• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.17

DeletedUser118

It says there will be no more quests asking for none boosted goods. I still have mine asking for that advanced magic dust manufactory availble. Do I not count or what's the problem?

Edit: Oh wait, you took out the "advanced" part from the questline. Now that's interesting.

DeletedUser283

ok, well, that is a start :)
however, I too have a quest asking for an (unboosted) elixir manufactory, but this building requires 211 people at level 1 !
if I had that many citizens available (and I don't), I would probably upgrade my main hall, or my barracks, or an armory :)
but I would certainly not bother building a non-boosted goods manufactory for which I do not have any space available in the first place ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Did you forgot the heaviest thing? The market have since Monday a "little" bit more range. Is this wanted or not? This is a really imported thing... can I kill my non boosted manufactures or not?

DeletedUser

We'll leave that for you to decide. :)

Sounds like a non official statement... yes, no... but you don`t know ;). The thing is, with the unoffical market expansion I don`t need longer the unboosted manufactures, but if you do a rollback.... I need it, because the market is in this case not optimal.

We from inno don`t know, is the worst answer.... :D but not unexpected.

DeletedUser

What kind of a solution that is ?? The dev's still wants us to spend 400 population just to build a building thats not required for us to build ?? I mean dont they ever agree that those quests are not right and outright stupidness ... instead of correcting their mistake they are trying to give us some more bad urgently thought out solution which could have been done the day this issue was brought up ?? Changing just one requirement of the quest ??? Seriously is that the best they can come up with after so many months of us complaining and with so many giving so many suggestions how to rectify that dumb mistake?? So the dev's still want us to build something that is not supposedly be built in the first place as per their own game design ?? Really Pathetic solution is the only word i can say ... I dont think this can be even considered as a temporary solution at all in any way ...

0FDvSa2.jpg

DeletedUser338

He's basing it on the fact that it's highly inefficient to build non-boosted manufactories, simply because upgrading costs more than they'll produce in the next 3 months.
I'd like to know why the devs want to keep that quest in in the first place. Humans don't have it (or if they do, I've never gotten it and I'm almost at the end of the research tree), so it seems unfair to Elves in a really stupid way. Is there a possibility for a Q&A with the devs sometime soon? I'd also like to know what they're planning for the future, where this game is going.

DeletedUser

He's basing it on the fact that it's highly inefficient to build non-boosted manufactories, simply because upgrading costs more than they'll produce in the next 3 months.
I'd like to know why the devs want to keep that quest in in the first place. Humans don't have it (or if they do, I've never gotten it and I'm almost at the end of the research tree), so it seems unfair to Elves in a really stupid way. Is there a possibility for a Q&A with the devs sometime soon? I'd also like to know what they're planning for the future, where this game is going.
This is exactly what i meant ... thanks @Lord Jirre ...

@Muf-Muf are you sure this game's working as it was designed to be played ?? Are the dev's aware what they had planned initially and what they are asking us to do by giving out such stupid quest?? To the best of my knowledge this game is supposed to be played with only having one of the goods building per player from each tier ... those manufactories for which we have the boosts ... Am i wrong in my thinking that way?? ...We are not supposed to build non-boosted manufactories ...this has been quoted by many mods before in different threads and also in the wiki that it is not advisable to build the manufactories that we do not have boost for ... Are we all wrong in our thinking that way ?? So are the dev's and you who's supporting them, want us to build buildings which we are not supposed to be built by the game design ??? So you mean to say by your reply that this game is designed to be played that way ??? While for the culture bonus we are supposed to take help from our neighbors and not build all of them ourselves, for the goods we have to build all the buildings and produce them ourselves ?? is that what this game's intended design ?? because thats how it looks from the current solution given by the dev's and the way you answered me ....

rwC2VgK.jpg

DeletedUser43

We know the quests to build non-boosted goods have annoyed a lot of you. You haven't complained for "so many months", as ddevil suggested in his post, as the topic only was discussed on this forum starting March 17th. However, you did have to wait for two months before we could implement a solution for this problem. We'd like to thank you for your patience. Now, with update 0.17, we're happy that we could finally do something about this issue. :)

As many of you might remember from the thread in the Ideas Forum, multiple solutions have been forwarded about changing the storyline quests that require you to build unboosted manufactories (click). The preferred solution was a decline button, but most players also supported the other solutions, as long as these storyline quests would change. With update 0.17, these storyline quests are changed! It is no longer needed to upgrade unboosted manufactories to an advanced or superior level.

To build or not build an unboosted manufactory, is a player's own choice. As is said before on this forum and is also stated in our wiki (here), it's advisable to focus on building boosted manufactories. This does not mean that you should not build any manufactories for which you don't have a boost at all. ;) As the wiki says:
Hint: As you will have 3 Goods that will be boosted, it is recommended to concentrate your production on those Goods and trade them for the other 6 Goods.You can do so via the Trader.

@Lord Jirre questions if Humans and Elves get the same quests:
I'd like to know why the devs want to keep that quest in in the first place. Humans don't have it (or if they do, I've never gotten it and I'm almost at the end of the research tree), so it seems unfair to Elves in a really stupid way.
We can reassure everyone that both Humans and Elves have to build low-level, unboosted manufactories for their undeclineable, storyline quests. The races are treated in the same way. Neither race has to build higher-level unboosted manufactories anymore.

DeletedUser800

Personally, i appreciate this very much:

• Storyline quests should no longer require players to have high-leveled, non-boosted Manufactories in their city

Although i agree that main-quests which require us to build non-boosted manufactories are still an annoyance, completing those is so easy that i don't think the uproar above is justified.

Still, people are upset about this. Changing the remaining quests seems to be a good thing imo.

• When going through the tutorial fast, all buildings are now always visible and you no longer have to wait for the next actions at certain points
This will hopefully keep more new players in the game. Now that InnoGames changed it, i have to admit i feeled the tutorial was constraining.
Good thing you changed that.

DeletedUser

To build or not build an unboosted manufactory, is a player's own choice. As is said before on this forum and is also stated in our wiki (here), it's advisable to focus on building boosted manufactories. This does not mean that you should not build any manufactories for which you don't have a boost at all.

Where have we been given the choice which you yourself seem to understand and accept that fact ?? Shouldn't that be left to our choice rather than forcing us to build because of Some undeclinable quest ?? How do u claim that the dev's have given us a solution when the thread in the ideas & suggestions you have closed now with an IMPLEMENTED prefix was all about asking the devs not to force us to build Non-boosted goods building and was not about making us upgrade them?? Has what had been requested or suggested over there been implemented ??? I don't really think so ...Most of them requested it to be made declinable ...I was even against that as these quests dont make any sense at all from the game prospect .... Doesn't building non-boosted goods building cost us population ?? dont they cost us resources?? Dont they need a lot of space?? The quest is asking for tier 3 goods building and they dont come cheap ... Why would i have to spend so much of all the resources when i dont have any use for it ?? Where's the logic behind asking us to build those goods buildings?? I dont have space to build them so the dev's expect me to demolish some of the buildings i need just to fulfill this stupid quest of which i m neither interested in the reward nor the buildings??

In a game of around for 5 months a stupid / silly quest like this and that too for applying a dumber fix like something what has been applied today, 2 months is a real long long time ....I think that thread was the most active and most replied thread if I am not mistaken ...think you yourself did mention that @Lauwi ??And this is the best the dev's can come up with as a solution??? Seriously ....

1hzwRYg.jpg

DeletedUser

hello
just a a small question, what happend to my neighbors ?

Marindor

@ddevil : I think your point is clear now. Our Game Designers have considered multiple options/suggestions and this is the outcome that's decided. You may or may not like it, not everything will always be exactly the way you'd want it. The game is called "Elvenar", not "Easynar". Sometimes you'll have to overcome some obstacles and do some things other than just smoothly play the game exactly as you'd like it, in order to progress in the story line. No need to make such a big issue of it, just being able to upgrade these buildings to level 2 instead of to a superior/advanced level, is a huge improvement compared to the previous situation. This way you won't be forced to do anything "dramatic" and yet it doesn't have a big impact on the story line as it is. You can keep facepalming as much as you want, for now we'll just have to deal with this solution ;)

@Zorro : Since the latest update, inactive players will be replaced by new, active players so from time to time you'll now see cities disappear from the map and new, active players will be replacing these cities in the future!

DeletedUser

Our Game Designers have considered multiple options/suggestions and this is the outcome that's decided.
lmao-seriously.jpg

just being able to upgrade these buildings to level 2 instead of to a superior/advanced level, is a huge improvement compared to the previous situation.

By the way I think you should know what you are talking about before saying something in public being a Senior Mod ...Doesn't look good ya know!!! Today's update doesn't need of us anymore to upgrade to even level 1... they have just asked us to build those buildings to fulfill the quest ... that makes your argument sound even more better doesn't it ?? ...:D

Last edited by a moderator: