• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.27

SoggyShorts

I don't know if we should panic just yet. They are probably still working on it as I haven't seen any announcement about the Blooming Trader.
2zdq1qd.jpg

DeletedUser724

Any reason why this is still running and
no one discuss those issue in "release notes version 1.28"

Dhurrin

Not that this help you with your frustrations, but when i was your level, there wasnt even a golden abyss in the game. We had to do it with only residences. And we all managed fine.
For me this doesn't seem like such a big issue as you guys make it out to be. In the end when you grow you will end up with a lot more population then you could before the change.
In fact if they would change it to make you happy i guess it would end up being less beneficial for higher level players. so id rather have them leave it like this.

The point is to grow in this game so if it doesnt help you enough now, it will help you more later.

But when you started, certainly when I started, there were some very important differences:
1 - The old battlesystem allowed one to go farther ahead, so expansions from battle were easier to get
2 - the prices of premiumexpansions were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower, so it was possible to get a few without having to be a member of the billionaires-club

And be that as it may, it's utterly ridiculous that once again beginning players are suddenly faced with buildings that perform way less, in some instances suddenly dropping them to negative pop or culture, severly limiting the possibility to continue on.

CrazyWizard

But when you started, certainly when I started, there were some very important differences:
1 - The old battlesystem allowed one to go farther ahead, so expansions from battle were easier to get
2 - the prices of premiumexpansions were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower, so it was possible to get a few without having to be a member of the billionaires-club

And be that as it may, it's utterly ridiculous that once again beginning players are suddenly faced with buildings that perform way less, in some instances suddenly dropping them to negative pop or culture, severly limiting the possibility to continue on.

Well you can still go as far as the old battle system, in the old system we negotiated, and in the new one, yes we still negotiate :D

If you looked at all the new wonders powers you can see that "overscouting" is the way to go with these wonders.

And serously, the impact of the GA wil only be for a few players and only for a very limited time.
Players who never had it, never notice the difference, people who have been playing actively wont even notice the difference. so that leaves a handfull of players who are setback a few inhabitants in there town, in a generic growing town, a very minor setback.

Thats unless you run some tiny town, with a humoungously leveled GA, but then the question is raised, why is your town so small and your abyss so big? maybe because it's your secondary account on which you login only once or twice a day?

Do the devs need to stop developing the game?
Each new chapter you need to adopt your town to the new situation, it's part of the game, this one to is a minor adaptation, the setback will be something like 6-12 squares for most, I dont really see the problem here.
Adopt and a few hours later you wont notice it anymore.

Deleted User - 60107

@CrazyWizard
Please read ALL of my post about the GA change and how it affected me. Then please, PLEASE, try to understand that not everyone has the same playing style as you. I find your post extremely.... frustrating, to put in nicely (because I don't want to get forum banned).

P.S.: The reason my Abyss is so "big" is that I was dumping KPs into it at the end of every chapter while struggling to finish enough provinces to open the next one. I have no other AWs (not enough space for them), so I had nothing else to do with my KP.

DeletedUser1657

If you looked at all the new wonders powers you can see that "overscouting" is the way to go with these wonders.

I have noticed recent changes are encouraging this between the recent tournaments and now wonders.

And serously, the impact of the GA wil only be for a few players and only for a very limited time.
Players who never had it, never notice the difference, people who have been playing actively wont even notice the difference. so that leaves a handfull of players who are setback a few inhabitants in there town, in a generic growing town, a very minor setback.

The impacted players will be large among those in the early eras and these can be active players. In fact an active player will get the GA closer to the time it is unlocked which in the new system is more useless the sooner you get it. These players are waiting for several chapters before it becomes useful.

Also note that this wonder will impact every single new player going forward as it is utterly useless at the time it is unlocked, a house is better. So the impact will not be few or small. Simple resolutions though are a min population on the wonder to provide a floor in the population bonus or to move the wonder later, perhaps swap it with endless excavation (haven't checked if that is far enough back).

Thats unless you run some tiny town, with a humoungously leveled GA, but then the question is raised, why is your town so small and your abyss so big? maybe because it's your secondary account on which you login only once or twice a day?

Yes the most severely impacted will be those in this situation (I am one), and while I disagree somewhat with your premise on why it is that way I do agree it is a matter of adapting strategy. I knew before the change I was headed for trouble as the GA gave 20% of my working population prior to the update but it still takes time to adapt, hopefully not as many months as prior game changes have taken ;)

Edit: @shadowblack I have noticed more players in early chapters getting tech locked now due to chest requirements. A function of the battle system and techs that was not present for older players.

SoggyShorts

I would hardly call every single player with a GA of any level in chapters 2,3,4, and some of 5 "few players for a very limited time"

It can be hard for advanced players to remember just how big a deal 100-200 population was when upgrading a residence only gave +12 pop, but you should try a little harder to see it from that perspective.

Even if the situation can be fixed by clearing 6 provinces, grabbing an expansion, placing a couple residences, and then upgrading them 6-7 times, having negative population the whole time you are doing that(through no fault of your own) will be a pretty big turnoff for many players.

DeletedUser2173

im really sad with my position on the map.
We are only a few players, and...this is really heavy...the most of us hace the same goods!!!!!!!
this mean that is is imposible to get planks and steel. Only i can buy them bu the wholesaler. this is not really nice and i'm really sad about this.

Dhurrin

im really sad with my position on the map.
We are only a few players, and...this is really heavy...the most of us hace the same goods!!!!!!!
this mean that is is imposible to get planks and steel. Only i can buy them bu the wholesaler. this is not really nice and i'm really sad about this.

I know your feeling.