• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [5141] Expansion internal error

DeletedUser

I am having a good discussion with support about this issue but still, here on the forum, wants to mention my greeves.
I (and other people too) were playing the game "as is". When i got an offer of an expansion, i will buy, fight or research for it.
So simple.
True, Elvenar is in beta and issues can happen. But hey! Keep us beta-players satisfied!

I researched yesterday my 9th expansion and i cannot use it. I need now another 350 KP to reach another expansion by research. Very frustrating!

So i.m.o. help us out of this!

greetings from the Netherlands.
Willem

DeletedUser

How can we progress as we plan if we can't have what we expect ?
I win 45 provinces , i reach province expansion nine, my main hall is level 9, i can buy 3 premium expansion that means that i have already bought some expansions with diamonds.
I invest in this game because i like it : the decorations are gorgeous and the game peaceful.
But if the dev make a mistake why the gamers pay it ?
Why innogames don't "offer" to all the players this expansion ?
After, the counters can be "reiniatilized and the problem be behind us !And the PRINCIPAL : PLEASURE OF GAMING be preserved !

DeletedUser628

Just to be clear, there is no loss of expansions due to this issue. A player either has the correct amount of expansions or they've had extra, which somehow slipped through the cracks at an earlier stage. The issue here is that the expansions appear as available, when they shouldn't. You cannot have that expansion because if you have it you'll be ahead of everyone else, you'll always have one or two expansions more from other players. The error that is displayed will be resolved, the issue has been passed onto the developers.

If you believe you're missing an expansion or aren't sure about your expansion count, please do contact support. Thank you for your patience.

DeletedUser

This error occured for me now aswell.
I have read the Thread and also the explanation why this error occurs. I can in fact remember a scenario 2-3 weeks ago, where i wanted to place an expansion and wondered why there where 2 available and how i could have missed one.
So i can accept the consequences resulting from this error when the display of this irregular expansion gets fixed in the future aswell.

However what i cannot accept is the los in resources suffered from this error. As the requirements differ depending on how high the researched expansion was in the Tree. I for expample encountered this error with expansion 11. And the needed resources differ from when i would have encountered this error with lets say expansion 6.
So this issue needs to be adressed!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

I've just reached expansion 15 in my research tree and I could place it without any error messages showing, so I guess I'm not affected by the error so far.

DeletedUser1163

I hate it when the game gets an update. All sorts of problems usually happen after the game has been updated. I am still receiving the internal error message when I try to place a city expansion. So I guess the problem has been answered and cannot be fixed. According to Muf-Muf, we have to ignore City Expansions because the amount of Research Expansions already placed in the city has reached its limit. The Build Menu still displays the expansion as "available". Premium Expansions and Province Expansions are not affected by this issue. This is to be expected I guess when you play a Beta game. We players are the ones testing the game to sort out the bugs.

DeletedUser481

Game isnt goin .... nothin new from Inno .... over and close.

DeletedUser1163

Now I cannot even log into the game. Saw an announcement that said there's network problems. There's probably so many people playing that the servers cannot handle the overload. Well, I think I'll make some cookies.

We have performed a hotfix today to fix the issue with the Research Expansions, where some players were able to place more Research Expansions in their town, even though they had not yet unlocked them. In case you had too many Research Expansions in your town because of the bug, you won't get a new Research Expansion to place until you have the right number again. So, to summarize: the bug has been fixed, and the counter is correct again.

We have just performed an hotfix to fix this issue.

DeletedUser1166

I am currently having the same issue, and I unlocked the expansion a few days ago.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Please be aware that today's hotfix fixed the fact that you got to see expansions that couldn't be placed. However, both expansion counters still have to match, to be able to place new research expansions. As explained earlier, some players got too many Research Expansions in the past. The game now checks your number of researched Research Expansions, compares it to the actual number of placed Research Expansions and when the counters match, you'll be able to see and place a new Research Expansion. Should you have placed too many Research Expansions in the past already, the game will now require you to first research more Expansions, so the counters match again, and after that will start to give you new expansions again when you unlock them in the tech tree. It's kind of complicated, so hopefully this clarifies it a bit. Should you wish to know the exact numbers for your account, please feel free to send us a support ticket so we can look for you :)

DeletedUser

I have same issue since a few days...It has been a few city expansions I have unlocked in the tech tree, but in buildings window its still in grey...It's been like the third city expansion unlocked like that...S I am missing all that. Please help.

DeletedUser

One can buy one premium expansion with every mainhall level, so you have to take your mainhall level and substract the avaiable amount of premium expansions in the building menu.

For example i have a mainhall level 9 and i could build 7 premium expansions, so 9-7 = 2
...assuming the counter is correct.

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

Please be aware that today's hotfix fixed the fact that you got to see expansions that couldn't be placed. However, both expansion counters still have to match, to be able to place new research expansions. As explained earlier, some players got too many Research Expansions in the past. The game now checks your number of researched Research Expansions, compares it to the actual number of placed Research Expansions and when the counters match, you'll be able to see and place a new Research Expansion. Should you have placed too many Research Expansions in the past already, the game will now require you to first research more Expansions, so the counters match again, and after that will start to give you new expansions again when you unlock them in the tech tree. It's kind of complicated, so hopefully this clarifies it a bit. Should you wish to know the exact numbers for your account, please feel free to send us a support ticket so we can look for you :)

A bug has been fixed, but the issue remains: Players are being forced to spend KP and resources on expansions which they cannot/will not get. As I understand it, the problem arose when the research tree was updated, and the number of expansions we could research was reduced. So it isn't a matter of getting a "free" research expansion, but one of the counters not matching. Why do we need to pay for research in order to correct the counter error?

DeletedUser

I have submitted the following request for service:
"I have completed research on "City Expansion 8." I cannot place the expansion, and the counter in the build window shows "0."
I did not receive any "free" expansions, as suggested by moderators in the forums.
I will not research any more expansions in order to correct a counter error, which was created by rearranging the research tree.
Please review my activity log (not just the counters, which are apparently in error) and correct the necessary counters to allow me to place the researched expansion.
Thank you."​
I suggest the above text for support tickets.
(The actual research I am not able to place is "City Expansion 7." I have notified Support of my error.")

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

A bug has been fixed, but the issue remains: Players are being forced to spend KP and resources on expansions which they cannot/will not get.

So it isn't a matter of getting a "free" research expansion, but one of the counters not matching. Why do we need to pay for research in order to correct the counter error?

Let me try to clarify this a bit more. You're not forced to spend anything on expansions you won't get, but in fact you already got these expansions too soon in the game (without them being unlocked in the tech tree yet). In that way, this bug kind of works in your favor. It is true that the game is now correcting this mistake by comparing the counters of researched expansions and actually placed Research Expansions so for now you won't have an "extra" benefit by unlocking these techs at this moment, but in fact: You are already experiencing the benefit of having been able to place these research expansions before they were actually researched.

You did not get these expansions "for free" by the way. The game just unlocked too many Research Expansions for you to place, so you have paid for them just like you always should, they just came available to you too early. That's not your fault, it was a bug that gave you a little benefit and is now corrected by the game itself. As soon as the number of your actually placed Research Expansions matches the number of unlocked Research Expansions in your tech tree, you will be able to place any newly researched Research Expansions again. No expanions have been removed here: You were always able to unlock a total of 20 Research Expansions and that's still the case. Should you wish to know the exact number per Expansion type for your account, please ask us for that information through a support ticket and we'll provide it to you, so you can compare these numbers to your own findings when you count your total number of squares in your city :)

DeletedUser

I guess I just don't remember placing an expansion before it was active. If I had noticed it, I would have reported it as a bug. I will assume your explanation is correct, and my brain is like this piece of Swiss cheese. [holds up slice of Swiss cheese.] I'm sorry I did not notice this at the time, else I would have reported it. I have failed in my duty as a Beta Tester... [hangs head in shame.]