• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Runeshard Changes

Heymrdiedier

wow, feels like so many people are exaggerating here.
Why would this runeshard changes have any impact on the pushing limitations, or why would netzero suddenly be affected by it? If you never hit the wall before why would it suddenly change? It just means we got an extra instant of 15kp spells...?

what I mean, many players have 10thousands of kp in instants in their inventory as well, and they arent hitting the limitations right now either, because noone spends them all at once? except maybe the pushers who suddenly see a source of extra kp to push with?

The fact that these limitations have been under the radar for so long (because yes these have been in the live gamefiles for a while already), probably means the limit is high enough so that normal pay behavior does not come near to it.
Maybe im wrong an the pushers haven been seeing this warning for a while now, but are too afraid to complain about it since it basically means they admit they are pushing.

Back to ontopic: I like the runeshard changes. Its a good idea to be able to get rid of those runes you will never be using anymore again.
Now I'm hoping they come with something similar for all the relics. Especially those you cant use in the academy.

SoggyShorts

If you never hit the wall before why would it suddenly change?
The wall is new, that's why no one ever hit it before.

why would netzero suddenly be affected by it?
As I explained, if your FS "paid" 350 KP into your wonder that would drop your balance by 350.
Do that with ~8 wonders and boom you hit the wall.
(then we found out that the wall moves by 80 kp per day) and by "we" I mean Karvest
edit:
And then "we" found out that the chests from your wonder increase your balance so there really isn;t an issue

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

The wall is new, that's why no one ever hit it before.

Pretty sure Karvest said it already existed, and is in the Live server files as well, just that no one normally gets KP bombed in a single day to trigger it, unless they are pushers.

As I explained, if your FS "paid" 350 KP into your wonder that would drop your balance by 350.
(then we found out that the wall moves by 80 kp per day) and by "we" I mean Karvest

With the numbers he posted earlier, all it takes is just a player or two dumping around 200 rune shards on a player to trigger this.

SoggyShorts

Pretty sure Karvest said it already existed, and is in the Live server files as well, just that no one normally gets KP bombed in a single day to trigger it, unless they are pushers.
Yes, it exists now, it did not always. Otherwise, pushers would have been stopped long ago. It's newish
With the numbers he posted earlier, all it takes is just a player or two dumping around 200 rune shards on a player to trigger this.
That requires 1-way pushing which isn't supposed to be done anways.

Last edited:

Karvest

Never seen more than 2 AW leveling up at the same time by the same player in net0. Once you finish filling up your part of KP, your balance grows back up immediately. The only problem with net0 begins when you start accounting runes in chests value (like if there is 15KP + 1 rune in the chest, the one who take it should invest 30KP there) that way these additional KP (max 240 for lvl31+ AW) stays unbalanced. But I doubt you level more than 2lvl 31+ AW a week via net0 and not helping others.

As for limit on live servers - subsystem is there, client knows how to show error message if limit is exceeded, but server sends "unlimited" for everyone, since this feature is not enabled. How long is it active here - idk, but not more than ~1 month (2740/80), and most likely it was enabled at the same time as runeshards conversion.

Deleted User - 79208

Why is no one talking about the opportunity to actually force players you do not like in the pushing lock.
Just throw KP into wonders they currently have but are kinda trash.

This will throw the enemy player into a lock state which can only be resolved with him not building any wonders at all until lock releases.

As there will be players actually receiving 300k+ KP with these runechanges this could be an issue.
I am pretty sure i would try to pushlock some players i do not like if i would still play :D

Sure they would get thousand of KP from me but if that actually locks them to build the new era wonders for example, why not do it :D
Always fun to involve some indirect pvp :D

CrazyWizard

Ok, now I'm confused.

Reward chests given out from my wonder when it fills increases my balance as if I donated those KP? I missed that.
If so,
Then do reward chests that I get for being a top contributor in someone else's wonder drop my balance?
If not
then when I donate 75 KP to your wonder my balance goes up 75, and then when you donate 5 to me for a 5 kp chest that does nothing to me?

If the above is all correct then after a couple of rounds of net0 our balances will go up up up

This assumes you always not help or help others with a very limit, all the time, every time week in week out.
Your weekly imbalance allowance is 560 points. and your base imbalance allowance is I think karvest wrote 2840 or something like that.

This means you have 3300 points to play with. it's similar with RNG you can't be always on the bad side of town. unless you play for it. essentially yuu never help others properly.
Maybe, just maybe 1-2 people worldwide are hit with this unfairmess once a a while. at the same time they "solved" a huge chunk of the push complainst we have seen for years now.
They finally do something and now they do the wrong thing?

SoggyShorts

This assumes you always not help or help others with a very limit, all the time, every time week in week out.
Yeah, I deleted that post just as you were quoting me. I hadn't seen karvests update on page 7 either.
As far as I can see there's no issue a all. At least for non-cheaters/

Sprite1313

And most players are even going to know this how? The person trying to give the KP gets a warning message, but as far as anyone can tell, the locked person has no clue it happened.
A message from the person who was unable to donate? "Hey, friend, you are in KP lock, make sure you donate some kp and/or finish the current level on an AW so folks get those chests".

Karvest

This will throw the enemy player into a lock state which can only be resolved with him not building any wonders at all until lock releases.

As there will be players actually receiving 300k+ KP with these runechanges this could be an issue.
I am pretty sure i would try to pushlock some players i do not like if i would still play :D
I will use myself as an example: currently my limit is 4073 (I've helped other players in our net0 a lot during this week)
Sum of all KP that can be donated to my undesired AWs in the attempt to lock me is only 3422.
Even if I wasn't that active in helping and had default 2740 limit, that's a matter of week for all possible locks to be resolved without any activity from my side, or I can just pay the same coin to the attacker, or just set up a delayed deal with some of my FS members and owe the part of their limit.
After that any attempt to push-lock me would be just pure pushing of my desired AWs.

Enevhar Aldarion

A message from the person who was unable to donate? "Hey, friend, you are in KP lock, make sure you donate some kp and/or finish the current level on an AW so folks get those chests".

People send messages in this game? People in my own fellowship rarely message about anything, let alone anyone on the map, expect the very rare "thank you" when I take a bunch of trades.

Killy

Why is no one talking about the opportunity to actually force players you do not like in the pushing lock.
Just throw KP into wonders they currently have but are kinda trash.

Sure they would get thousand of KP from me but if that actually locks them to build the new era wonders for example, why not do it :D
Always fun to involve some indirect pvp :D

You need to have a trash wonder first.

Last edited:

Is this something, that you have tried out yourself? Or is it something you have been told? A lot of urban legends are passed as rocksolid facts.
I have never heard about such a limit before. But that doesn´t mean, that it´s not there :cool:

A late reply I know but yes, had it happen to some fs members.

Enevhar Aldarion

@little bee

You need to have a trash wonder first.

There are several I will not build that the vast majority of other players also consider trash AWs. And then there are some that are total trash for anyone who caters everything. And probably a few that are totally useless to a pure fighter. Oh, and some that are good in early chapters that become trash in late chapters.

Killy

There are several I will not build that the vast majority of other players also consider trash AWs. And then there are some that are total trash for anyone who caters everything. And probably a few that are totally useless to a pure fighter. Oh, and some that are good in early chapters that become trash in late chapters.

Sure, but you would have to build them before anyone can threw kps in there to "harm" you.

little bee

Sure, but you would have to build them before anyone can threw kps in there to "harm" you.
Many players do not know which wonders are good. And only very few know about the penalty to the tournament/spire.
Also the biggest threat is not malicious push-locking. The danger is that there will be some long term players with many runes that they can not use for themself, e.g. because they do not have the wonder. If they can not find a trading partner for these runes (or are to lazy to try), then they may simply gift these to a newer player. In most of these cases neither the donor nor the recipient will understand the pushing-lock (and quite possibly not know about the penalty either). Thus such action could be meant as nothing but friendly, but actually end up doing quite a lot of harm.