• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Runeshard Changes

Enevhar Aldarion

Eh, for every 10 rune shards you give to someone else, put a couple into your own AWs too and that will help keep things balanced until other players start giving you some rune shard KP back.

Enevhar Aldarion

I thought @Karvest indicated that your own contributions to your AWs had no impact on the formula. Did I misread that?

From everything I read, I understand it to be that everything has an impact. Putting KP into your own AWs is the same as someone else doing it, to keep things balanced from you getting so many donations that your visitors hit the limit. I don't think it is just what you give to others.

Karvest

Giving out runeshards to someone else (converting them to KP in someone's AW) has only positive impact on your own KP credit.
Why should investing your own KP into your own AW change your cross-border balance?

little bee

Exactly the opposite. Adding huge amount of AWKP from runes along with pushing lock makes a perfect sense to prevent abuse and enforce the "usual behavior".
You can not enforce usuall behavior. You can only enforce certain rules. And these rule need to be known and clear, which they are not at the moment.

Also the pushing-lock only prevents players from getting too many KP, not from spending them. But the problem with the change is, that players suddenly get AWKP wich they can not use for themselves. Therefore they go on a spending spree in other players wonders. (Possibly into wonders that are not supposed to be upgraded. In theory, this could be done to "fix" a pushers own balance or even maliciously.) This is not the recipients fault. Therefore it is not the recipients, but the spenders behavior that should be restrained. That is why I would like to see a limit on the runes that can be transformed.

SoggyShorts

From everything I read, I understand it to be that everything has an impact. Putting KP into your own AWs is the same as someone else doing it, to keep things balanced from you getting so many donations that your visitors hit the limit. I don't think it is just what you give to others.
From what I've read your balance is simply
What you give- what you get
Self donations are not counted.

The concern here was that in Net0 if you don't manage to grab some chests ("Give") for a while and your fellows grab your chests("receive") That your balance might get messed up. With a 2K buffer and 80 per day, this is no longer a major concern though.
E,g,wonder needs 1,000 KP
Your FS gives you 350 KP for the chests and runes, you self donate 650 KP.
Your balance drops by 350 KP
but in 5 days your balance goes up by 400 (80x5)

Last edited:

little bee

What?
Example please
Any runes for wonders you don't want to build. Any runes for wonders you have already maxed. Any excess runes after all your wonders are finished.

@little bee
limiting daily amount of runes that can be converted won't prevent both things you are afraid of, but will annoy legit exchanging players
Maybe not completely, but my argument is that converting all the runes that have been piled up over years at once, will create short term chaos. Stretching this over a longer period will at least limit the damadge this can cause.

Karvest

Stretching this over a longer period will just create longer chaos + annoy active players who want to exchange, but stuck at the middle of investment due to limit...

little bee

@little bee
limiting daily amount of runes that can be converted won't prevent both things you are afraid of, but will annoy legit exchanging players
If it is not possible, to limit this far enough to prevent complete chaos, then the whole rune conversion is a bad idea and should be scrapped. And honestly, if you spend years piling up these runes, you can wait a few more month to convert them all.

Skillpowers

I think she means the rune shard KP, not the actual AKs that go into our inventory. For example, I have 13 out of 28 possible AWs built in my chapter 16 Beta city. That is 15 AWs worth of rune shards that I can give to people that cannot be returned to me from their rune shard supplies.
well you can give 5 runes for wonder "x" and they give you 5 runes for wonder "y" ? same kinda balance just different wonder.

Enevhar Aldarion

well you can give 5 runes for wonder "x" and they give you 5 runes for wonder "y" ? same kinda balance just different wonder.

If they have ones to spare for the most popular AWs, rather than already having given them to someone else or used them on their own AWs. Personally, I am not worried about it because I do not have even 100 rune shards for any one AW here on Beta. And in my one active Live city, all my rune shards counts are under 200. And that city is in chapter 19.

If it is not possible, to limit this far enough to prevent complete chaos, then the whole rune conversion is a bad idea and should be scrapped. And honestly, if you spend years piling up these runes, you can wait a few more month to convert them all.

The only people who will cause complete chaos are players like @CrazyWizard and their hoard of tens of thousands of rune shards. If more than 1% of active players have numbers like his, I would be shocked.

Karvest

Earlier newbie players were hunting for newbie AWs to get runes for them, now old players would be hunting for these AWs to get some AWKP for their runes. =)

Skillpowers

If they have ones to spare for the most popular AWs, rather than already having given them to someone else or used them on their own AWs. Personally, I am not worried about it because I do not have even 100 rune shards for any one AW here on Beta. And in my one active Live city, all my rune shards counts are under 200. And that city is in chapter 19.

i got like 204 needle shards 158 book , 108 mountain hall and then 8 diff runes between 80-100 pieces , but i collect a ton of old kp to then boost a new wonder straight to 11-16 with KP mails so i get alot of runes since im most of the time top 2 donors in someone else their wonder in my FS (on beta)

SoggyShorts

Any runes for wonders you don't want to build. Any runes for wonders you have already maxed. Any excess runes after all your wonders are finished.
All of those can be traded with a little communication.
"Hey, I see you are leveling your Thrones wonder, I'll put 600 KP into it if you put 600 KP into my _______"