• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

palmira

Actually, there is nothing to try on the convince feature unless you want to try how lucky you are. But as luck is random ( and always benefits the "house") this is just a black hole for resources I have no intention to play with. To make it really a logic game the number of attempts should be at least tripled so we would have a fair chance of winning without spending (a lot of) diamonds. As it is, the chance of winning is so small to be zero.

palmira

But what is of greater concern to me is that the need for being lucky to get result - or especially pay diamonds if you are unlucky – is being shamelessly exploited. The first few convince-confrontations can be done in 3 guesses by using logic, the later with 7 possible items and 5 ghosts to convince is no longer doable in 3 guesses by using logic, it comes down to get lucky or pay real money.

If you want this feature to go as is on live, you seriously need to reconsider the minimum age for this game. In the apple store the recommended age is 4+ for Elvenar! For me this is unacceptable since young children are not capable yet to make an informed decision about how much to spend!

Uau, 7 items; 5 ghosts that's 7^5 solutions so 16807 solutions: that is 15x more possible solutions then in mastermind (where we have 12 possible moves....). There is no way anyone can consider this a game of logic, this is simply a (russian) roulette you have to increase the number of attempts. anyone considering doing this will loose for sure a huge amount of goods having no limit for more then 5 goods seems reasonable

Last edited:

maxiqbert

IMHO 3 attempts is right up to 4 ressources. For 5 or 6 ressources you need at least 4 attempts, and then for more (didn't get that far) a5th attempt is needed

DeletedUser724

Uau, 7 items; 5 ghosts that's 7^5 solutions so 16807 solutions: that is 15x more possible solutions then in mastermind (where we have 12 possible moves....). There is no way anyone can consider this a game of logic, this is simply a (russian) roulette you have to increase the number of attempts. anyone considering doing this will loose for sure a huge amount of goods having no limit for more then 5 goods seems reasonable

not like that
5 ghost with 7 item
throw 5 item to test run... it will tell whether it is 1 of items,
e.g. u throw 5 item out of 7 item
it say 3 item ok but not correct in position , 2 item not ok (never choice this again)
re-arrange the "ok" 3 item in different posiiton, add remaining 2 item
if it give u 4 item ok but not in position, 1 item not ok, it mean 1 of 4 item ok is repeated
then try to figure out which one is repeated

if any item ok with position corrected, then posiiton is frozen forever...
it is matter of moving item in correct position

but u have 3 chance
like the above description, u already use 2 chance
3rd chance is still moving item around to test

it is highly likely u will use 4th chance or 5 th chance to reach right position...
that is to use , u need diamond twice

In FoE, similar method is used...usually I solve puzzle 50% with 3 chance, 30% with 4 chance, 19% with 5 chance, 1% with more than 5 chance

But as diamond is not given by Elvenar beta, so I would not waste tons of diamond to test , like the other reply say more than 400 diamond but only get 15 diamond back...not worth

Karvest

To be a logic game number of attempts should be the same as number of suggested resources capped at 6 (assuming there can't be more than 8 types of resources). Even without diamonds such setup is a huge sink for resources. If inno want to make profit not from spent resources but from additional attempts it should be not more than 1 attempt less than required for this to be a logic game.
And even without diamonds I can not afford such waste of resources for such prizes.

Deleted User - 60107

A nice little reminder how important it is to get lucky in the Spire:
SpireLucky.png

ferrari13

With the manual fights I could complete the first map (in an earlier spire), now went to the half of the first map with fighting. Then I completed the remainging encounters (on all 3 maps) with diplomacy (I'm familiar with the feature from FoE), except 3-4 encounters.

e.g. in the middle of the 3rd map I've completed a manual fight (original squadsize 3200, in spire ~7500). I've lost 4 squads of treant during the 2 waves --> 5000 treant, which costs about 435.000 supplies (and takes 15 hours to train). The reward was 10% supply, which is 410.000 supplies (end of tech tree). So I spent 15 hours training time, and 10 minutes to complete the fight and lost about 25.000 supplies. The same for the other encounters. Solution: reduce the suadsize drastically.

The implementation of the diplomacy is good, I think it is better, then in FoE (implementation = look, how you interact with the system). It's easier to use, don't take too much unnecessary clicking. But the balancing is really bad (like the fights). The only thing which maybe acceptable is the tier 1-3 goods. Mana, seeds and tier 4-5 too much, especially if someone is in middle of a chapter. (no tier 6, which is ok because I'm in the chapter where it was announced, but it would be better if it would require it if all the techs are completed).

So while I completed all the maps, I used about 4-5x my coin and supply storage (~160.000.000 coins and ~16.000.000 supplies), more than 100.000 seeds, I'm not sure about mana, but over 500.000, some orks (I have too many of them to recognise the changed, so I maybe I used a lot), and I don't know how many tier 1-5 goods (but also a lot, like 10000 marbles per offer).

What I get? About 1x my coin and supply storage (maybe a bit more), some diamond (~100-150, but used about the same amount to buy extra guessing rounds), some portal profits (my """"main"""" rewards (last boss) was a 25% one, and somewhere was some 5-10%), some catalists (max. 10), a lot of spell fragments, some time instants (maybe ~10 hours, but used a lot more to open the gates - like 100 hours maybe (the cost of all gate time)) and one building (traiding station, which produces 10% portal profit in 48 hours and expires in 50 days, so at maximum it is 240%). I don't remember any other rewards, and maybe I'm mistaken in some numbers, but you can see the cost-reward ratio.

When there are 5 types of goods, it is doable, but in the last boss there are 8 types of goods, which is too much, and needs 3-5 times to get it right, so you can count it 20x the cost of one offer, and that will be the cost.

The rewards should be much better, we mentioned a lot of possible options above. But also a cost-reduction is needed, because we can't produce that much resources, to complete it every week.
And not the same rewards on all of the chest, and all of the map (the rewards on the 3rd map are about the same as on the 1st map)

Also it works the same, as in FoE. But the difference is that the costs there are a lot less. A normal encounter there costs several hundred of goods, but the "diplomacy" there requires only 1-4 (and only the 4th map (there it has 4 maps, the 4th is very hard - like here the 1st :D ) requires a bit more). So the cost is way less, then a single encounter on the map. But here, it is way more --> people won't play it. Also the rewards there are much better. And the diamond cost of missing goods are way cheaper there (5 diamonds per good, here if you don't have 1-2k, it is over 50 --> people don't buy it for that much cost). To buy an extra round in FoE is 10 diamonds, which is ok. Here 25, too much (if it were 10, more people would buy it --> more diamonds in sum). And there the first encounters on each map require only 2 kind of goods, than 3, and so on (I don't know the first half of the first map, but the others started with more rounds)

And again it is the same (except of balancing - which have to be corrected first). It could be better if there will be some extras in it. Like some players said, if they don't take what they need, it would reduce the costs by a bit. Or some other ideas, like:
  • when a spirit got what they needed, you can't offer them more. If you could offer them anything else it could increase the chance to find the right combination (you know you will lose those resources, but offer them to see if anyone else needs it or not) --> more logic.
  • exploration (you give them one kind of good (let's say 10k marbles) and they say if anybody needs it. And it doesn't cost any round. Also this could be limited, like 3 rounds and 3 exploration 'round' - it would be much more logic based, like when to use those exploration rounds).
  • ignoring a person (spirit). You can decide to not to pay to e.g. one person, and it is completed if the other 4 has the resources they needed. Or it can be limited to the whole map / spire, that let's say you can ignore a spirit 10 times, and use when you want --> more logic.
  • or the same to goods. In X amount of times (let's say 10 times) you can say that I don't want to pay with this good - so it can be with 1 good less --> easier, but you have to decide when to use thet option (can't use on every encounter) --> more logic
  • why all encounters have 5 spirits? And why there are always 3 rounds? You could change these as well to make it more interesting
  • chance for extra rounds, the rewards could contain some extra round 'instants', which can be used in a later encounter to increase our chance there (e.g. on a boss). So more logic on when to use them
  • it is good that the goods changes when you lose, but it would be great if we can change some goods (and not have to spend some (a lot) to do one round and get new ones). e.g. you can select one resource (only once) before every convincing to an other random resource. This way you can optimize your losses.
  • they can accept more goods. One is the main resource they want, and the other is an 'ok' one. The convincing is success, when most of the spirits (3 of 5) got there main resource and the other ones at least there 'ok' one (or they also got they main resource). If one got they main resource, they don't accept any other one (like now). But when you gave them an 'ok' one, you can choose between you offer them an other one to guess the main one, or don't offer a new, and stick with the 'ok' one (and try to convince the others) --> way more logic
  • Every spirit would have a require item (like 5% gold instant, a rune, some spells, units...). If you decide the give them those, you don't have to convince, so don't have to pay for them --> more opportunities, especially in the later rounds
  • If you convinced one successly, but can't convince all ones (at the and of all rounds - so you failed), you could get a reduce on costs next time. So if you failed once, (you get new types of resources like now and) the amounts are reduced to say 75%. The next time you lose the same encounter, the costs reduced to 50% or so... (also the initial costs should be reduced to the current amount like I said before) --> less losses, more likely to peoply try it again.
  • You can have hints at the beginning of the convincing. Every spirit tells you one resource that don't required (it may needed for other spirits) --> more logic

Heymrdiedier

ooh, does anyone know what happens when you loose connection during a convince? when doing combat, you get a popup that allows you to continue the fight, did they add something similar for convincing? i havent tested it myself yet.

Maillie

After finishing Constructs some time ago I decided to pick up an old city that had been abandoned since the days of the culture and pop takeaway when I logged on to find I had -436 population. I got it running again, but moving into Orcs has been almost a nightmare of constantly needing coins and supplies, along with most other things. In my main city I need none of those. To get a prize of Coin Rain or Supply Windfall is extremely beneficial to the small city, as is any relics I might get. The same things are pretty useless to the big city. Most that I talk to hate the choice percentages, they seem to agree that they always get something they don't need and I, personally, would prefer to choose based on what my city could use.

CrazyWizard

i think i have a good idea of what the wonders in next chapter will do.... only sad you have to ignore 14 chapters before spire is worth doing then.
Same that its kinda sad that you need to ignore 13 chapters in tournament, before you can do 6 rounds on your own pace.

Could it be an idea to reposition some of the wonders to other positions to fix this issue?
i'll guess one of the wonders will add some extra turns.

edeba

Should do one or two rounds of trying to convince and then switch to battle the ones you could not negotiate... Why just battle or just convince and not a mixture?

Dony

King of Bugs
I think nobody from whole Elvenar community likes Lottery in Elvenar, its just not fun, if one guy get 35+ daily prizes and second guy barelly 10, then you can ask the later one how fun it was, more like frustration then fun.

After first iteration of Spire is done this are my thoughts how to improve it.

Big discrepancy in balance of game is 25 diamonds per next try, because healing 1 dead squad in Spire cost 200-300 diamonds (chapter 14), why fighters should pay 10 times more? Diamonds cost should be either scaled per player progress (not good option), squad size should be reduced to a point where healing 1 dead squad costs 25 diamonds or healing any dead squad should cost 25 diamonds regardless of squad size (just for Spire).

Moonstone library Set should be buffed same way as chess set was few weeks ago, or even make it scale by magic academy level, why should player with MA lvl1 get same amount of fragments then player with MA lvl5?

The fact that negotiators need to actually win coin and supplies from Spire to progress is bad design, because fighters should get same alterantive and even if they get, both groups will just even their loses and get no gains. Thats the reason why tournaments are far superior to Spire, you get much more there then you lose.

Some maps from map pools must be removed or reversed so its better for us and not enemy with 2-3 wave encounters, this has nothing to do with challenge its just retarded.

I would add 1 more layer of rewards which will reflect progress much better. Implement new currency (i will call it Spire token)
Every encounter you win you will get 1 token, once you reach the end of the map and kill final boss, new merchant will appear, and that merchant will sell stuff for tokens. Merchant on map 2 will have better loot, and merchant on map 3 will have best loot.
For example 5 AWKP for 1 token on first merchant, 7 AWKP for 1 token on second merchant and 10 AWKP for 1 token on last merchant. If you start to complain that its too much then let me tell you that average tournament player gains more every single week in KPs (which devs value more then AWKP). Players can make strategic choices how they want to push Spire and where to spend tokens.
Another things which merchants can sell are best recipes from MA (so we can use all that materials we gain from Spire) aka: combat buildings, 50-100% coin rains, 50-100% supplies instant, 50 relics of 1 type per token/s (yes there are players not on the end of tech tree which needs more relics now with crafting if they actually want to use crafting regularly), units per type for tokens, 1 Try for diplomacy for 10 tokens, 1 free reroll on MA for tokens, artifact for 200 tokens (1 month of full Spire clearing every week) and many other great rewards, where players will get exactly what they need and want after their hard work in Spire on top of all the random rewards they get now. You can only buy things when killing last bosses while gate is on cooldown.

To make it even more interesting, every token you get will give you 10 ranking points (similar to how you get ranking points from world map provinces clears). This will be quite important for archmages to know once this feature will implement multiplayer element into it for recruiting purposes.

To make it even more interesting bosses could give more tokens (and merchants scaled based on this) like normal encounter 1 token, medium encouters 2 tokens, stage boss 3 token, last boss 5 tokens.

Now a bit of Diplomacy, when i first tried it i thought that if 2 same spirit shows there are 2 options which could happen, both spirits wants same resources or both spirits never wants the same resource, unfortunatelly, in Spire both options can happen, which removes 1 perfect logic puzzle from it, so i definitelly think 1 of that 2 options need to be done to make it more logic.
1. 2 same spirits will always require same resource
2. 2 same spirits will always require different resource, never the same
Yes there are encounters with 5 different spirits where this can not be used, but for others it can be easily done.

Dony

King of Bugs
I can't see my resources while in the Spire. Only my Diamonds are shown, but not the rest of my resources. There's plenty of space, so the resources can be displayed the exact same way as in the city. So why aren't they?
I think this should be implemented similar to how army is showed based on actual squad size in armory camp or in army selection screen. There is enough space to make new window or table left to the encounter/diplomacy window, where every resource will be recalculated based on actual offers needed (if i have 100k seeds in storage and 1 offer asks for 10k seeds, it should be shown as i have 10 offers of seeds left, and this will be recalculated on every encounter). I lost many resources just because on 3rd turn i have run out of resources and had to leave diplomacy and waste my whole progress just to go to the city to replenish it. It should be easily be shown how many offers we have even before clicking on convince button. For some people is hard to calculated when 1 offer asks for 690k coins how many possible offers i have left.

UlyssesBlue

I would add 1 more layer of rewards which will reflect progress much better. Implement new currency (i will call it Spire token)
Every encounter you win you will get 1 token, once you reach the end of the map and kill final boss, new merchant will appear, and that merchant will sell stuff for tokens. Merchant on map 2 will have better loot, and merchant on map 3 will have best loot.
For example 5 AWKP for 1 token on first merchant, 7 AWKP for 1 token on second merchant and 10 AWKP for 1 token on last merchant. If you start to complain that its too much then let me tell you that average tournament player gains more every single week in KPs (which devs value more then AWKP). Players can make strategic choices how they want to push Spire and where to spend tokens.
Another things which merchants can sell are best recipes from MA (so we can use all that materials we gain from Spire) aka: combat buildings, 50-100% coin rains, 50-100% supplies instant, 50 relics of 1 type per token/s (yes there are players not on the end of tech tree which needs more relics now with crafting if they actually want to use crafting regularly), units per type for tokens, 1 Try for diplomacy for 10 tokens, 1 free reroll on MA for tokens, artifact for 200 tokens (1 month of full Spire clearing every week) and many other great rewards, where players will get exactly what they need and want after their hard work in Spire on top of all the random rewards they get now. You can only buy things when killing last bosses while gate is on cooldown.
[...]
To make it even more interesting bosses could give more tokens (and merchants scaled based on this) like normal encounter 1 token, medium encouters 2 tokens, stage boss 3 token, last boss 5 tokens.

I love the idea of chests containing a spire-specific currency, which can be spent at a merchant to purchase prizes of your choice. This would make all the chests with nothing but booby prizes worthwhile.