• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] InnoGames TV - October Episode

DeletedUser

What's the point with us giving feedback? You are releasing a broken battle design on the live servers this week, despite all the negative feedback we provided here. I was hoping you would at least fix the AI, so players can still do some fights, even if only in tournaments, but it is obvious it is not going to happen.
So really, there's no point in providing feedback, its just a huge waste of time.
Its time to get out the popcorn and the drinks and watch this ship sink. Any bets on how many players are going to quit the game on the week this gets released to the live servers?

DeletedUser1757

One more thing about fighting and AW. Once you build Martial monastery you should get at least 10% health bonus and not 1.6%.

DeletedUser1627

Yes but it takes too much time! -_-'
Have you see the beautiful design of the woodelves? They are our only open door to take off all this ugly orcs and gobelins buildings! :p

DeletedUser283

who cares about woodelves ?

1- I am far from having completed orcs, because of poorly designed production times, so if a new chapter comes by, it will have to wait anyhow;

2- I cannot fight on the map anymore because devs failed to deliver new content while I was enjoying myself happily kicking enemy shins, everytime a bit further away form my city; and boy, did I have fun back in the days :p ;

3- tournament, province 1, level 6 : 1 fight passed with auto, 2 in manual mode, the rest I had to cater; what kind of a combat system is that ? our units had their bonuses nerfed to a point where they are absolutely inefficient even against the right enemy, and enemy bonuses have been made superior to ours;

question : could Inno please, pretty please with sugar on top, stop punishing us for what we have done because of them ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1627

Sorry @Philplessis but i'm on the discussion about the Inno Games Episode of October and what is it talking about? Whaaaaaaaaat??
About WOODELVES!!
So I speak about woodelves :p
And I love woodelves!

I am tired about all the people crying because of the new battle system and I think the developpers and moderators too.
Because the new battle redesign is here to help the developpers for the developpement of new features.

So I want to speak about wood elves and all the question about this new guest race:

Why the portal arrive late in the chapter and the farms, of the settlement at the end of this chapter?
Does that mean that the woodelves chapter is not only one?
Will us see the woodelves for several chapters? Or Timon and Rike doesn't reveal all the chapter?
Why the armories havn't an upgrade in this chapter? (yes whyyyyyy why does we keep this ugly armories from the orcs *sadness*)
The woodelves settlement is not a portal, does that mean that they will be in our city for a few chapters?

Many mysteries that are in the dark...

Marindor

Let's indeed get back in this thread to the actual content of the InnoGames TV episode, which is WoodElves and use this thread for any Battle issues. We're having the same conversation in multiple threads now, I see things being mentioned here which I have already addressed in the other thread so to avoid further miscommunication, let's continue with the Battle feedback there and keep it about the WoodElves here. One thing I'd like to react on:

1- I am far from having completed orcs, because of poorly designed production times, so if a new chapter comes by, it will have to wait anyhow;

I understand that you are currently unhappy anyway and I'm probably not going to be able to change that, but the thing you mentioned here, has nothing to do with "poorly designed" production times, but is exactly the reason why WoodElves come relatively soon after Orcs. We don't want players to keep getting stuck in the end of their tech tree for weeks/months all the time (because that's boring), but we want to keep giving you something to work towards. Of course there will always be some players who want to rush to the tech tree and will keep being at the end all the time and we can't totally prevent that, but our aim is to avoid that situation for most of our players. So it is intended that this new chapter is introduced while you haven't finished the previous one yet :)

DeletedUser283

thanks, @Marindor , I understand that
I know that the production times are not the only reason, because I started it the wrong way, but I needed the 2nd research expansion badly so I got it with a few lvl 1 farms and rallye points and then went to a total stop to finally upgrade everything to level4;
on top of that, I just now have enough psycho to complete all my research so that I could dedicate more farms to wisdom production, and my progress will certainly improve in the near future, albeit slow.
like you said, I have to make pauses during which I share KPs with my fellowship, before finally unlocking a research that will open new ones :)
but I do not mind the game being slow, this is a city builder at high level, I know what to expect ;) (hint : FoE since 2012)
now please excuse me if I am anything but excited about a new chapter, frustration leads to bitterness, and to lack of enthousiasm ...

DeletedUser1627

Let's indeed get back in this thread to the actual content of the InnoGames TV episode, which is WoodElves and use this thread for any Battle issues. We're having the same conversation in multiple threads now, I see things being mentioned here which I have already addressed in the other thread so to avoid further miscommunication, let's continue with the Battle feedback there and keep it about the WoodElves here. One thing I'd like to react on:

Holy Marindor! Thank you soooo much! Hail the woodelves! They will save us from the disgusting orcs! x)

But what about my questions? :p

DeletedUser1757

I understand that you are currently unhappy anyway and I'm probably not going to be able to change that, but the thing you mentioned here, has nothing to do with "poorly designed" production times, but is exactly the reason why WoodElves come relatively soon after Orcs. We don't want players to keep getting stuck in the end of their tech tree for weeks/months all the time (because that's boring), but we want to keep giving you something to work towards. Of course there will always be some players who want to rush to the tech tree and will keep being at the end all the time and we can't totally prevent that, but our aim is to avoid that situation for most of our players. So it is intended that this new chapter is introduced while you haven't finished the previous one yet :)
You prevented this so called "rushing" which is just normal gameplay that is 30-32 KP per day into research tree with orc's chapter. Now newer players will never be able to catch up. Yes production times are ridiculously high or you produce too little. Depends how you wanna look. Production should be about 25% higher or you would need about 25% less to unlock research.

I hope you didn't messed up this with Woodenelves the same. Because if you do not produce higher amounts of goods per cycle. Why would someone build AW: Trading blooming guild then? Sure not because of portal boost like Timon suggested. Plus is just not near enough to start with 5%. If you produce only 10 goods per 2 days. Is better to have more production buildings.
Guest race's AWs are set too late in the chapter. Should be moved in the middle of the chapter. Like you have with early AWs.

CrazyWizard

You prevented this so called "rushing" which is just normal gameplay that is 30-32 KP per day into research tree with orc's chapter. Now newer players will never be able to catch up. Yes production times are ridiculously high or you produce too little. Depends how you wanna look. Production should be about 25% higher or you would need about 25% less to unlock research.

I hope you didn't messed up this with Woodenelves the same. Because if you do not produce higher amounts of goods per cycle. Why would someone build AW: Trading blooming guild then? Sure not because of portal boost like Timon suggested. Plus is just not near enough to start with 5%. If you produce only 10 goods per 2 days. Is better to have more production buildings.
Guest race's AWs are set too late in the chapter. Should be moved in the middle of the chapter. Like you have with early AWs.
I cant actualle agree, many people build them both for the production boost and for the better trader. tho I find other wonders more important.
Also we have wonders now, which prevents you from getting stuck in the research tree.

As for the production, it al depends on the amount of space you allocate for race goods production. if you find it to slow or to little, you simply add more factories en your problem is solved.

As for the woodelves I am actually curious how that one will pan out. it seems to be a prelude to woodelves instead of the woodelves chapter.
The factories are placed on the end of the research tree, so you might actually pre fabricate a lot of stuff before the wood elves actually arrive.

I wonder how that will work out for us who are already at the end of the orcs chapter and are most likely reach the end of the prelude to woodelves chapter before the woodelves actually arrive. The factories dont have levels but the portal can be upped and the goods needed for the limited portal goods can be pre fabricated in large quantities.

Heymrdiedier

Sorry @Philplessis but i'm on the discussion about the Inno Games Episode of October and what is it talking about? Whaaaaaaaaat??
About WOODELVES!!
So I speak about woodelves :p
And I love woodelves!

I am tired about all the people crying because of the new battle system and I think the developpers and moderators too.
Because the new battle redesign is here to help the developpers for the developpement of new features.

So I want to speak about wood elves and all the question about this new guest race:

Why the portal arrive late in the chapter and the farms, of the settlement at the end of this chapter?
Does that mean that the woodelves chapter is not only one?
Will us see the woodelves for several chapters? Or Timon and Rike doesn't reveal all the chapter?
Why the armories havn't an upgrade in this chapter? (yes whyyyyyy why does we keep this ugly armories from the orcs *sadness*)
The woodelves settlement is not a portal, does that mean that they will be in our city for a few chapters?

Many mysteries that are in the dark...

Ill try to answer some question since i think they mods arent allowed to spoil the details yet (or dont know them themselves).
You can hear in the innogame tv that we need to prepare our city for the arrival of the woodelves. This could mean that the next chapter isnt really the woodelves chapter, but a prelude to the real woodelves chapter. It would certainly explain why production buildings of high tier1 is introduced at the end of the research tree. it would also explain why this chapter doesnt get a portal but somthing similar to a portal. I assume the portal comes in the chapter after this when the real woodelvves arrive.

the missing armory upgrade in research tree i cant explain, keeping the combat update in mind, i think we'll miss that armory upgrade alot

DeletedUser283

well .. regarding armouries, I do not view them as a priority anymore;
when fighting was a valid option on the world map, I strived to combine 4 or 5 armouries with my bulwark to get a maximum amount of troops trained in 1 batch (typically 1 battlefield squad per slot);
with the newer values, I do not need that many units anymore because I cannot fight on the map, and the amount required to fight in tournaments is ridiculously low, even when including heavy losses;
I can replenish my stock of troops in less than 24 h now that units can be trained much faster
isn't it ironic ? I now have what I called for since the beginning : barracks that recruit fast, but the troops I get I cannot use on the map ...
the only good point in having higher level armouries imho is in case it allows for making them less ugly ;)

Marindor

But what about my questions? :p

i think they mods arent allowed to spoil the details yet

We can't spoil too much indeed :p What I can tell you on your question about the manufactories at the end of the Chapter: They're not the "normal" manufactory upgrades you're used to so far. That's all I can say for now, but more info on it will come soon ;)

DeletedUser1757

I cant actualle agree, many people build them both for the production boost and for the better trader. tho I find other wonders more important.
Also we have wonders now, which prevents you from getting stuck in the research tree.

As for the production, it al depends on the amount of space you allocate for race goods production. if you find it to slow or to little, you simply add more factories en your problem is solved.

You can avoid tax completely if you are in successful Fellowship and if you have too much supply you should reconsider your city workshop levels and amount workshops. Let me tell you something nobody actually needs BTG with current stats.

first Woodenelves chapters seems to be intro into next real deal.

DeletedUser

You can avoid tax completely if you are in successful Fellowship and if you have too much supply you should reconsider your city workshop levels and amount workshops. Let me tell you something nobody actually needs BTG with current stats.

first Woodenelves chapters seems to be intro into next real deal.

Actually, i think BTG is the wonder to level right now. There is no point in investing in any of the military wonders, they won't make any difference, you can't win fights that were designed not to be won not matter how high your military wonders are. But BTG will not only help you with the goods for each guest race, as you can use to get extra goods from your excess coins/supplies. And since they don't want us scouting anymore, we will all be drowning in coins. The extra goods you can get through BTG will help you negotiate/cater all the fights that you can't win anymore.
So yeah, forget the military wonders, invest in BTG.

DeletedUser1627

We can't spoil too much indeed :p What I can tell you on your question about the manufactories at the end of the Chapter: They're not the "normal" manufactory upgrades you're used to so far. That's all I can say for now, but more info on it will come soon ;)

Yes :) I know but I try every time we never know ;)
But I think this chapter is an open door to many hypothesis!
Because elvenar is a game around the elves I think that the woodelves will not take one only chapter ;)

And I really love all the mods avatars about the new guest races! *.* (there is many in the french forum too!) It shows that the developpers try a maximum to put their stamp on each race :)

But now I wait for them (the Update is Wednesday on the french servers... maybe the 1.16 will coming thursday or friday ... :p)

Dony

King of Bugs
Yes :) I know but I try every time we never know ;)
But I think this chapter is an open door to many hypothesis!
Because elvenar is a game around the elves I think that the woodelves will not take one only chapter ;)

And I really love all the mods avatars about the new guest races! *.* (there is many in the french forum too!) It shows that the developpers try a maximum to put their stamp on each race :)

But now I wait for them (the Update is Wednesday on the french servers... maybe the 1.16 will coming thursday or friday ... :p)

patch with battle redesign hitting live servers in the middle of tournament? that doesnt sound right

DeletedUser1627

That's not the problem and the french forum don't care about it x) Most of us see it in the beta and now it's a closed chapter!

Now our own concern is about the woodelves and all the mysteries about them *.*

DeletedUser1757

That's not the problem and the french forum don't care about it x) Most of us see it in the beta and now it's a closed chapter!

Now our own concern is about the woodelves and all the mysteries about them *.*
Is not that good for you and other French players that you are ignoring rebalancing of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

Guys, again: Please stick to the content of InnoGames TV in this thread and don't let it go off-topic about the battle changes again. We've got another thread for that :)