• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] New Questline: The Contest

DeletedUser

How about making "The Contest" a declinable quest ? So people can decide for themselves if they want to do this or not. From the number of declines you would get a good impression if we want this kind of quests or not. :eek: People are stuck now because they don't want to build a barrack or MA and have to look for ~8 days more at the portraits of the questgivers. :(

DeletedUser

Careful Crazy Wizard. I said the same thing and my entire post and any reference to it got deleted. I guess they don't want to hear that we DON'T WANT THAT FECKLESS BUILDING!!!!!!!

Yes Goryn seems to be on a roll. I had a comment deleted without explanation.

DeletedUser629

Careful Crazy Wizard. I said the same thing and my entire post and any reference to it got deleted. I guess they don't want to hear that we DON'T WANT THAT FECKLESS BUILDING!!!!!!!

We want you to behave in an adult fashion. If that becomes too difficult for you, i will be more than willing to help you with that.

DeletedUser651

Excuse me???? So now saying what a whole bunch of people said after me isn't allowed? What on earth are you talking about? Is it the word feckless you are having issues with? It means:

feck·less
ˈfekləs/
adjective
  1. synonyms: useless, worthless, incompetent, inept, good-for-nothing,
And that is the perfect word for what we are all saying about the magic academy. In fact, there are many other servers with whole threads devoted to the same thing. Simply making a feckless building mandatory so that you can get some bonus doesn't make the building any better. It is still a feckless building.

Has being polite to people become too difficult for you? Wtf? That comment was so horribly uncalled for and rude.

DeletedUser1548

I really like the idea of Contest! It should be more of it in the future. :)

Task 6th and 11th (so far) are about spells so it's not a coincidence. ;)
Personally I don't have a problem with that as Barracks and MA are as crucial as Trader (for Inno at least) but I know what you all mean. I resisted building MA for some time but stopped because now it just harms me more than anyone else. Plus IMO Meditation is really nice spell. ;)

We want you to behave in an adult fashion. If that becomes too difficult for you, i will be more than willing to help you with that.
Rude. Very. Mod should be better than that...

DeletedUser1646

I really like the new contest, and the ability it gives to earn more rewards. Even if I'm not able to complete it for some reason, there's still rewards for each of the contest quest :) And all new ways to earn runes are more than welcome in my book ;):p:D

With regards to the MA, I also refused for a long time to build it in my main city on the norwegian server, but after having built it, it actually grows on me ;)
I've started using some of the spells and they are ok... But that doesn't mean I think they're good enough! We need better spells for it to really be worth it's large size! :mad:

DeletedUser605

Contest quest 6 requires the MA to produce a spell. (There may be others as well, but I only know of that one so far).

For those of you who haven't build the MA yet, will the promise of a decent chunk of runes and other goodies from these contests be enough to get you to build it?

I actually completed this by getting the spell form the chests when helping a friend .... so there is hope for you folks without a Magic Academy :)

Lissona

If we did not finish the research for Tome of Secrets and Golden Abyss in the tech tree - do we still get the runes when completing the quest line?

DeletedUser338

Probably, since you don't need the right wonders to get the runes. That's how it worked with donating to wonders, so I assume that's how it works with this quest.

DeletedUser867

But players get a free pass?? They're representative of our community just as much as the mods are, perhaps more so, because the Mods are more concerned about keeping things interesting and informative, rather than whinging.

DeletedUser629

How do you want to help someone in adult fashion???
Youre methode of helping is long gone we dont lash people anymore if he or she walks on the wrong side of the road:cool::cool:

I don't think you understand what i was trying to say, but that's okay :)

DeletedUser629

I really like the idea of Contest! It should be more of it in the future. :)

Task 6th and 11th (so far) are about spells so it's not a coincidence. ;)
Personally I don't have a problem with that as Barracks and MA are as crucial as Trader (for Inno at least) but I know what you all mean. I resisted building MA for some time but stopped because now it just harms me more than anyone else. Plus IMO Meditation is really nice spell. ;)

Nothing rude about it. Players are supposed to stick to the rules, and it's my job to make sure they do.

DeletedUser651

Nothing says you have to be rude about it. I deserve an apology. We all do. Moderators should never be rude to players. And yes....players do get a pass. Because the players are the customers. Delete a comment if you have to. Speak to the person in private. But we are NOT on an even power level. I can NOT delete a moderator's comments. I am also not even close to representing the company. Moderators are.

None of us should ever be treated rudely by moderators. End of story. Why do you think barely anyone speaks on these forums any more? Do you really want to shut us all up? Because these kinds of comments go a long way to keeping this and all forums a ghost town.

Moreover, I wasn't rude to anyone. I simply posted that I was furious that this new cool feature forces players to build the magic academy they don't want to build. I am furious about it and I do think it is a horrible way to treat players. People tell you they don't like something so instead of making it better, you just force them to build it if they want something else? That doesn't make the building any better or make people want it more. And if we don't let you know that we are angry here, then you just get enraged customers on your live servers. It is our JOB to give you feedback!! That is why we are beta TESTERS. Telling you something made us angry is a VALUE to the company. We are here to let you know when new changes are problematic and might cause dissent among your live paying customers. If the company was wise, they would tweak things before they piss off the rest of the customer base. But whatever, not my company. I'm tired of fighting so hard to try to explain to the company ways to make their customers happy.

DeletedUser629

Nothing says you have to be rude about it. I deserve an apology. We all do. Moderators should never be rude to players. And yes....players do get a pass. Because the players are the customers. Delete a comment if you have to. Speak to the person in private. But we are NOT on an even power level. I can NOT delete a moderator's comments. I am also not even close to representing the company. Moderators are.

None of us should ever be treated rudely by moderators. End of story. Why do you think barely anyone speaks on these forums any more? Do you really want to shut us all up? Because these kinds of comments go a long way to keeping this and all forums a ghost town.

Moreover, I wasn't rude to anyone. I simply posted that I was furious that this new cool feature forces players to build the magic academy they don't want to build. I am furious about it and I do think it is a horrible way to treat players. People tell you they don't like something so instead of making it better, you just force them to build it if they want something else? That doesn't make the building any better or make people want it more. And if we don't let you know that we are angry here, then you just get enraged customers on your live servers. It is our JOB to give you feedback!! That is why we are beta TESTERS. Telling you something made us angry is a VALUE to the company. We are here to let you know when new changes are problematic and might cause dissent among your live paying customers. If the company was wise, they would tweak things before they piss off the rest of the customer base. But whatever, not my company. I'm tired of fighting so hard to try to explain to the company ways to make their customers happy.

No, you don't. Players who have been on this forum for quite some time know that i don't simply remove comments because i can. I remove them when they violate the rules set by Innogames. Players have always been allowed to speak freely here, we have never acted like dictators who remove any comment we don't like. But rules are rules, you've been here long enough to know that.

The fact that you weren't rude to another player doesn't mean you didn't break the rules.

There's a difference between giving valuable feedback, and using offensive language, as you yet again have.

DeletedUser867

And yes....players do get a pass. Because the players are the customers.
If you actually believe that, then you've attended very few business meetings. Getting somebody angry is a STANDARD tactic for sidelining them. If somebody is hostile and indignant, supporting them "forces" you to take their side against "everybody else" and most folks are too wise allow themselves to be painted with that brush.

It doesn't really matter WHAT the presenter's ideas are, if they're not allowing folks the opportunity to "look good" by agreeing with them and supporting their ideas, then they won't be effective.

DeletedUser

Well, Goryn, it remains rather difficult to have you in a position of judge, juror, and executioner when your posts have had to be removed, too! In fact, I recall an entire section of a thread that had to be removed due to you initiating an argument inappropriately.

More than any other Moderator, you jump in with deletions and public rebukes - which is telling.