• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 15: The Elvenar

Jaxom

But where are the Chapter 15 quests? Am I missing something?
Beta server is horribly slow this morning.

DeletedUser3061

I heard quests are going to be added soon, but not sure. Maybe wait till tomorrow!

iDavis

It seems like developers finally understand that not everybody likes squad size upgrades. :) Btw I like graphics a lot and am also happy my wishing wells will expire after 20 days, what is, I think around possible time of releasing this chapter on live. :)

Heymrdiedier

two extensions in "research"

dt0b.png
facm.png

and ....... it's all :(
and thats double then what we had the previous 3 chapters?

DeletedUser332

Wow, those are some steep goods costs! With the decay factor included, I'm unable to reach the S2 and S3 goods requirements without building another manufactory for each. S1 seems to be doable with just a single building still, which is ironic because not only does it have the lowest output due to being the smallest, it's also the one getting upgraded this chapter. Interesting and costly move!

Really like that every single squad size research is optional in this chapter. In fact, it seems like there are numerous optional researches including for some of the settlement buildings (or at least, they aren't linked to anything after them). Some of these optional researches even have incredibly low costs.

Interesting to see armories getting an upgrade again when they just received one in Constructs. The last time armories got back-to-back upgrades was with Fairies/Orcs. A welcome addition for me, since the improved barracks and mercenary camp will definitely be cutting training times to the point where I'll need a larger training size to prevent going idle overnight.

I knew this was coming with the next chapter anyway, but I'm really happy that we're finally getting the last 3 unit promotions. Should be enough to effectively retire my barracks in most cases since all of the mercenary camp units are really good.

Nice to see the faucet turned up just a bit on giving us more expansions, but it's not by much - was there really only one province expansion added? That doesn't seem like much, but if it becomes a regular thing to add more with each new chapter this may smooth itself out over time.

Finally, the wonders. After the excellent offerings from Constructs, these are a bit of a let-down for me. The Vortex will be great for chapters AFTER this one, but until then there isn't really any point to having it; we're done with research by the time we're allowed to build it. Having a benefit later on down the line is fine, but it should come with an immediate benefit as well especially since it's such a late-game building. Additionally, the Wellspring sounds like a worse version of the Golden Abyss. The GA is smaller (and thus cheaper to level), and additionally produces a significant amount of coins on its own. However, it does work somewhat in reverse to the Wellspring where it gets worse with each residence you have, while the Wellspring gets better. Unfortunately, the trend lately has been to move away from having residences in the city so I believe many players will be skipping this one as well. Considering that both Wonders here only have a single bonus when we've previously been given two, I worry that the developers may be running out of ideas for what bonuses to provide and ultimately making the late-game Wonders weaker than even the first ones a new player is able to build.

Potvorisko

I am really excited about the new chapter, but here on beta, I am still on amuni, so for now, I can just admire the beautifull graphic :)

I am litte bit disapointed by wonders...the first one aimed for guest race portal seems to me pretty much useless and I am missing here the second bonus, where is it? The second one looks good, i appriciate some new population, but again, where is the second bonus? At least some coins would be welcomed.

DeletedUser332

@Potvorisko Yeah, in-game both of the Elvenar Wonders only have a single bonus each.

I think the Wellspring could add in an additional coin production bonus to Residences as well to really sell it as a building that promotes having Residences in the city and makes them a lot stronger. The Vortex I'm not so sure about. It's pretty lackluster for normal play since you're not usually capping your resources anyway before you're spending them on research. However, if the increase provided by this wonder affects resources gained with Portal Profit spells, it could be useful though not really a 'must-have'. I can't really think of a second bonus to pair with it, though. Maybe an increase in storage capacity for coins and supplies as well to keep the theme the same?

Jaxom

One good thing about the portal-oriented wonder is that there must be plans to have more chapters and portals to play with. Otherwise why have such a wonder? With the coming of the Elvenar one might have thought that we had reached the logical end of the chapters. But I guess not.

The other wonder gives a 5% population boost plus more as you level. This could free up some space by letting you eliminate residences. Can't tell how large it is. I hope the increments in pop boost aren't miniscule as you upgrade.

The goods requirements for research are extreme. I will absolutely not build more than 1 each of the sentient goods factories since the developers now require so many nearly max level T1 factories for events. If they had any sense they would let us use sentient goods production to satisfy event tasks. But until that happens I won't budge. This chapter will take painfully long to produce the sentient goods.

Lovec Krys

Blooming Trader is good if you have no portal refills. Vortex is good if you have a lot of portal refills.
For some players maybe, but for majority of end tech players it doesn't make sence to build a wonder which increase speed of going through the chapter. In my case I have never built the Blooming Trader, with average 1,5mth/chapter, there was no need to speed that by BT and satisfy to invest any KPs in it, when I have many other much more usefull wonders where to spend KPs.

@iDavis I just hope they won't make them mandatory later. I'm skipping them all of course.

Alcaro

<To help you create a little more space for this puzzle, there are new Research and Premium Expansions available, and we have also raised the cap on Province Expanions, unlocking new Expansions automatically if you went over the previous cap of 457 provinces.>

@Marindor
in your statement is clearly said ExpansionSSS, not 1 (one) expansion. Can you clarify this issue, please?
I don't think it's fair for the end tech tree players to get only one lousy expansion when in all events we were forced to scout and solve countless encounters!

Last edited:

Deleted User - 81190

Is it just me, or are some research items requirements are missing? E.g. I can see costs for the Residences upgrade, but there is nothing on Workshops (and pretty much anything else later on).