• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.17

DeletedUser

Improvement is a process people. One step has been taken and I am confident that INNO will take another :) Remember, this is Beta and its all about testing and feedback. So, put in your suggestions and keep your chin up :) This game has great potential, imo :D

DeletedUser338

We can reassure everyone that both Humans and Elves have to build low-level, unboosted manufactories for their undeclineable, storyline quests. The races are treated in the same way. Neither race has to build higher-level unboosted manufactories anymore.
I don't remember if I had a quest asking me for tier 1 and 2 unboosted goods, but I am 100% certain I never had a quest asking me to build a magic dust or gems manufactory. In fact, I have never built a magic dust or gems manufactory. Yet here I am, further in the research tree than most, still keeping up with the storyline quests. So unless they're gonna ask me to build one of those while I'm busy finishing my last 10 researches, I'm not gonna have that quest.

DeletedUser778

We play on the beta server, but since there is already a live server i don't consider it beta any more, or they should rename the us server to beta 2, what would fit imho more i guess.
When will the treants and sorceress finally be fixed? Last patch they were anounced fixed, but they weren't and i could use some working sorceress since weeks...
Or maybe give us elven players some diamonds to compensate for the unnecessary troop loss caused by the not correctly working treants/sorceress, to revieve some troops. :p

DeletedUser

I think it's a little bit prematurated to talk about ''countries release " as muf muf mention it
Let's be clear as a beta player I'm patient, compare to any standard players,who will try and like or delete their bookmark in few hours...
In 2015, Arriving in game without chat and without challenge ( currently ranking is meaningless ) and more if you dont create straight interraction between players this game will never reach success , I'm pretty sure about it. People expect compete with each other , share their strategy and opinion with tools and function ingame. Not through a forum...or any external tools !

I remember the early stage of Foe people communicate at first through mail box and to be honest they change it to chat to be competitive due to
the grow of a lot of online games more over with apps and tablet /smartphone who already have this function.

The Era of patient customers is i think in way of extinction... I do hope having more development before the Opening release.

My personnal feedback at the moment , there no any positive point in communication or goal to be interrested to play in a Country Open version, and I wont if the game dont Improve in many ways. Currently after 5 months of release, only bugs have been corrected ( i recognized it's huge work behing the scene ) , but I didn't see any new functionality I was waiting for so far. I am glad the inactive players have been considerate but...it's not final step yet.

I recommend to be very focus on trying to make the players feel less alone... for the moment Elvenar dont match a 2015 good online game and I can't recommend it in this current development.

If you release it in my country in that Stage, As a French customer, i wonder after just a month if people of my country will stay and how many will quickly give up do to the huge gap of any other Inno games.

What you should be carefull is people dont want an half Beta/open with small upgrade that already exist code the same way or nearly 99% We are not Naive customers, mean the work already done is done, mean we expect you to develop and implement faster function who exist in Innogames.

Keep working ! send you my best wishes to the Elvy team.

Thyshae

DeletedUser338

Very well said. I highly doubt they will do anything with your advice, but I completely agree with you.

DeletedUser118

Same here. I completely agree with you and will probably not start on a new language server once it opens up. This game unfortunately lacks of so many things that its ok to play here but doesn't really make me wanna start all over again on some new world. Not at this stage of development.

DeletedUser

To build or not build an unboosted manufactory, is a player's own choice. As is said before on this forum and is also stated in our wiki (here), it's advisable to focus on building boosted manufactories. This does not mean that you should not build any manufactories for which you don't have a boost at all. ;) As the wiki says:
This depends not on the player.... the market is the own thing.... this decides of you need non boosted manufactures or not. Innogames increase the range on Monday but without any word... and no real statement about this very imported thing.
I am happy about the chance, but I am not happy about the missing information :(. It could be a automatic feature, or it is a unwanted bug and will be removed in the next days.

DeletedUser

I definitely do agree with ddevil about the quests to build non boosted manufactories. They are useless and only lead to confusion among players.
It would be a huge difference and effect if we could choose without the questline whether we want to build them or not.
But its sure rude to post all these big fail pictures on the forum ;)

We know the quests to build non-boosted goods have annoyed a lot of you. You haven't complained for "so many months", as ddevil suggested in his post, as the topic only was discussed on this forum starting March 17th. However, you did have to wait for two months before we could implement a solution for this problem. We'd like to thank you for your patience. Now, with update 0.17, we're happy that we could finally do something about this issue. :)

As many of you might remember from the thread in the Ideas Forum, multiple solutions have been forwarded about changing the storyline quests that require you to build unboosted manufactories (click). The preferred solution was a decline button, but most players also supported the other solutions, as long as these storyline quests would change. With update 0.17, these storyline quests are changed! It is no longer needed to upgrade unboosted manufactories to an advanced or superior level.

To build or not build an unboosted manufactory, is a player's own choice.

First of all, it is surely not okay to say that we have a choice when the main questline requires to build them.
And how can you seriously want to discuss the question if the timespan from the 17th of March to the 26th of May can be called "so many months" or not?
I am really disappointed and a bit shocked to see how mods respond here on the forum. You maybe had a bad day?
You talk like you take the players for little children. If you mind that ddevil looses a bit temper, than maybe you should clear that privately.
Is feedback not welcome here in the feedback thread?
Besides that, and unlike you said: To build or not build an unboosted manufactory, is NOT a player's own choice.

@ddevil : I think your point is clear now. Our Game Designers have considered multiple options/suggestions and this is the outcome that's decided. You may or may not like it, not everything will always be exactly the way you'd want it. The game is called "Elvenar", not "Easynar". Sometimes you'll have to overcome some obstacles and do some things other than just smoothly play the game exactly as you'd like it, in order to progress in the story line. No need to make such a big issue of it, just being able to upgrade these buildings to level 2 instead of to a superior/advanced level, is a huge improvement compared to the previous situation. This way you won't be forced to do anything "dramatic" and yet it doesn't have a big impact on the story line as it is. You can keep facepalming as much as you want, for now we'll just have to deal with this solution ;)

Sorry, but you had an even worse day?!?
Guess your point is also very clear now.
As mentioned before, the quests are of no use and it leaves one doubt whats wrong with whome that you explain things like talking to idiots. Easynar? Thanks a lot! That were insulting words and trivial philosophy is probably not the best way to promote a game design. You offer no logical arguments and yet want us to be thankful for not having to build unboosted manfucatories up to superior level. Again please?!

But why is it necessary to discuss that here anyway? Game creators should be able to decide by themselves that this quest is misleading. It just seems like occupational therapy because of missing content.
Thyshae had some nice and wise words for you. Interactivity is still lacking. Content is still lacking. Challenge is still lacking.
And sorceress are still useless in combat.

Muf-Muf quote from release notes:
"Behind the scenes, we are also working on improving the game's performance, as well as preparing some new features. What exactly is still a surprise for now. As the icing on the cake, we are working hard to release the game in more languages. More on that will follow soon (yay!) - are you as excited about this as we are?"

Well no, I'm not. Thats basically whats said or should be said in every release notes of every game.
I am sad to read that the "icing on the cake" is the release of an incomplete game now in more languages.
Whats actually wrong in sharing future plans with your gamer community?

PS:
You could, but that doesn't mean that you should. We'll leave that for you to decide. :)
Why do you take the time to quote Denali without answering the question?
Increase of market range is a new feature, yes or no? Whats the point in keeping it secret and make fun of it??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser205

@Tiktoki I absolutly agree with your whole posting and want to thank you for that.
I just startet to put down just the same arguments in everything (but now I need only to underline your posting)
THANKS

DeletedUser

well my posts might look rude because of the big fail pictures in them which I actually did to frustrate the powers that be ...As i was frustrated myself for taking us the players as fools by the dev's ... but still all the replies i had written had a proper and valid argument in them ...Not one post had something out of context to the best of my knowledge...Correct me if i m wrong in that .... I did not see one valid counter argument from the Mods... Most of them the Mods to whom I replied never came back to me again and some other Mod joined in with some other inconsequential reply .... All they wanted to do was prove me wrong without giving any kind of a proper reply / explanation ... I have been part of this Forum from the day I joined playing this game 3+ months back ... Not once I had lost my cool and /or have said something rude ... I did that yesterday for the first time and I seriously think I had a valid reason for it ....

I lost my cool when i saw how the dev's had just avoided the main and a very valid concern of the players so blatantly and how the Mods were just blindly supporting whatever was done without even able to give a proper explanation for it ... All they were trying to do is prove that the dev's had implemented a solution whereas no solution was given to the actual problem in reality... All the while the main concern of the players had been about forcing us players to build Non-boosted manufactories through some illogical quests ...while that is still very much present in the game the Mods on the forum went on to claim that the players suggestion had been implemented with this update making it sound like the best solution the dev's can come up with after making us wait for 2 and half months ... Even the thread with this issue was closed as implemented ....How can they say something as implemented when what was requested / suggested was never implemented in any sense?? With this kind of attitude don't think this game can survive long on the live servers ... I don't see any point in giving anymore suggestions / ideas to these dev's anymore ...they are still going to do what they think is correct from their point of view and if they think that this game will be successful in the long run with that Good Luck to them ...

Have fun

regards

ddevil

P.S: No Big Fail pictures this time :p;)

DeletedUser819

I expected more, but it 's not bad.
The new game feature pleases me, and bug corrected also :) ... thank You superalexandre9, :D

I think the same ,
this is a beta Version it is not completed.
I like this Game and I play and have fun and joy. -

Big Thank You to the creator and the Elvenar team.
:D:D:D

DeletedUser867

Attacking the moderators for lack of any other target is pretty poor form.
They're obviously trying to put lipstick on a pig. Allow them to do their job.

We're apparently tossing pictures around, and this one seems appropriate.
rebelwithoutclue.jpg

http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/rebelwithoutclue.htm

It's screamingly obvious that a couple of the posters have never been been responsible for software development projects, nor much of anything else where you HOPE things will work out in a live production enviornment. GETTING from A to B is the interesting part, as far as I'm concerned, and I would be very disappointed if there were no windows in the Beta bus. I rather ENJOY being part of the fit and trim process.

It so happens that I agree with the underlying issue, regarding non-resourced buildings, but my concerns are more philosophical. I think the quests should help the devs control the pacing, that part's fine with me, but leading folks astray, and requiring them to DO THINGS that are unwise, is very poor pedagogy. I would hope that the quest line gets tuned as follows:
  • Build a boosted building
  • Post some goods for sale (maybe somebody will buy them)
  • Use some goods to buy something from the trader
  • (OPTIONAL) Set up a NON-boosted manufacturing building,
    but make it quite clear that sometimes a bad choice is still the best choice.

DeletedUser283

To build or not build an unboosted manufactory, is a player's own choice.

in the normal course of the game, yes;

but where is my freedom of choice when an indeclinable quest asks me to build one ? :confused:

it will be my own choice when the quest is declinable :)

for the moment, it is still just another stupid quest and one I cannot fulfill due to lack of space and citizens;
so it will stay there for a while, till both above conditions are met ...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Attacking the moderators for lack of any other target is pretty poor form.
They're obviously trying to put lipstick on a pig. Allow them to do their job.

We're apparently tossing pictures around, and this one seems appropriate.
rebelwithoutclue.jpg

http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/rebelwithoutclue.htm

It's screamingly obvious that a couple of the posters have never been been responsible for software development projects, nor much of anything else where you HOPE things will work out in a live production enviornment. GETTING from A to B is the interesting part, as far as I'm concerned, and I would be very disappointed if there were no windows in the Beta bus. I rather ENJOY being part of the fit and trim process.

It so happens that I agree with the underlying issue, regarding non-resourced buildings, but my concerns are more philosophical. I think the quests should help the devs control the pacing, that part's fine with me, but leading folks astray, and requiring them to DO THINGS that are unwise, is very poor pedagogy. I would hope that the quest line gets tuned as follows:
  • Build a boosted building
  • Post some goods for sale (maybe somebody will buy them)
  • Use some goods to buy something from the trader
  • (OPTIONAL) Set up a NON-boosted manufacturing building,
    but make it quite clear that sometimes a bad choice is still the best choice.

Well for someone who knows to read so much about everything Actually never understood that I never attacked the moderators in the first place .... I was talking about the dev's lack of understanding and disdain for the players requests / suggestions to start off with ... I did not say anything about the Mods till they came at me in support of the dev's trying to make me wrong / look like a fool ...they acted as if they were clever in giving inconsequential replies without even once giving a proper reply / explanation for why its done in that way... that just shows even they were not aware of the reason behind it .... By the way I was talking to a CoMa in the beginning who according to me is the company staff and not just any Mod ....it was the Mods who came after me in support of their CoMa without actually knowing what to say ... Even then I never went after any particular Mod nor I said anything personal or out of the context ... I think you did not read what has been said till now by me before showing your support for them ...All my replies had a proper argument and I was only trying to prove my dissatisfaction for the current solution provided by the dev's by giving out the actual facts and issues faced by me / players ... Only the pictures were something some people would consider as rude ... even they were just normal pictures not something obscene or derogatory to the best of my knowledge ... they are called memes if u r not aware of it (i m sure you are as you seem to be knowing everything ) and are usually used in fun context ...not to demean someone or somebody ... Also I did accept today that it was a mistake of posting those pictures and was just a case of losing my cool much before your post ...

By the way I really dont know why would you like to start off all over again when things have cooled down ....What is being in Software Developments projects has to do with all thats been said here ?? Everybody knows and understands you are a big software person who knows everything about everything but i seriously don't understand what has that got to do with whats been said and what has been requested?? Is Adding a decline button to that quest really a big big software project??? Well even if it was a big game changing project why were we not told that ?? Why were we not informed that since it will be very difficult and long process to add a decline button the dev's are just changing it to build the buildings instead of making us upgrade them?? Why was it made to look like the solution they gave is the best and only solution available and as per the player's suggestion ??

DeletedUser

+1
in every topic I absoultely agree with you ddevil.

And I think there is no need to open other servers to have the same bad situation there, too.

Today for me is finally clear that I never will play on another Elvenar / Inno server.
I will play this one here until my Research-Tree is finished. And then I'll leave both - Elvenar and InnoGames.

Seems to me, we can't await that important things we are discussing since weeks or month, are being reworked in short or some time. How I mentioned in another post, as a Beta-player I wish to be in close contact / communication with the staff and the dev's to bring this Beta to a successful state before setting up other servers around the world.

I'm disappointed because nothing in this direction has happend during the last month.

I also don't want to be handled as if we players all were kind of stupid.

Caused by all this and further more reasons regarding bad storyline design and other issues I can't and wont recommend to play 'Elvenar' to anyone.

DeletedUser205

@MagicLucy as MufMuf posted today in Announcements https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/new-language-versions.2640/#post-18383
"You have helped us a lot with proofreading the game, finding bugs, and of course providing your feedback on the game's features."

See the order he has chosen: we are mainly used for proofreading the game.
Next finding bugs and
(sounds like: yes yes before I forget) proving feedback.

Your hope to get in connect with devs and others who are responsible for the game is sort of romantic as you see.
That's usually not the way it works in betas.

That they started now other lifeservers is sign enough, that the game is to their satisfaction.
Ok, for me now work is done to be used.
Let them do, what their schedule says

DeletedUser

@sorella:

You're right in this point, sorella.

I know, this idea (close co-working) has been a bit, maybe, romantic?

I guess, the game had made more and faster progress if this would be a developing concept: Interact and communicate close with the testers....

We all experienced how semi-professional they handle both, game and players/testers.

And many of us players are not only players who look around for mistakes in design (you remember the level 14+15 Elven-Residences?) and little bit cosmetics.
Here are so many people, who are very familar and experienced in game development and have much associated knowledge.

Well, now I myself (and others who had the same idea) have learned, that it definetiely is not planned by dev's to get in close communcation with beta-testers.

So, they may do what ever they want to do; for me the end of the game is not that far away and then I'll leave this platform.

That's it.