• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Deleted User - 60107

Hi @shadowblack - are you playing on a computer? If so, when I moved my mouse over the choices my amounts did display. Is that what you meant or did I misunderstand?
Yes, I am on PC. I am talking about this:
Spire.png
Plenty of space to the side, so why not use it?

Calenmir

Did another round still fun with the guessing (though I did fail in the last round), but prizes or rather two of the prizes I won weren't fun for me (coin rain, supply boost) There was a chance to win a time boost, but sadly I didn't win. Ok, so that's not helpful, I know.

It did become harder to guess once a 5th option of orcs was added to the mix. Even with the removal of one option I didn't make it - I didn't choose to use diamonds to open the round again, though I have some. But I expected that it would get harder.

It's all about 'guessing' right and that makes it a bit fun but at the moment it's not enticing me to continue - I always sucked at that game show The Price is Right so while I make take another turn at it next week it would only be for the 'easier' rounds.

palmira

I am on the cool down time for the 2nd stage I did the first stage fighting I didn't even notice the negotiation was on. Pretty bad prizes as usual, this time not even 30 diamonds in the last chest, just a 5% portal instant, sigh. I will test the negotiation aka roulette system tomorrow but by the above comments it seems negotiation is not an option (and sure not worth 6h in time instants...)

PS: If we fail after the 3 attempts, what happens? We will have another go with different prices or will we have to fight?

Karvest

The "logic" aspect of minigame is blown away as soon as more than 3 types of resources is suggested. Then it becomes just a gambling with no way of guaranteed win (unless you pay diamonds to continue). So it's like give us a bunch of resources to have a X% chance (the further you go - the lower is X) of getting a chest which will give you useless items with a very high chance.
Also spend some time doing that without making silly mistakes, or your chances would be closer to zero. And wait for the gates to make your game schedule less comfortable.

Deleted User - 60107

A few tips for the guessing game:
In the begining you have 3 rounds and 3 possible resources, so use only one resource per round. First round: Just coins. Second: Just supplies. Third (if there is a third at all): Just the third resource.

Once you have four or more resources it's best to try 5 DIFFERENT resources on the first round. This lets you outright eliminate at least some of the resources. If you are lucky you might even guess some resources, making it easier to guess for the remaining two rounds. If you are UNlucky, however, you might end up needing 4 (or ewven all 5) resources and no correct guesses. In such cases it's best to just cut your losses and give up, then start over. You wiull get a new set of resources and new demands.

Alpha-74

Convince it's roulette, I give up
with more than 3 test without diamonds it would be reflection but there ....

I tried 3 times with 5 resources, I lost:(

Last edited:

Potvorisko

I like the diplomatic feature, it is fun and it makes me think. Bravo. But...playing the spire still isnt worth the costs it requires...so. I tried and I am not doing it again until I have reason.

iDavis

I like this diplomacy feature. If everything stays in current version and difficulty even after live release, I will definitely prefer negotiating. The only problem I do really have - rewards. They are not worth even half of what I put into spire. Devs should definitely consider a change.
I do really miss ranking points as a reward - just something to make it able for players to see, who is how much participating in spire. Something like tournaments.

Lovec Krys

Just tested and I don't enjoy the gambling roulette, I prefer the old cattering style.
Although I was able to get much further than with fighting (6th chest vs 2nd chest), after third failed trial of doing the 6th chest I gave up.
Maybe I can gamble for the catalysts if they are in the first chests, and if the price is not too big for endgame city (on beta I have Halfing city, on live I have finished tech tree) once this gets to the live servers, but I will definitively not fight with so insanely large armies and the bribing roulette allows me to only gamble the first few chests.

Edit: After one more attempt I went through the first 8 chests, getting Mana plant from the last one.
And now I can enjoy the 3 hrs timer (which means I'll continue tomorow afternoon after work because in 3 hrs I'll be sleeping and then I'll have no time to play spire until afternoon, so 3 hrs timer changes to almost 20 hrs).
Altough my strategy in this roulette is better now, I still don't enjoy it.

Last edited:

Avenahar

convince.jpg

First turn and it occurred several times before with other chests. I expect at least "wrong person" so that I can change my strategy. Strategy! Not simply luck! To convince means to have a chance with every offer I make that at least one needs it. But this result is not acceptable.
"Find the right combination" is not possible, if one offer doesn't fit in any combination.

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

View attachment 6023
First turn and it occurred several times before with other chests. I expect at least "wrong person" so that I can change my strategy. Strategy! Not simply luck! To convince means to have a chance with every offer I make that at least one needs it. But this result is not acceptable.
"Find the right combination" is not possible, if one offer doesn't fit in any combination.
i dont get it, this just makes it easier? just put 1 of each possibility up for all the ghosts, if one or more gets a red mark your in luck you have less resources to worry about. If none turn red, and none go green either, i think its better to stop the convince attempt and retry from scratch..
Ive played this in FoE, and i loved it there, but theres you can easily get 4 turns, which is really needed imo. also costs in FoE is a bit less :)

DeletedUser1657

Diplomacy feels too much like gambling and dumb luck. It was mentioned like a puzzle which sounded fun but I don't find games of pure luck fun, of course winning is fun but losing just feels like a rip off and you never had a chance.

Initially it looked like it was a "mastermind mini-game" which would have been cool. But you would need more chances or less combinations for this to happen. At least a person with some logic would have a chance at success and those relying on luck can still take random guesses.

I didn't mind losing the goods when I was wrong or not needed, at least if it was part of a puzzle, at least applying strategy could minimise overall cost. But paying for unwanted goods in a game of luck is more annoying/frustrating, if they didn't want them then why did they take them?

Overall I think the concept has potential and could be interesting. In its current form however the cost of troops and the pure luck aspects don't make the spire interesting and of course the rewards don't match the costs.