme.

DeletedUser1513

Inno always indicated that they see the academy as a mandatory building.
I don't like that building, I'm never building spells, but I have it in my city.
Now in this quest line it was usefull.
If people decide not to build it, then they shall not complain.
Inno always indicated that they have better applications for it in the pipe.
Now the extra value of the usage becomes clear, people start to complain that they want the extra features without actually having it.

DeletedUser867

We're irrelevant in their scheme.
When a playwright writes a play, she doesn't know WHICH actors will perform the play, but they're certainly relevant.

The confusion arises when an actor want to change the script, because THEY are not getting enough time in the spotlight.

During rehearsals the playwright will be sitting in the audience, and will be watching the dynamics of the interactions between the actors. How the roles "feel" to each actor is certainly important, all the more so if they have a lot of experience, but how the characters interact AS A WHOLE is by far the more important consideration.

DeletedUser118

So if the majority acts at least in some way as planned, everything is fine?

Elderflower

I finished with a day to spare. But I still think the time is a little tight, especially for people who can't play all day. That I completed in the time available was largely due to Mike2910 and his list of quests which enabled me to start some of the long ones while finishing the previous quest. Also I got a spell from neighbourhood help which reduced the time taken for one of the quests.
I do think that when it goes out into the wider world there should be some adjustment of the time. Apart from that I enjoyed the challenges and it was nice to get the prizes at the end.

DeletedUser867

A football coach can't win the game all by himself, but the players aren't going to win either if they ignore the playbook.

The Coach/Playwright/Engineers/Developers have the best feel for how it all fits together, but it has to work for the players or else everybody is wasting their time.

Elvenar has all sorts of opportunities for various playing styles, but you're going to enjoy the game a lot more if you're taking full advantage of what's available, rather than insisting that some hypothetical game would be better.

The developers have tons of information about where folks are spending their time, and that "speaks" volumes.

DeletedUser408

i've upgrade a new residence to lvl 5 for quest 16 and it is registering as completing 1 of 4? is this a bug?

DeletedUser762

I don't understand why you need to do this new challenge of 17 tasks, which is impossible to complete, unless you sit at home 24/7. well, I don't sit at home, and since you don't have this game on a mobile device, I cannot follow up either. The tasks include: scout a territory, which takes me 2 days anyway, then some magic spells, also takes ages, also 3 hours productions (many of them), then other very lengthy tasks and you need just to sit and remember the exact time to complete, otherwise no chance. this is completely useless and a joke, very disappointed, a total mockery for the working people. not all of us are just sitting at home at clicking on the game all the time, even though we are quite active and have not abandoned our cities, like many did. I am now on task 14 and I have no chance to complete your other lengthy stuff in 1 day.

DeletedUser1513

Just completed the questline, still 1 day spare.
But indeed a bit more time would be great for people that are at the end of the research it might become harder, but if you are well prepared and take into account the questorder given above you can finish quests rapidly, like the 700 unit recruitment I just did by filling the barracks in advance with archers

DeletedUser

When a playwright writes a play, she doesn't know WHICH actors will perform the play, but they're certainly relevant.

The confusion arises when an actor want to change the script, because THEY are not getting enough time in the spotlight.

During rehearsals the playwright will be sitting in the audience, and will be watching the dynamics of the interactions between the actors. How the roles "feel" to each actor is certainly important, all the more so if they have a lot of experience, but how the characters interact AS A WHOLE is by far the more important consideration.

Katwijk, you often make interesting comparisons - I just find the basis to be misaligned. Players aren't the actors - we're the audience, paying (Inno hopes) in order to be engaged and entertained. We're not the actors.

DeletedUser1513

Just noticed that the related runes were not awarded, probably because I didn't unlock the wonder yet!
In the past it possible to earn the runes for wonders not yet unlocked!
So a whole silly questline for nothing...