• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Valentine's Event

SoggyShorts

Without preparing all long productions = using spoilers = "cheating"
Just taking quests as they come, it may well be impossible.
as for "cheating by using spoilers", it kinda depends... almost every event quest is the same, so iff you've done one before, you know you should start your 3 day scout 2 days before it starts, likewise if you have room, build some level 1 goods/workshops, and set to max time. spells are simple, always have 2x PoP cooked during events.

Are experienced preparations still "cheating"?
As an example this event hasn't had any
"build xxx troops" yet, but my barracks
are full and ready

DeletedUser724

preparation could also be done by starting the scout right at the beginning of the questline, and stockpiling PoPs in the MA, aswell as building some small workshops + tier 1 fabs, which have to work on 1 day and 2 day productions.

and hope, that this is enough. essentially, it's always the same tune...

the quests are covered by "spoiler" as it spoil the "fun" as some player do not like to see quest details ahead <u should ask forum mod about it >

For those player, they will no preparation of scout, no stockpiling PoP......no pre-building workshop and T1
at the end, they cannot complete the event under ag123 calcaultion (11 days + more... )

Those "spoiler" actually killing the event
those "spoiler" entertained a small portion of player (who do not want to know quest details)
and hurt tons of player who jump to beta forum and try to find details of event quests in order to prepare "things" ahead

DeletedUser736

I am the one who first used the term "cheating" for using spoilers, and that is NOT cheating. I mean to say, for me, knowing ahead of time what is coming is taking away the enjoyment of the game. I'd prefer much more to be able to just play the game at take it as it goes.

Right now, those events are basically meant for hardcore player who actually work actively to beat an impossible time limit. Pretty much like the best rewards in the tournament are reserved for players willing to lose sleep over insane timers.

I won't see the end of the Valentine quest story line, pretty much as it turned out to be impossible for me to beat the winter event fully. I won't explode again, but I sure feel like it.

DeletedUser1657

It should be possible for a person to complete in the time frame set without spoilers. I am tracking ok with 8 days to go and 4 quests left, I however do not have long scout times. I have also used by event experience but even while guessing I still have often had long waits as I guessed wrong.

Sir Squirrel

I just started playing here on beta yesterday, and got to number 11 in one day, now I am stuck as I need 2 pop spells and am three or more researches away from getting to the magic academy. Not to mention very limited space for building any extra T1 factories or workshops for later quests. Even with the spoilers, I more than likely wont be able to complete the quest. Sucks being a new player during events! Should be a way to buy them, I would even consider paying diamonds for them at this point!

Last edited:

DeletedUser736

I'm avoiding the spoilers too, but scouting is 3 days here, so I don't think I'll manage. And I do not understand why they are so adamant that we should take such a long period to complete the event. They are trying to make the event last "about" the duration they fixed for it, but so many factors can slow down a player, it makes what should be an event a pain in the ass. In my case, scouting times are definitely to blame, but for other peoples, that could be real life obligation. Some peoples do not work on a regular schedule.One person in my fellowship constantly have this problem with event. Let's say the even request tiers 1 goods, 2 days. But in 2 days, she won't be able to collect right away because she's at the job, making her lose another 10-12 hours. Pileup those delays due to real life obligation, and many peoples are not able to finish the event because time has been calculated too tight.

I also really hate that it seems to be geared toward "hardcore" players, and not mean for general fun. I, myself, am getting a bit tired of having to put a big focus on playing in counter intuitive ways to try to complete events. For example, letting PoP spells rot in your magic academy to instantly complete quest that would normally take you a day? That's just annoying. Event should be hassle free. It should be "here's it's Valentine's day soon, so let's all have fun and follow a new story line, and put ourselves in the mood" but as it is, it's more "Hey! It's Valentine (easter/winter/summer"whatever) so we implemented a new quest that will give you nice reward, but we will make sure you sweat every second of it, and suck all the joy from your life.)

It reminds me of those timers for the tournament. It simply feels like the purpose of the thing is to make sure only hardcore players can make it.

Anyway, I'm still going for the spoiler less route. If I cannot complete the event, like that was the case for winter, so be it. Those special buildings eventually get outdated anyway.

DeletedUser736

I just started playing here on beta yesterday, and got to number 11 in one day, now I am stuck as I need 2 pop spells and am three researches away from getting my magic academy. Not to mention very limited space for building any extra T1 factories or workshops for later quests. Even with the spoilers, I more than likely wont be able to complete the quest. Sucks being a new player during events!
Being a veteran suck too. Being in "the middle" seems to be the sweet spot.

DeletedUser1657

I, myself, am getting a bit tired of having to put a big focus on playing in counter intuitive ways to try to complete events. For example, letting PoP spells rot in your magic academy to instantly complete quest that would normally take you a day? That's just annoying.

I wouldn't mind the occasional use PoP spell, they are cheap to replace and you don't have to have them waste away in the MA.

SoggyShorts

in past events, and this one I challenge myself by seeing how fast i can get it done.
imo there is loads of time to complete if you are in the GZ or small with short scout times, even without spoilers.

A few people have mentioned that it is geared ttowards "hardcore" players, defining those as spoiler seeking forum hunters, but i'd argue that the truly hardcore are those with 3 day scouts, and yes, they will have a much harder time, so they may need spoilers to complete.

perhaps there is a fragment of the playerbase that is both at 3 day scouts and doesn't access the forums, but not many.
unless they make the quests chapter based it would be very difficult to balance quests to mmake themequally challenging for all players.

maybe the solution to scouts quests is an alternative option like paying a large amount of goods? or just bring back the 2 PoP option, since that's in line with innos 1 day scout guideline

DeletedUser1877

I feel compelled to point out that there are players who are just starting. Myself, I started playing in the middle of the winter event, and ran into events that could not be done. The new player doesn't have a Magic Academy, so gaining spells can only be done by lucky neighbor help treasures. The boosted goods quests as well, to get past them in a reasonable amount of time (2 days) requires EIGHT T1 manufactories...... few if any new players can handle that either.

I'm inclined to suggest that quests shoult be (where possible) 'weighted' to player size, so the smaller players get quests that are for them of equal difficulty to the larger players quest.

SoggyShorts

I'm inclined to suggest that quests shoult be (where possible) 'weighted' to player size, so the smaller players get quests that are for them of equal difficulty to the larger players quest.

since the rewards are chapter based, i see no reason why the quests shouldn't be too.

We also know that it is possible, since the declinable ones are already based on chapter.

Last edited:

lika1961

Event should be hassle free. It should be "here's it's Valentine's day soon, so let's all have fun and follow a new story line, and put ourselves in the mood"

Couldn't agree more. The fun is very much absent.

Come on, devs - stop being lazy and put some imagination into it.

DeletedUser118

I remember that something like this has been suggested before was brushed off by the Administration cuz for them it was not doable right now.

Heymrdiedier

Not just "other games". This game. Every time you enter a new chapter your declinable quests change.:confused:
Im at the end of the woodelf chapter, and i still have the declinable quests from chapter 3. the declinables dont change chapter based, they change when you finish a certain undeclinable quest. (usually the research advanced scout quest).

So it is not possible yet in this game.

And if you wanna know why im still in chapter 3 declinables? i dont see the point in advancing to the next declinables untill my factories can produce 4000 goods in 3 hours. and thats not any time soon yet.

MalpA

quest 21

Upgrade 4 buildings to lvl 5 or higher

reward 3 EE

Last edited: