• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elementals

DeletedUser1681

The market...
I'm not sure how the trading went (how easy it was to trade sentient goods) for those who have finished the Elementals chapter by now. My worry is the next wave and the one after that etc.

In my local server I belong to the next wave, I'm about 2/3 through the Elementals and I'm having trouble. I'm not saying it should be easy, there's always lack of some of the "original" resources as well. But when players who have finished the chapter talk about having shut down all (sentient) production, some are talking about if there's any sense of keeping those upgraded factories at all...ummm :(. I get it, no benefit in trading with goods for them but if the end result is that after a days of resultless attempts at trading with sentients goods players who have started the chapter later end up trading with wholesaler to advance in game - I think there's a chink in the game design.
Also many are guessing that next chapter you might need som tier 2 factories producing sentient goods (or whatever those might be called) and that would just be a repeat of those complications. Ofc players might just hop fellowships to find one that can help, but if you are the first in your fellowship to reach the Elementals and then just ditch the rest (who might have helped you with the "original" trades)... doesn't feel too good.

And now to the point - motivation to keep production of tier 1 sentient goods (and if there are tier 2 and 3 coming later).
If you think of the "original" resources there's always some incentive to trade, like negotiating provinces and tournaments, but there's no such thing with sentient goods - there should be. Maybe there should be a point in game where you must have a certain amount of sentient goods to acchieve things, a bit like orcs - it's probably not a very popular idea but still. Another option is that come next guest race the quests in that chapter would also require some of the 1st tier sentients (and later others etc). Third option might be that there would be sidequests completed with sentient goods maybe rewarding a couple of diamonds or spells or instants.

Basically it would be very reassuring to hear that there's a plan to keep players trading with these newly introduced goods, otherwise it's gonna be a real player killer especially in smaller servers. IMHO.

Dony

King of Bugs
as i said before my guess is that T4-T6 will slowly replace T1-T3 everywhere (negotiation in tournaments, world map (T2+T3+T4 then T3+T4+T5 then T4+T5+T6 all based on SSU), upgrading buildings, tech tree) so people who finish with tech tree will be forced to keep producing it and thus make market more reliable for everybody

DeletedUser1767

I'm done with Elementals in my main city, but I'm still upgrading factories, and therefore still posting trades, what I've noticed is that the trades posted are almost entirely hideously unfair, like offering 28103 platinum and demanding 85500 elven tree gum in return, or 450 platinum demanding 1350 elven tree gum. (NB: Those aren't the most egregious trades I've seen, just the only ones currently up.) My trades, which are a) fair and b) much smaller, do get taken, but taken more slowly than my trades for non-sentient goods. Platinum producers have worked out that they're in an advantageous position in that world and are responding accordingly. I don't like this, but what can you do.

edeba

We need a "hide t4" button... Yesterday 49 pages in my trader... It would be nice to view t1-3 without having to go through so many pages.

Of course, if we had a sliding scale for trades, so people could only put up 1, and we just choose how much to trade, there wouldn't so many pages of trades.

edeba

We still need a hide t4 button. You do not pick up people who have opposite trades on your map that can't reach each other and newbie accounts end up quite well hidden.

CrazyWizard

The market...
I'm not sure how the trading went (how easy it was to trade sentient goods) for those who have finished the Elementals chapter by now. My worry is the next wave and the one after that etc.

In my local server I belong to the next wave, I'm about 2/3 through the Elementals and I'm having trouble. I'm not saying it should be easy, there's always lack of some of the "original" resources as well. But when players who have finished the chapter talk about having shut down all (sentient) production, some are talking about if there's any sense of keeping those upgraded factories at all...ummm :(. I get it, no benefit in trading with goods for them but if the end result is that after a days of resultless attempts at trading with sentients goods players who have started the chapter later end up trading with wholesaler to advance in game - I think there's a chink in the game design.
Also many are guessing that next chapter you might need som tier 2 factories producing sentient goods (or whatever those might be called) and that would just be a repeat of those complications. Ofc players might just hop fellowships to find one that can help, but if you are the first in your fellowship to reach the Elementals and then just ditch the rest (who might have helped you with the "original" trades)... doesn't feel too good.

And now to the point - motivation to keep production of tier 1 sentient goods (and if there are tier 2 and 3 coming later).
If you think of the "original" resources there's always some incentive to trade, like negotiating provinces and tournaments, but there's no such thing with sentient goods - there should be. Maybe there should be a point in game where you must have a certain amount of sentient goods to acchieve things, a bit like orcs - it's probably not a very popular idea but still. Another option is that come next guest race the quests in that chapter would also require some of the 1st tier sentients (and later others etc). Third option might be that there would be sidequests completed with sentient goods maybe rewarding a couple of diamonds or spells or instants.

Basically it would be very reassuring to hear that there's a plan to keep players trading with these newly introduced goods, otherwise it's gonna be a real player killer especially in smaller servers. IMHO.

the next chapter and the chapters after it still need t4.
For that reason on the live server I have kept 1 t4 factory, this is also so I can help my fellow guildmates.

Instead of looking whats aviable at the market I advise you to just post what you need on the market.
I havent seen anyone with issues so far.

edeba

I've kept 2. Polished it makes a decent amount that decays and helps to balance a fellowship shortage.

the next chapter and the chapters after it still need t4.
For that reason on the live server I have kept 1 t4 factory, this is also so I can help my fellow guildmates.

Instead of looking whats aviable at the market I advise you to just post what you need on the market.
I havent seen anyone with issues so far.

DeletedUser1901

I'm curious about people's thoughts on upgrading tier 1 boosted factories to level 24 and up. Is it worth the population/culture costs and losing the 24hr/48hr productions? I will not be making Sentient Goods with them so it feels kind of pointless to do.

CrazyWizard

I'm curious about people's thoughts on upgrading tier 1 boosted factories to level 24 and up. Is it worth the population/culture costs and losing the 24hr/48hr productions? I will not be making Sentient Goods with them so it feels kind of pointless to do.

For me personally the 24/48 productions were useless anyway. the only time I used them was when it was needed for an event quest / FSA

Jaxom

I use the 24/48 productions when I will be away from the game for a period of time. I do some camping trips where there is no mobile coverage. When I return I throw an enchantment and get a nice big haul of goods. Much better than being stuck with the 9 hour production.

I have not upgraded my T4 past level 24. I had built 2 up to that level and after I completed Elementals they sat idle for months. I will cut back to just 1 once I complete the initial part of Amuni. And I am building only 1 T5. If Dony's prediction of widespread use of Sentient goods comes true I may regret these decisions. But right now the T4 and T5 buildings take up too much space and population.I am in no hurry to complete Amuni.

Dony

King of Bugs
sentient goods actually makes you catch up quite quickly, something that was not possible with normal goods