• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.27

Dony

King of Bugs
The recent tournament balancing is just the opposite tho. Its much easier for those at the bottom, and much harder for those at the top.
negotiation went for top players sky rocketly down, even so its not worth fighting anymore for less losses in resources

Heymrdiedier

negotiation went for top players sky rocketly down, even so its not worth fighting anymore for less losses in resources
Yes totally agree (as i just posted in crazywizards post) and that makes me sader then the the golden abyss update.
The golden abyss you know in the end you will benefit from the current change. The tournament change you know that the further you get, the harder and more annoying it gets.

DeletedUser1657

The recent tournament balancing is just the opposite tho. Its much easier for those at the bottom, and much harder for those at the top.

Actually I disagree. Lower level player could negotiate easier and now they can't its very costly now. Armies got smaller but they now face the same comparative issues of increasing army size like higher players. My lower era towns now don't have a hope of competing in the top 100 players on the server and 2 of those were designed to do exactly that.

SoggyShorts

From chapter 4-6 and part way into 7 I used to do 6 provinces to 5 stars every time my boost came up(negotiating), placing me in the top 15 every time- and had no issues even with my minimalist productions. Now there's no way my chapter 6 Beta could keep that up.

DeletedUser1657

Would be good to know. With the level of coins it provides one would expect it is intentional as it lets them know more precisely the benefits granted from a wonder to help with balancing.

I figured out my coin bonus from GA wonder for a live server town with a reasonable culture bonus will increase almost 10 fold. That's a huge increase without even applying the culture bonus to the new amount.

DeletedUser1665

How do you find the values incorrect? Ranking points are determined by the total amount of KP invested up to that point. At level 10, 2100 KP has been invested. Level 11 still has the same ranking points as no KP is needed to upgrade to level 11, only rune shards and goods.

Your correct I forgot about the KP thing...........

DeletedUser1657

Thank you. I blame this post by Mykan
I need something nice on one town, I am dreaming of a building that takes up one square and gives 1200 population to put me back in break even population.:p My poor scouts are getting a stern talking to in regards to finding new land for my town. Thankfully the increased coin from GA will pay for the overtime I have to pay the scouts.

Sir Squirrel

Could the Dev's add a "if equal or less than 200 then don't go to 0.1 % part of the code?" My GA went from 200 to 97 pop. Please help the lower players from losing 100 or more pop this is crazy. We already can't fight in the provinces because the squad sizes from the end of chapter 2 (ring 3) to well into chapter 4 when our squads sizes actually catch up. Are you guys actually trying to discourage new players from playing or what is the plan here! I love how Timon (in the march episode of Innotv) told us to hurry and build the wonders so we could benefit from the new changes, but it actually just put the smaller players in the hole, thanks for that!! If the idea is to help the players by increasing the amount of population we get from the GA, why are the smaller players getting less? I think we should at least stay at the amount we had until we can actually gain a bonus from it when we have more working pop. because 97 population isn't even worth placing it in chapter 2 when we research it. And with the small amount of space we have in our cities, some players won't even be able to get out of the hole for a fairly long time,
I think there will be more that quit the game because of this, it totally looks like the Dev's ripped off smaller players. I realize this is not the case, but a lot of other smaller players won't see it like that. They will just see that they are now negative population and can't build anything until they upgrade 9 or 10 residences, and they will be totally beat if they are already maxed with their residences and have no more space to build more as well.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 60107

Or they could have added the new percentages to the old values. For example, a level 1 GA:
- old - 200 Population
- new - 200 + 0.1% of Working population

This way everyone would get an increase and the update would still benefit the advanced players a lot more. Only there would be no complaining for the decreased population because there would be no decrease, only an increase.

DeletedUser736

I do not have time reading everything, really, but this update is kind of insane. I know low level GA owners got the short end of the stick, but mine is 13, going soo to 14, and it yields 4k ore population than before the update, and about 2.5 times more gold. I must say I am very happy about it.

DeletedUser1257

The change to the golden abyss needs to be well explained to the users on the live servers before the change is pushed there. Especially as we are in the middle of an event. You would be surprised at the number of lower Chapter players that do have this building and do rely on it for the population boost it provides. My fellowship there has lots of new players who do build it as they take place in a KP donation rotation that allows them to advance their Abyss and ToS.

The fact that they could suffer a major population loss including the possibility of knocking them into negative population if they don't have much spare can cause havoc with your city, especially in the middle of an event.

Overall, I see this change discouraging the newer players from building these wonders as there will be no really value versus the cost early on and also discourage them from participating in the tournaments as the tournament rewards of rune shards and broken rune shards will now lose value as they don't have any intention of building / upgrading their wonders.

As for me, it is a wash, my level 8 abyss provides 1200 pop before and will now provide me 1269. This is at the beginning of the fairies chapter with a working pop of around 24k.

I do think this should be set to be calculated off the total population and not the working population as the amount of pop provided by the Abyss will Yo-Yo all over the place during a city renewal if a player decides to make major changes.

DeletedUser1877

I've backed off, but I must say this.

There sure do seem to be a LOT of some small edge cases

SoggyShorts

There sure do seem to be a LOT of some small edge cases
While I do agree the issue might be more wide-spread and have more impact than expected for small players, I think players that lose population are far far more likely to post about it than those who gain population.
That being said, judging from players reaction to previous changes, and can foresee a huge outcry on the Live forums if it isn't tweaked a little first.

DeletedUser1877

It's not just previous reactions, the worst part is that last month, on the podcatst, Timon encouraged everyone to get their AWs built. And people believed him, and did so.....

Dony

King of Bugs
It's not just previous reactions, the worst part is that last month, on the podcatst, Timon encouraged everyone to get their AWs built. And people believed him, and did so.....
yeah its false advertising of goods, i have no clue why developers hate new players so much, instead of bait them with really powerfull AW building in chapter 2 they give them this crap (wholesaler included) and encourage them to leave game sooner then later
maybe some developer can jump here and explain it, because i cant find single reason for this
i can fix this crap within few minutes with same numbers as they have but with equal for low level players they had before

DeletedUser1257

If my maths are correct the break even points regarding working population to get the same Abyss pop bonus as before the change are about:

Level 1: 8,889
Level 2: 11,429
Level 3: 13,667
Level 4: 15,703
Level 5: 17,333

Which equates to needing the following number of level 15 human residences at levels

Level 1: 21
Level 2: 27
Level 3: 33
Level 4: 37
Level 5: 41

So without event buildings, I think the Abyss has been devalued for early players.

This won't matter for people who build and Abyss after the changes as they will never have had the earlier bonus to compare with, but people with existing an existing abyss at the early levels will take some time to get it back up to as useful as it was before. Hopefully they will get some pop bonus buildings from the event to reduce the number of residences they need to build and upgrade.

Event buildings have saved me in this regard so my Abyss will not have to take a backwards jump.