• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] InnoGames TV - October Episode

DeletedUser867

You are telling all of them that they can no longer compete in Elvenar without paying.
It's actually entirely the other way round. "all of them" are being informed that they will need to let the core game catch up with their cities, so that they will have a more rewarding gaming experience.

I'll go back to my wagon train analogy. The scouts know a LOT of things, and will have seen a LOT of territory that, as it turns out, won't ever be used by subsequent wagon trains. But the essential notion is that the Scouts ENJOY seeing what's beyond the next hill.

Are the scouts important?? Absolutely!! Once in a while they WILL discover routes that are better, and more interesting.

Very much to the point, if someone with a fully developed city DOES go back and start a new city, they'll discover that Elvenar is now a DIFFERENT game than the one that they remember and, I would suggest, it's now a much better game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

Or to say it with your example. No Scout would want to go back to school and being told how to scout once again, even though he is already very experienced. I don't think that would be very much of interest for him.

DeletedUser1681

I myself welcome the woodelves (or whatever they are). Somebody elsewhere said that the orc chapter buildings are ugly and I myself am at least absolutely fed up with the color of orc chapter cities. In my local server I have a habit of visiting all my neighbours (and I have a lot of them) and many of those have advanced well into the orc chapter.... aaaargh!!!, my eyes, my eyes :cool:. Matter of taste ofc.

Very much to the point, if someone with a fully developed city DOES go back and start a new city, they'll discover that Elvenar is now a DIFFERENT game than the one that they remember and, I would suggest, it's now a much better game.
No. It will be only harder for new starters. People will have to build more on less space.
I first played this a little over a year ago my in my local server, deleted, and early this year started "for real" and during that time so much had changed that it felt refreshing.
Then... !!tadaa!! :eek: magic academy appeared. Don't get me wrong I find some of the spells quite useful and such but the building... I've filled buckets with tears of frustration moving that thing around trying to make space for all buildings. And the academy comes into the play quite early, such a big building and that point in the game you parctically must do the task because you need every coin and supply you can get from the tasks. And now this fighting thing - not that easy to get expansions anymore. It's easy to say that you can always negotiate but a new player has so many things, upgrading buildings etc that clearing a province (or three) to get an expansion is a real pain.
When I started here early August it wasn't that different really I was lucky enough to get expansion through fighting and basically get my economy up and running before the battle update, I can now negotiate. My friend on the other hand was unlucky and started just week before the battle update - he feels he was stopped dead on his tracks. He also knows the game from local server but doesn't think he's discovered a better game. When I ask he shrugs and says his city is still there, but... I think we have another ghost town on the map.

DeletedUser1757

Cost for negotiations went up as well. Even less relics means less unreasonble AWs built. And I almost forgot, less or no relics means no spells in the core of the game called Magic Academy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1767

Or to say it with your example. No Scout would want to go back to school and being told how to scout once again, even though he is already very experienced. I don't think that would be very much of interest for him.
That's really a matter of taste though. I started playing here last weekend, after over a year of playing only a single city and getting quite far (currently researching the Orc/Goblin Wonders), so that I could see for myself what it was like to play the game from the beginning as it is now. No, not everyone will want to do that, and that's fine, but there will also be people who will want to, out of curiosity or a desire to make an informed decision (or both, as in my case).