• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 15: The Elvenar

DeletedUser2803

I prefer not to cripple my tournament score
That's your decision, not everyone focuses so much on tournament. Also, only optional squad size researches. So on long term, the chapter will help getting higher scores in tournament, as my city becomes more efficient, without making the tournament harder.

iDavis

I see no reason to complain about how difficult is new chapter and how long it takes to produce sentient goods. This scenario is much better then completing a chapter in 1,5 month and then next half year waiting for a new one. From this point of view, it's a great step forward.
Amounts of sentient goods also make portal profits a bit useless, since more time than producing settlement resources will probably take sentient goods, therefore it won't have a sense to jump through all these settlement resources and then wait, because "I have only one sentient manufactory".
Before this chapter came I was for 80% sure I will disenchant all of my portal profits in inventory, now I'm sure for 100%.

Dony

King of Bugs
i am not complaining about difficulty, i am talking about balance, if developers want from fighting oriented city to produce insane amount of useless goods for them then i want from developers exaclty the same for opposite scenario, every research should have another requirments and thats Win with fighting 100-500 encounters per research, so negotiators are stuck aswell
Why should only 1 group of ppl be stuck and not both?

DeletedUser2803

Amounts of sentient goods also make portal profits a bit useless, since more time than producing settlement resources will probably take sentient goods
With portal refills, you do not need a big settlement, which gives you more space for manufactories. Without portal refills, you have less space for manufactories due to bigger settlement. So using portal refills will always speed up chapter progression. Also producing the settlement resources costs a lot of sentient goods t4 and t5. If you do not need those, you can do more sentient goods t6, because you save both the manufactories as well as the seeds for the other tiers.

if developers want from fighting oriented city to produce insane amount of useless goods
By fighting, you save an insane amount of goods in tournaments. So you need less regular manufactories. So you have more space and population for sentient manufactories. In my personal opinion, fighting is way easier in tournaments than negotiation. I have only 2 armories and that's enough to do a lot of tournament points without spending any goods. If I would consider how many manufactories I would need to do the same amoutn of tournament points every week... I'm saving so many regular manufactories with fighting that I have no problem with building 2 of every t4-6 manufactory.

Dony

King of Bugs
By fighting, you save an insane amount of goods in tournaments. So you need less regular manufactories. So you have more space and population for sentient manufactories. In my personal opinion, fighting is way easier in tournaments than negotiation. I have only 2 armories and that's enough to do a lot of tournament points without spending any goods. If I would consider how many manufactories I would need to do the same amoutn of tournament points every week... I'm saving so many regular manufactories with fighting that I have no problem with building 2 of every t4-6 manufactory.
thats not my point, i can adapt to whatever i need, so should negotiators adapt aswell, now they dont need to and its a brainless faceroll for them.

DeletedUser332

but for sure they have elvenar trade center and/or storm phoenix

I'm not sure those two things alone are enough to cause any sort of imbalance. As mentioned, fighters save a ton of goods in tournaments relative to folks who cater, and an established fighter is able to get much higher scores overall as well. I might have to eat my own words here, but I don't think anyone's doing negotiating 100% of the time on their way to a 7k+ tournament score every week because that's absolutely crazy, but that's not even unreasonable to expect from a developed fighter.

I guess in the end though, what it comes down to is that fighting is basically optional but producing resources in your city is not because of the research tree. And thematically speaking, it makes more sense that research requires resources rather than fighting. You don't see scientists or scholars waging war on each other in order to learn things, do you? ;)

Lovec Krys

there's a good reason for the telport spell, don't you think? teleporting away your usual manufactories and building one more sentient manufactory seems pretty good at his point
More like:
1) Build additional Expired goods manufactories
2) Teleport Houses
3) Build settlement and do research
4) Destroy settlement and return houses
5) Upgrade rest of the buildings

Btw, more math:
Expired goods Constructs:
T4-518K(max 45k)
T5-582K(max 50k)
T6-258K(max 61K)

Elvenars:
T4 - 555K (max 105K)
T5 1575K (max 355K)
T6 - 5870K (max. 370K)
Max = maximum price per one research.
Anybody else sees the T6 goods requirements a little too high? Well, I'm starting to build second T6 right now.

Dony

King of Bugs
I'm not sure those two things alone are enough to cause any sort of imbalance. As mentioned, fighters save a ton of goods in tournaments relative to folks who cater, and an established fighter is able to get much higher scores overall as well. I might have to eat my own words here, but I don't think anyone's doing negotiating 100% of the time on their way to a 7k+ tournament score every week because that's absolutely crazy, but that's not even unreasonable to expect from a developed fighter.
Thats not the point, what has tournament to do with sentient goods? My point is developers should make challenge equal for both groups.
The problem with recent event and this chapter is that developers support only 1 predefined playstyle and every other playstyle is punished and they are slowly but surely narrowing that playstyle.

DeletedUser2803

My point is developers should make challenge equal for both groups.
So you would like to earn something like a sentient good "refill" by fighting? E.g. in the tournament or spire? Or maybe as an option in crafting, as you can earn crafting materials directly or indirectly with fighting as well?

Dony

King of Bugs
So you would like to earn something like a sentient good "refill" by fighting? E.g. in the tournament or spire? Or maybe as an option in crafting, as you can earn crafting materials directly or indirectly with fighting as well?
no, i like the challenge, but second group should have challenge aswell

DeletedUser2803

no, i like the challenge, but second group should have challenge aswell
So what is yur proposal? Reducing the amount is just taking out the challenge for everyone. Implementing the option to unlock a technology by fighting sounds like quite an effort. The system seems not to be built for that. I think the most reasonable option would be to allow fighters to earn sentient goods by fighting, or do yoi have better ideas?

DeletedUser2630

I'm getting annoyed about the game. Race is what I enjoy the least and the idea that I slave 4-5 months just to fulfill it poses me the question whether I freeze and other races will not go or stop playing, which I would not like for the association. But it's getting too much for me. The goods came to me too much in construction, this is deadly.

palmira

I like the challenge of planning so I am really enjoying this race, it is going to be the harder to get. I just hope I get some teleport spells live, I have been lucky here but got none live.

Jaxom

I like the challenge of planning so I am really enjoying this race, it is going to be the harder to get. I just hope I get some teleport spells live, I have been lucky here but got none live.
I am truly impressed. You already have a level 2 Council House and 3 Academies! I can't get enough trades completed to complete the scout tech.
I guess I will be visiting your city often to see how you put the pieces together.

DeletedUser1953

Finally, i want to deblock XV but first problem need 3M supplies, capacity of my HV is 2.7M ^^

Edit: i do not see/think that my HV is so old but the problem is increased size and population, i think this is totally stupid to increase the size of the HV (in the future HV 30x30 ?!) It seems that inno continues, ok to increase the size of HV but give more research extensions !
I hope this times Inno thought to reduce the size of other buildings like dwarf, i dislike the destruction's system for a building game and incompatible with the new quest system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

I have screenshots of 'The Elvenar' chapter XV - all of the tech tree researches, the Settlement, the Ancient Wonders and the 4 new Culture buildings

You are welcome to share this Note with friends who do not play in Beta.

https://tinyurl.com/y47pbv9e

72073079_10214821991603982_4745936727481253888_n.jpg

DeletedUser332

More like:
1) Build additional Expired goods manufactories
2) Teleport Houses
3) Build settlement and do research
4) Destroy settlement and return houses
5) Upgrade rest of the buildings

Btw, more math:
Expired goods Constructs:
T4-518K(max 45k)
T5-582K(max 50k)
T6-258K(max 61K)

Elvenars:
T4 - 555K (max 105K)
T5 1575K (max 355K)
T6 - 5870K (max. 370K)
Max = maximum price per one research.
Anybody else sees the T6 goods requirements a little too high? Well, I'm starting to build second T6 right now.

Keep in mind that while the T6 goods costs may be high for research, T4 and T5 are required for the Elvenar settlement buildings, including producing from them. Also, the highest research cost for T6 is 420k, for the expansion at the end of the tree.