• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 15: The Elvenar

Potvorisko

20% max at lvl 30, 7x3 size (was 40% max before today)

Just 20% at lvl 30?!!!...not enough for that large wonder with just one bonus. If it would be 40%, than it would be worth (still missing the second bonus), but in this case, i rather keep my pop-culture buildings and skip the residences with this wonder...

DeletedUser3036

so, that wonder is here to help to sell 20% of our residence...? while taking 7x3.. it's definitely not as good as switching your residences with events buildings o_O

DeletedUser1657

With the coming of the Elvenar one might have thought that we had reached the logical end of the chapters.

With the invitation from the constructs to visit unur when we are ready I would think the end was still a little way off.

@Potvorisko Yeah, in-game both of the Elvenar Wonders only have a single bonus each.

I think the Wellspring could add in an additional coin production bonus to Residences as well to really sell it as a building that promotes having Residences in the city and makes them a lot stronger. The Vortex I'm not so sure about. It's pretty lackluster for normal play since you're not usually capping your resources anyway before you're spending them on research. However, if the increase provided by this wonder affects resources gained with Portal Profit spells, it could be useful though not really a 'must-have'. I can't really think of a second bonus to pair with it, though. Maybe an increase in storage capacity for coins and supplies as well to keep the theme the same?

vortex could always give some portal profits. But I can't see it been useful as portal caps are always higher then tech requirements, not to mention PP spells are more abundant now. The only uses I see are:
  • They do something nasty and have tech requirements higher than a base portal storage :eek: which would force the use of the wonder and fits of rage
  • As a temp building at the start of each chapter to up the storage so you can maximize spells and then delete it at the end of the chapter. Rinse and repeat
  • You want the look of them in your town and have the space to spare to appreciate them (or just visit the wiki for the same view and no impact on your town):p
I know some of the older wonders are badly in need of a revamp, but its sad to see new wonders coming into the game in the same state. Especially when the graphics look so nice. Hopefully a second effect comes into play or a much more powerful single effect which I still can't see it helping vortex.

Karvest

r just visit the wiki for the same view and no impact on your town
or just look
ZJnpptRkWYDC6Nlf627PTJEi9QwZNI5_LtEhwHBFJMW_YPVk_qdGFamk6Ip4JHvw4acAhRRceZXqCKJxWLMmVOoneMJem-9HQ9Lw56sErw17bPgS3v-msrrSzxc81U1DZJjXpyDnjQ

UQOSCWylc_orvhGASfmD5F2nOFyS9IkwvFxFCNF75G9CwoDvwTCR7YrlmpsNpyq3tm4AwtC_MfdTH6hqrgWHMjovXsfT6gXftU1K5tQMPgpGYbgKXvlvwbOz9HoysW941n8zr0543g

Alcaro

@Karvest

imho Constructs were the peak of their creativity. That settlement was absolutely fantastic, awesome. These buildings are ... oh, well .... nice :p;)
But I do have one dilemma - what is with that paw print over there? o_O

Deleted User - 81190

As a temp building at the start of each chapter to up the storage so you can maximize spells and then delete it at the end of the chapter. Rinse and repeat
Don't quite see what purpose this AW serves that late in the chapters - unless they plan for many-many chapters to come, and relatively soon. BTG is at least useful for quite a few chapters, even though one can argue that the impact is relatively small when you have PP available. But AW specific to guest races at the end game? With months in between chapters? Anyone hitting the end of chapter 15 any time soon will likely be able to accumulate a ton of PPs if they want to, and once you hit 1000%+ in PPs additional usage efficiency does not matter. We don't have any other use of PPs. Even if you're not overflowing with PPs by the time chapters 16+ are online, this AW is only useful for chapters 16+. Which won't be a meaningful number for a long, long time - unless release patterns dramatically change.

And in-between waiting for chapters? Entirely useless, just like a few other AWs.

And the other one? 20% pop bonus at L30? So basically if I am running with 20 residences, it will save me 4 residences at the cost of 3x7 and the cost of upgrading this thing to L30? Nah, I'll pass. Probably better off RR-upgrading my Venar's Rocks III from Halflings if nothing better won't come along in the events (at it's hard to see that there will be no event buildings that are 20% better than residences).

Given the latest event setup, I can totally see some number/level restrictions imposed on residences though. That's the only reason why I haven't embraced "zero residences" approach.

DeletedUser1707

I've got 504 provinces done. What good does the expanded map do? There's no incentive to keep playing when the space requirements for new chapters exceeds the actual available space. I'm not going to pay 14,000 diamonds for a premium expansion. That's just ridiculous. Make the expansions a thousand diamonds each and that becomes doable. Also, just not placing an upper limit on provinces done for an expansion. By my estimation, I would be eligible for another 6 expansions. Then, it becomes playable and interesting again.
Frankly, I'm ready to quit. The game has become tedious and not fun.

Lovec Krys

@Dony I can still redirect some space from settlement to the needed aditional T4+ manufactories, but I'll be probably running on 1 of each settlement building system this chapter. And if next chapter again requires more space than it provides, I'll probably end up with portal only + portal spells strategy. (not mentioning required additional space for wonders if the're worth it)

Heymrdiedier

With the invitation from the constructs to visit unur when we are ready I would think the end was still a little way off.

vortex could always give some portal profits. But I can't see it been useful as portal caps are always higher then tech requirements, not to mention PP spells are more abundant now. The only uses I see are:
  • They do something nasty and have tech requirements higher than a base portal storage :eek: which would force the use of the wonder and fits of rage
  • As a temp building at the start of each chapter to up the storage so you can maximize spells and then delete it at the end of the chapter. Rinse and repeat
  • You want the look of them in your town and have the space to spare to appreciate them (or just visit the wiki for the same view and no impact on your town):p
I know some of the older wonders are badly in need of a revamp, but its sad to see new wonders coming into the game in the same state. Especially when the graphics look so nice. Hopefully a second effect comes into play or a much more powerful single effect which I still can't see it helping vortex.

have you looked at the tech tree? theres a lot of anti PP things in there. you need a lot of the goods that have no limited capacity, in other words, things you wont get out of the PP. Im assuming this is how we go further from now on, so a wonder so late in tech tree that gives you PP, it wouldnt make any sense at all to me.

DeletedUser2630

The outdated goods that want to be too much for my opinion. Each research corresponds to about 2-10 days of production with an alarm clock in hand. Enchanted, of course.

So it seems to me that the race requires about 200 days if I count correctly only for the expired - I hope I count wrong. :(

Lovec Krys

@ExplorerFfff To me it seems that we are forced to have more than 1 of each expired goods manufactory by this. But where to get the extra needed space for it, that is another question.

Biloutte91

i have read this ...

The new quests of this Chapter are to be released with a slight delay, shortly after the new Chapter becomes available.

a "slight" delay ... a few hours or a few days :D:D:D?

Heymrdiedier

i have read this ...

The new quests of this Chapter are to be released with a slight delay, shortly after the new Chapter becomes available.

a "slight" delay ... a few hours or a few days :D:D:D?
:D:D it all depends who says that.
I remember inno saying we will add a use for BP for non diamond players soon. That took a year or 2 :)
In this case i would assume a few days, at least before it goes to live servers, and thats in 2 weeks?