• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elementals

DeletedUser1767

Also, any planned changes to the Magicless Academy? Until now it produced Enchantments by using our unboosted relics. Now suddenly some of those previuously-useless relics are needed to get a boost on our new boosted goods. This is going to be a serious problem for players that use the Academy, especially those who are low on unboosted relics (due to constantly producing Enchantments).
This is my question too. That seems like it's going to hurt a lot of people who have used the Academy extensively, and make those of us who use it occasionally less likely to use it at all, which seems problematic. (Also there may be a renewed outcry over being compelled use the MA during events.) Also, while the PP, EE, and MM spells require an even split between Tx+1 and Tx+2 relics, the IM spell -- the only spell in the game you can't get unless you use the Magic Academy -- requires only Tx+1. That also seems like a problem. I for one leave my MA dormant a lot of the time, but IM is the spell I'm most likely to produce with it.

Other questions I have about spells/relics for T4:
- Will MM spells work on T4 goods?
- Will the Mountain Halls boost affect T4 goods?
- Will T4 goods have a chance to appear in Crystal Lighthouse chests?

edeba

Not sure about what you will post to the main game in announcements, but might want to work on the grammar for the hint that you gave us, or just be specific as in this post.

Hi guys,

At this point, I can confirm that your boost on Tier 4 goods will indeed be on your Tier1 +1 manufactories (and therefore, relics).

DeletedUser2256

...Great.

My excitement for the new chapter is rapidly declining.

You mean "Decaying"?

The decay will work a little bit differently. Instead of getting lost completely, the amount of decayed goods will return to their original forms. More detailed information will come when Elementals are there :)

Another new feature? We are spoiled !

DeletedUser1657

I can begin to see why this would have taken longer than a normal race to work through. So many changes in mechanics that influence so many other aspects of the game
  • Trade - in terms of T4 and in terms of decay
  • decaying goods
  • T4 goods
  • Tournaments
  • MA
  • Boosted goods buildings and spells
  • Space expectations
Could be others and that's before even looking at more standard stuff like new unit upgrades and buildings, etc.

personally I am starting to find the decay concept getting "old", will be interesting to see how this one works.

SoggyShorts

personally I am starting to find the decay concept getting "old", will be interesting to see how this one works.
The tiny amount of mana you can save by paying attention to it never seemed worthwhile to me. The only thing it adds is a mana cap of about daily productionx10, and some cap is needed so that players waiting for months can't stockpile millions of it.

DeletedUser1657

The tiny amount of mana you can save by paying attention to it never seemed worthwhile to me. The only thing it adds is a mana cap of about daily productionx10, and some cap is needed so that players waiting for months can't stockpile millions of it.

There are other ways to cap it, like coins and supplies for example. Actually it has a greater impact in terms of regular daily play.

SoggyShorts

There are other ways to cap it, like coins and supplies for example. Actually it has a greater impact in terms of regular daily play.
Exactly. I'm not sure that the decay mechanic adds anything more to the game than a normal cap does.
Reducing production by 10%, and making the cap equal to your productionx10 would accomplish the same thing.
I suppose the current system imposes a penalty for not logging in daily, I guess that's what it's for?

cpickett76

Hi guys,

At this point, I can confirm that your boost on Tier 4 goods will indeed be on your Tier1 +1 manufactories (and therefore, relics).

For the questions about space and how many to build: Of course that's totally up to you. Space is always the challenge in this game, so you should make your own strategy around that. Just know that Sentient Goods will be very valuable (much more so than your first 3 Tiers) so you'd want to produce a lot of them and for tech tree progress and things like that, Tier 1 goods will become much less important so if you're at the end of Halflings and have a lot of Tier 1 manufactories, don't be afraid to trade some of those for your new Tier 4 manufactories :)

@Marindor Does the space needed for the nonboost T1s factor into settlement area or your city space?

Jixel

Hi guys,

... I know you're just relaying info from the developers, but what we also rely on from you is some way to relay our feedback to the developers. And my thought on this is that in the context of previous design decisions they've made, this is an extremely poor design choice.

Given that the Magic Academy was made one of only a few non-deletable buildings, you'd have to assume that the developers think that it is important, and that players should use it a lot. Evidence from each and every event backs this up - every time, we need to produce spells, and often need to use them to produce large quantities of stuff (e.g. 404k supplies). Until now, there has been literally no need to ever preserve non-boosted good relics.

And this this ... suddenly, non-boosted good relics will determine our production rate for T4 goods, which (based on previous GR designs) will be needed in vast quantities that will take a long time to accumulate anyway - but this design penalises players who've played according to your previous design, and penalises the ones who bought in most to the Magic Academy style of play the hardest.

This is bad and inconsistent game design, and follows a recent trend of increasing inconsistencies in the designs of guest races, event quests, scouting/fighting, and ... basically everything in the game. How can we get this across to the developers ? How can they understand that if they tell us to play one way last month, and a completely different way now, and another different way next month, that we're going to be frustrated and upset and more likely to give up on the game ?

DeletedUser

yes a little weird all that ... for months we were told: relics boost ... then now unboosted relics: ((((
for example I have 650 steel relics (my boost) but only 64 of wood ...