• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [5141] Expansion internal error

DeletedUser

Sorry, I can't understand this. This would already be the second time that this happens to me. How can this be? I follow the gameline and put these expansions that I have worked for. Is the counter wrong or what may cause this miscalculation?

DeletedUser778

This issue is caused by the amount of Research Expansions you have already placed in your city. For some reason, some players had more Research Expansions in their city than they had actually researched. We have fixed that issue with our last update (to version 0.15). It is now also impossible to place those "extra" research expansions that you should not have had in the first place - after the update, the game now checks the amount of expansions you can place before actually placing it. As you already have the correct amount (or in some cases: more than would be the correct amount), you cannot place even more. The Build Menu still displays the expansion as "available", though, which makes it a bit confusing. Premium Expansions and Province Expansions are not affected by this issue.

We hope to have been able to clear up the cause of this issue a bit now. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused by it. Should you have any other questions, you can ask them here or contact our support.

When it's now happening with the second expansion you researched. It implies that you could have placed 2 expansions in the past that weren't researched.
Do you rember sometime when you clicked on the expansions tab in the build menu and thought something like: "Oh another expansion, must have missed it" and placed it?

DeletedUser

No. There has no extra extension been available. Please read my previous post again, I just did an edit there.

The first time this happend to me it has been corrected by the staff and my counting ok again since this. Wonder why so many other ppl are having the same issue...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser778

Hmm when you already calculated with 9, but can't place the ninth expansion you got 2 expensions from somewhere, where you shouldn't get them.
Since you can't remember having placed some research expansion not after just researching it,
the only thing that could otherwise explain it to me would be the province counter bug some time ago, but there the players got an error msg when they tried to place the expansion due to the wrong province counter, maybe some could place them without error?
But this is just a guess that doesn't make sence to me, since the staff here said only research expansions are involved.

DeletedUser

It's getting more and more confusing.... what is going on here...?

I can't remember to have had extra expansions I didn't work for.

DeletedUser

Size of the city is 38 squares.

61 completed provinces = 13 city expansions
9 expansions researched = 9 research expansions
9 expansions bought = 9 (MainHall premium extensions)
6 expansions originally at the beginning

38 - 13 - 9 - 9 - 6 = 1 this means to me: yes, I have to get the new research extension.

Unfortunately I always get the ' Sorry, an internal Error .... ' Message.

Edit:
Maybe there is a misleading information in here:
At the research tree I reached the 9th City expansion - but I can't put it in my City.
In my calc above, this is already counted. So I have to write: 8 expansions because #9 is this one, I cannot set.

My last count at the city extensions menue shows me 64 discovered provinces and I approved this by counting the provinces at my world map. It's alright. 64 provinces = 14 city expansions.

Now the calc:
38 squares

64 completed provinces = 14 city expansions
9 (8) expansions researched = 9 research expansions, but not placeable -1
9 expansions bought = 9 (MainHall premium extensions)
6 expansions originally at the beginning

38 - 14 - 8 - 9 - 6 = 1

There is an error in the research-tree counter or whatever. Something is wrong. Hopefully the staff is getting cleaned up this behaviour, please soon.

DeletedUser504

I have now researched another expansion so now showing 2 available and still getting the error. Your explanation is confusing as I have always placed research expansions as soon as I have researched them so can't see how i could have more placed than I have researched. Is there going to be a fix as it now looks like no matter how many I research it will not allow me to place any research expansions.

DeletedUser

how can you see if you bought an expansion with diamonds ?

DeletedUser778

One can buy one premium expansion with every mainhall level, so you have to take your mainhall level and substract the avaiable amount of premium expansions in the building menu.

For example i have a mainhall level 9 and i could build 7 premium expansions, so 9-7 = 2

DeletedUser504

I have calculated my expansion allowances like the others above and it seems that I am one expansion short which is the one premium expansion i have available. Therefore the two City Expansions available are expansions I shouldn't have, it will be good if the error would result in a fix to remove these two expansions to show none available

DeletedUser778

My last count at the city extensions menue shows me 64 discovered provinces and I approved this by counting the provinces at my world map. It's alright. 64 provinces = 14 city expansions.
The bug back then was, that when you completed a province it was counted twice until a page refresh, so you could complete a province and the congratulation screen was telling you: "you need 3 more provinces for the next expansion", but in reality you would need 4 since the last counted twice.
So when you completed a province when you would need 2 more it says that you have a new province expansion avaibale, after placing it you got an error and after reloging the count was right again and the expansion not placed.

CAUTION: WILD GUESSING
I could imagine that somehow maybe some people didn't get an error, but expansions they should not have, so everything looks fine to them until now.
That couldn't explain that the issue should only affect research expansions, but maybe the database could not handle wrongly counted province expansions and made them research expansions.

Math do not lie, so some people unfortunatly have to much expansions right now and we have to wait until the devs find out what caused it to get our anwsers why.

DeletedUser628

If you're not sure of the number of expansions you have placed or it appears you have a wrong count, please contact support. They'll be able to check and verify the situation. A manual calculation of your expansions is fine, but if there is something wrong with the count you cannot locate it that way (as for the most part you're "assuming" where the expansions came from and cannot confirm their source for sure). The support staff will be able to check your information.

As previously mentioned, the start of the issue could have happened at any point in the past, that is yet to be identified. But it's easy to place additional expansions without being suspicious of them or questioning where they came from. You get an expansion and go to place it, you see two and happily go place both thinking you must have forgotten that previous ones (not necessarily the scenario for anyone, just an example).

DeletedUser894

This issue is caused by the amount of Research Expansions you have already placed in your city. For some reason, some players had more Research Expansions in their city than they had actually researched. We have fixed that issue with our last update (to version 0.15). It is now also impossible to place those "extra" research expansions that you should not have had in the first place - after the update, the game now checks the amount of expansions you can place before actually placing it. As you already have the correct amount (or in some cases: more than would be the correct amount), you cannot place even more. The Build Menu still displays the expansion as "available", though, which makes it a bit confusing. Premium Expansions and Province Expansions are not affected by this issue.

We hope to have been able to clear up the cause of this issue a bit now. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused by it. Should you have any other questions, you can ask them here or contact our support.

So my research tree shows 20 expansions. I just unlocked expansions 15 and 16. If I am not supposed to have them then why do they show up in the research tree?

DeletedUser

@MagicLucy:
1 means u have one expansion more the u should have.
0 = You have the amount of expansion you should have.
<0 = You have less expansions then you should have
>0 = You have more expansions the you should have

I try to make it a bit more clear:
Your city currently consists of 38 expansions.
Subtracting 6 originals, 9 premiums and 14 from provinces gives you 9 remaining, those are the ones that need researches 1-9. To place an additional research expansion you need to research 'City Expansion 10'.

DeletedUser751

If you're not sure of the number of expansions you have placed or it appears you have a wrong count, please contact support... .

on the page to open a support ticket:
Known issues
Internal Server Error when placing a Research Expansion
We are aware of the issue where the game gives an internal server error when placing a Research Expansion. There is no need to report this issue anymore: it will be taken care of.

Now, tell me please what to do. Do I have to contact support, even they announced that I should not contact them for that issue? Very confusing

Marindor

Hi @Defcon6 . If you just wanted to report the issue: There's no need for that. We are aware of it and an explanation can be found in this thread. If you want to know the exact numbers of researched expansions and actually placed research expansions for your account, you are always free to send us a support ticket so we can take a look for you. :)

DeletedUser

In fact I'd already research Expansion #9 in the research tree. So to get the 'next valid expansion' I'll have to resarch #10..... aha. I'd appreciate a quick fix of this issue.
My idea what happend is, that at #7 and #8 city expansion at the research tree a miscounting occured.
Until this point the counter worked as he should after the fixing of the last counterproblem when the counter counted wrong.:confused: