• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [5141] Expansion internal error

DeletedUser967

I forgot something - one expansion I unlock from Research, second I get from provinces but now don't remember what was first.
Always I placed expansions after research that or after done required provinces - NEVER had a "extra" expansion. If I research that expansion and get it from provinces WHY I can't to do place it?

So....what now?

DeletedUser

I have the same problem too. I unlocked an expansion in the research menu yesterday and got the same internal error message when I tried to place it in my city. Then when I click ok on the error message the game restarts. I have tried several times always with the same result.

I am sorry but I don't understand the explaination about having too many expansions in my city already. All my expansions have come from unlocking them either in the research menu or on the province map.

Attachments

• elvenarerror.jpg
    elvenarerror.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 150

DeletedUser1009

Hell I unlocked it just now and tried placing it and it craps out on me.

Regardless of previous unlocked expansions or whatever, wether the game screwed up there or not, I just unlocked one and I should be bable to place one. How is it my fault the game screwed up before?
That should not matter, and I should still be able to place it as I just researched it.
What else is the research good for? Wasting KP and good for nothing?

Marindor

Hell I unlocked it just now and tried placing it and it craps out on me.

Regardless of previous unlocked expansions or whatever, wether the game screwed up there or not, I just unlocked one and I should be bable to place one. How is it my fault the game screwed up before?
That should not matter, and I should still be able to place it as I just researched it.
What else is the research good for? Wasting KP and good for nothing?

As soon as your number of researched expansions matches the number of placed expansions (so also the expansions that you placed while you shouldn't have been able to place them in the first place), all new researched expansions can be placed again.

For anyone encountering these issues: If you want to know the exact numbers for your account of Research Expansions that you have already placed and that you should have been able to place (to count how many more you'll need for the next one), please send us a support ticket so we can inform you on it!

DeletedUser118

May I asked how something like getting too many expansions could have happened? Did we recieve too many for not enough provinces or is it the fault of the rearranged reaserch tree? I have also bought some, do these count as well?

I haven't had the error message yet but I also never thought about if any expansion was ok at that moment or not... o_O

Marindor

This only accounts for Research Expansions. Where exactly it went wrong in the past, is not yet known. We're still investigating that, but some players have been able to build more Research Expansions than they should, according to their actual researched expansions.

DeletedUser

We're still investigating that, but some players have been able to build more Research Expansions than they should, according to their actual researched expansions.
What do you mean?

DeletedUser751

Same here - I unlocked 2 expansions (research) today and I'm not able to place them.

DeletedUser

Same here - I unlocked 1 expansion in the tech-tree yesterday and tried to place it now - few minutes ago. Got the same error described above. Tried again, same error.

DeletedUser778

As soon as your number of researched expansions matches the number of placed expansions (so also the expansions that you placed while you shouldn't have been able to place them in the first place), all new researched expansions can be placed again.
So for you people encountering this issue could you calculate what you should have and have right now?
For me i have a 20 x 40 city minus one 5 x 5 square, so 4 x 8 - 1 expansions = 31
- with 6 you begin with
- i have completed 69 six provinces, so according to the wiki 15 expansions
- i have 8 expansions researched
- i have bought 2 expansions
31 - 6 - 15 - 8 - 2 = 0
So i should have the right amount and when i research the next one i should be able to place it, if not it's a new bug and nothing with too much expansions in the past.
Unfortunatly it takes some days for me to get the next research expansion, but all who encountered the issue could do the math.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

Hmm this sounds interesting.

So lets see: Size of the city is 41 squares.

72 complete provinces = 15 expansions
14 expansions researched
6 expansions bought
6 expansions originally at the beginning

41 - 15 - 14 - 6 - 6 = 0

Should be ok then too I suppose.

DeletedUser

I will also check .
Now I have 22 extensions.
39 complete provinces = 10 expansions
6 expansions researched

22 - 10 - 6 - 6 = 0

All is well with me :)

DeletedUser395

For me i have a 6 x 8 city minus one 5 x 5 square = 47

- with 6 you begin with

- i have completed 80 provinces, so according to the wiki 16 expansions

- i have 12 expansions researched

- i have bought 12 expansions

47 - 6 - 16 - 12 - 12 = 1 :(:(:(

DeletedUser967

From that what support told me this one expansion which you can't buy is next expansion in your tree - you have no unclocked that but you can place it( NOW you can't what is good ) and when you research that technology for this one expansion then you unlock second - next expansion from tree which is not unlock.

It's strange but it is. Impossible is to have less expansions, maybe you forgot something but if you are sure of this "1" expansion write ticket to support for more information how many expansions you actually have etc

DeletedUser778

WOOOO a neighbour in the Forum! :)
Hi and welcome sisik :D
Sorry for OT :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Size of the city is 38 squares.

61 completed provinces = 13 city expansions
9 expansions researched = 9 research expansions
9 expansions bought = 9 (MainHall premium extensions)

38 - 13 - 9 - 9 - 6 = 1 this means to me: yes, I have to get the new research extension.

Unfortunately I always get the ' Sorry, an internal Error .... ' Message.

Edit:
Maybe there is a misleading information in here:
At the research tree I reached the 9th City expansion - but I can't put it in my City.
In my calc above, this is already counted. So I have to write: 8 expansions because #9 is this one, I cannot set.

Last edited by a moderator: