• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 15: The Elvenar

Lovec Krys

@LArsouille Who cares about the quests anyway. Soon after new chapter starts I'll dismiss the non-diamond quests from constructs and the I'll decline Elvenar's quest in next chapter.

Lovec Krys

@LArsouille Well to be honest, I would have to destroy much to be able to do the quests anyway. Constructs had only 2 of each island in my city (no space for more) and this chapter seems to be only 1 of each, so no way to finish the quests anyway (last time I did them was maybe orcs or something before). And with building seconds expired goods factories (I have 1 of each), I'll be lucky if I have enough space for them.

palmira

@LArsouille Well to be honest, I would have to destroy much to be able to do the quests anyway. Constructs had only 2 of each island in my city (no space for more) and this chapter seems to be only 1 of each, so no way to finish the quests anyway (last time I did them was maybe orcs or something before). And with building seconds expired goods factories (I have 1 of each), I'll be lucky if I have enough space for them.

But you have to build a lot of academies otherwise it will take you a year or so to finish the race: to activate the atelier you need 175k studies that are only obtainable in the academy; one academy level 2 (and to upgrade further you need the research that's halfway down in the research tree) produces 990 studies/3h with a lvl6 guild so assuming around 5-6k per day that's a month of production only for the atelier, the agriculture needs another 175k and the factory 180 k. That's non stop productions on the academy for 3 months. Then you have the researches that uses exclusively the productions of these 3. Only in the end of the research tree one can use the portal instants but it will be a long time till we get there. Much longer with just one academy

Lovec Krys

@palmira Well that doesn't sound good... I might get some place from expiring buildings in 3 days, so maybe I'll be at the space I had for Constructs (around 200 fields), but nothing more.
Can't test this on Beta with my almost Amuni city.
I hope they won't overdo the requirements, otherwise they'll recieve many quits.

DeletedUser2734

Wonders: Vortex seems as another waste of space like Blooming trader is.

I don't think Blooming trader is a waste of space. I have it level 6 and use it to bring my spare supplies and gold to the wholesaler.
So it easily replaces 1 T1-Manu.

.... of cause the trader is of no use in the Zodiac event. That is annoying.

Dony

King of Bugs
I dont think research tree is properly balanced for fighters - non premium players. They have only 1 manufactory each from sentient goods,
they dont have elvenar trade center or storm phoenix, because they dont need it, so their MM spell has minimal effect. The numbers should be reconsidered.

Lovec Krys

@Beezle Bug Well, if you have plenty of military wonders where to invest KPs, than Blooming Trader will be at the end of priority to upgrade, therefore for tournament fighting oriented city it is a waste of space.
And Inno developers has shown us that we should have as plenty of T1 manus (and workshops) as possible to be able to play event(s).

@Dony The amount itself is not so big problem, but together with settlement space requirement and number of expansions available it is a problem (and of course the need to use part of that space for additional big T1s and workshops for events - and if you put them in inventory using teleports, and event comes in the middle of the chapter, you're screwed).

And if the portal spells are usable only for the last researches (if that becomes the new standard), then one of the wonders doesn't make any sense.

DeletedUser2803

one academy level 2
The academy is super cheap to build and also has very short construction time. So why not just build more of them? You can sell them afterwards without much off a loss.

palmira

The academy is super cheap to build and also has very short construction time. So why not just build more of them? You can sell them afterwards without much off a loss.

I have 3 of those but I am really short on space until my temporary buildings expire. And some will expire in 10 days, the time for producing the "ideas" needed to research the atelier

DeletedUser3036

does anyone know what is need to up the portal ?

edit: got my answer, thanks :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

@Dony No, it wouldn't be a problem if they provided us enough space to build additional expired good manufactories (with enough seeds for production). But they didn't.

Dony

King of Bugs
@Dony No, it wouldn't be a problem if they provided us enough space to build additional expired good manufactories (with enough seeds for production). But they didn't.
since they didnt, why are you keep talking about what if, and not rather what now with current circumstances?

maxiqbert

the timewarp increases sentient production too, and I'm sure fighters have it

else, you have to use time boosters to increase your sentient production (and leave the event be, it's no good ;) )

edit : is there a 4th level of the portal?
edit 2: and if there is, what is the max storage capacity?
edit 3 : according to elvenarchitect, beta version there is a level 4 with 9000 storage capacity and according to its french version there is a 4th level with a 7500 capacity, which is rather confusing and leads me to the conclusion that there is no 4th level

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

since they didnt, why are you keep talking about what if, and not rather what now with current circumstances?
Ok, you have a point.

Time for some math.
Improved Vault of Visdom: 345K T5.
My 3hrs T5 production (max. lvl + Time Warp lv 16 bonus): 4839.
If I count with 6x 3hrs production/day I get 29034/day (it will be lower since during week I usualy run on 9-3-3-9/9-3-3-3 production).
My decay is 6,2% (Simia on 12).
Day 1: 29034, after decay: 27234
Day 2:56268, after decay: 52779
Day 3:81813, after decay: 76741
Day 4:105775, after decay: 99217
Day 5:128251, after decay: 120299
Day 6:149333, after decay:140075
Day 7:169109, after decay:158624
Day 8:187658, after decay:176023
Day 9:205057, after decay:192344
Day 10:221378, after decay:207652
Day 11:236686, after decay:222012
Day 12:,251046 after decay:235481
Day 13:264515, after decay:248115
Day 14:277149, after decay:259966
Day 15:289000, after decay:271082
Day 16:300116, after decay:281508
Day 17:310542, after decay:291289
Day 18:320323, after decay:300463
Day 19:329497, after decay:309068
Day 20:338102, after decay:317140
Day 21:346174
So yes, finally only 3 weeks for 1 research, and that research is from the first half. Yes, definitively we need more than one of each expired goods manufactories, but where to build them? You didn't give us any space for them.
And the numbers above are valid only if I use expired goods only for research and not for anything else (like Spire or upgrading buildings (at least 24+ lv manus needs it)).

And what about players who doesn't have high level wonders and thus high enough seed production to supply 6+ expired goods manufactories? (like players who recently hit the end tech and didn't spend half year in each chapter)

maxiqbert

"gr10_humancollections": 9000,
"gr10_humanracemanifest": 9000,
"gr10_elvencollections": 9000,
"gr10_elvenracemanifest": 9000

I think this is still moving, as the "improved council hall" text indicates that you should need it to get to level 2, while many of us (me included) have it level 2 without this research

DeletedUser2803

I think it is a good thing that we suddenly need to think about how to solve the chapter, rather than simply going through it without effort in 1,5 months as someone stated before. After all it is the end game content and I would expect a challenge from the end game.

I don't see so much trouble in building a second sentient good manufactory. With powerful event buildings I can save a lot of space on regular manfuctories, at least t2 and t3 which you do not need for the event quests. Simply switch out a regular t3 manufactory with a t6 one. There is not a single tech that needs regular goods directly. And if you need more seeds, there are seed producing buildings in every event as well as in crafting. Also none of the technologies need seeds directly, so there are more available than in earlier chapters.

I'm pretty sure it is possible to do it in a meaningful time if you get creative. I would see it as a challenge, rather than annoyance. And if you got portal refills, you can even dump the settlement after reaching the quests with the capped goods. Which should provide a lot of free space.

Also with the new teleport spell from the spire, which you can get easily from the 4th encounter, you can switch out manfucatories based on what you need right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

@Anec I prefer not to cripple my tournament score, so I'll take this chapter slowly. I just hope that next chapter takes at least as long as this to develop, so I have enough time to finish it before next chapter.