• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] New Questline: The Contest

DeletedUser

Quest #16

I don't have ROOM to build four buildings to level 5. So, I guess I'm not finishing. That's insane to require something we have no way of giving without destroying a maximum level building. Wow.

Lissona

Randy, as far as I can see you have enough space to build them without destroying anything (or only some streets/1x1 cultural buildings).

DeletedUser

Quest #16

I don't have ROOM to build four buildings to level 5. So, I guess I'm not finishing. That's insane to require something we have no way of giving without destroying a maximum level building. Wow.

So the Quest requires us to build new buildings? Not "have" them, but build them?

DeletedUser1548

Quest #16

Remove 6 pieces of a road. Buid residence or workshop 4 times to level 5 and voila! ;)
You may need to disconnect other buildings to do so but it's better to turn them off for awhile that to delete them, I believe...

These quests for beginners are fine, for advanced players - not really but hey, we can manage it, right? ;)

DeletedUser338

He wouldn't even have to delete any buildings. He can just move some of his crystal factories one row back (he still has space there), delete one row of those double roads and build some workshops.

DeletedUser1075

I'd like to know if the last quest in this contest is going to be an expansion.

DeletedUser1278

time used on big players account 1 hour + 72 hour +13 hour + 3 hour if you have 10 workshops + say 10 hour +3 hour = say 10 our +26 hour + 39 hour
makes 177 hour for now from 240 hour for this moment it looks allready realy tight.
we can take of 20 hour if we buy all kp in one time so we have 83 hour left for 6 quests-
lets see when someone finisht this one what will be next

Preator

What is the exact requirement for quest #16?
Is it ok if i upgrade four level 4 buildings to level 5, or do i have to build them from scratch to level 5 in order to complete the quest?

DeletedUser

Yes, I was a little upset and forgot HOW SMALL level 5 buildings can be. (Its been a while since I've had any that wasn't maxed out in level, sorry!) I play every 3 hours, everyday almost. So my city space is also maxed out. However, I had the space, I just had to move a road and a Princess Arwen monument and then I had a 2x3 space and finished all the quests. A member of my Fellowship pointed this out to me and now I'M DONE. Again, thanks, just got a little frustrated and am glad its over. Think I need a break. lol

DeletedUser

What is the exact requirement for quest #16?
Is it ok if i upgrade four level 4 buildings to level 5, or do i have to build them from scratch to level 5 in order to complete the quest?

I believe that yes, upgrading to Level 5 from Level 4 WOULD BE ENOUGH. After all, it doesn't care as long as the buildings reach Level 5, or at least the game has never cared before when I've taken that shortcut.

Also, the final #17 is to make 700 Troops or finish 4 Provinces. I just made a bunch of secondary troops, since you can make like 60 at a time with only one armory.

DeletedUser

So the Quest requires us to build new buildings? Not "have" them, but build them?
Yes, but if you already have four at level four, you could just raise them one more level to level 5 and finish the quest. So, if you're not that far along, you can make them now and finish them when you get to the quest.

DeletedUser651

Is the quest any different for people who have a full city already with all their buildings upgraded to the max level? Or does everyone get the same quests?

DeletedUser

Is the quest any different for people who have a full city already with all their buildings upgraded to the max level? Or does everyone get the same quests?
I only know about my Fellowships members Quests. Only part of us have no to little space left (I can manage an emergency 2x3 space if its important enough, and it was on one of the final quests, but I maneuvered around and moved a road and made room for a Marble Factory, which at level 5 is 2x3 in size. I believe, some quests will depend on which Relics you have that are 'boosted' and since I have boosted Marble, Crystal and Gems, my Quests were usually in those. I figure it will be the "length of time" it takes to finish the Quest that will be equal across the game, not what goods are produced. In other words, I won't get off with shorter quest times than you, just because we are asked to produce different items, it will all be equal in the end for all players. Again, just my humble opinion.

DeletedUser

Remove 6 pieces of a road. Buid residence or workshop 4 times to level 5 and voila! ;)
You may need to disconnect other buildings to do so but it's better to turn them off for awhile that to delete them, I believe...

These quests for beginners are fine, for advanced players - not really but hey, we can manage it, right? ;)
Thank you for your patience, and yes a Fellowship member talked me down off the Ledge. :) I got it done by moving a Princess Arwen (1x1) structure and a roadway and made room for a 2x3 Marble Factory. Thanks again!

DeletedUser

I "believe" if you already have buildings below level 5, all you should have to do is upgrade them to level 5 and get the reward. In other words, you can build them to level four before the quest, then finish them off with one final level. Elvenar usually lets that count, I've found out over time. Best of luck!

DeletedUser

Randy, as far as I can see you have enough space to build them without destroying anything (or only some streets/1x1 cultural buildings).
Yes, thanks, I did. A Fellowship member got me calmed down and explained it to me. I just couldn't see the Forest for the trees, as they say. I've had an inability to expand for about 5 months, and I guess I got super frustrated because I had to delete a level 15 Marble Factory because I had no space to expand, so I replaced it with an Ancient Wonder (which is just as good, I admit), but after all these months of not building, I just let my frustration over-run me and now I'm calm and done with the Quests, so I appreciate everyone's understanding. I started playing this game the day of my Mother's first Chemotherapy, and now she's been gone 8 months, and when I was caregiving for her, I would get up every 2.5 hours to change her diapers, feed her, etc., so I would log on and fix my city since I was already up and the game helped my stress. Now that she's gone, I can sleep through the night (well, more than 2 1/2 hours at a time, anyways), but I now have no space for my city and I already have 5 Provinces saved up towards the next expansion. I guess I'm just a little lost.

DeletedUser1250

Now that makes me realize again that there is a human behind every player and that we know nothing about someone's circumstances. So we need to be patient with others, not knowing what makes them react in a certain way. I am glad someone could help you with this quest. It must have been a very hard time for you, so I wish you the best and a lot of strength and courage to go on.

Back to the topic. I like the contest so far and I hope we will get more in the future.

I am on quest 12 and I didn't like that one so much. I had just finished quest 11, making 2 spells and now I have to make 3. I would have liked to see something different because scouting 3 provences is no option for me because scouting one provence takes more than 3 days. For players who are not so far in the tech tree, scouting will go faster, but still. Luckily I got one of the 3 spells from visiting neighbours, so that saves time. I am a bit impatient to see the next quest :)