• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Valentine's Event

DeletedUser1767

Whaaaaaat.

I'm finished with the tech tree on Arendyll, but since I don't fight, I have techs open because I usually refuse to complete all of the optional squad size upgrades. I was never expecting the game to reward me for this. This does not seem right at all. @Heymrdiedier's idea is much better.

DeletedUser118

I was told, if you already have the tech tree finished, the quest completes as well automatically. So guess we are lucky this time.

sunrae

But I need 95 kps and 150,000 granite and 3000 copper to finish the tech tree which is is no way going to happen before the quest time runs out !! What was the point of me doing this quest at all? For the measly kp, spell or relic I got?? This is just taking the biscuit. This has got to be the most utterly stupid utterly mean minded thing they have done. It's supposed to be for FUN !! I am at the same level on my other world too. Lets just hope they change the ending otherwise a lot of players are not going to bother with it at all. :(:mad:

Heymrdiedier

the quest i seemed to have most touble with researching is the new scout of a new chapter while you have not enough provinces completed.
If your on that step now (wich i remember i was for almost a month because of no troops) this is gonna hurt badly

DeletedUser607

Quest #23 auto-completed confirmed.
Thanks to INNO

under which conditions?

tech tree fully researched or a research that can't be completed in time? (like the guy who has to deliver over 250k granite and a hefty load of copper to complete a tech).

DeletedUser607

I've looked at chapter III, and there are 5 ignorable researchs.

however, 4 of them are city expansions. and every player likes city expansions. leaving one squad expansion.

I don't recall that the quest-system wants players to research said squad expansion, but there is a good chance, that the quest-system isn't interested in that particular research.

Heymrdiedier

really? i had no idea thats how it worked.. what are your requirements for the "gain xx coins and advanced tools 2 times"?
i just recently switched, before i switched, i had 120k coins and 2 workshop productions for 7k hammers.
now i have 170k coins and 2 workshop productions for 9k hammers.

i know i could get more hammers if i advanced further in the main quest. But at the moment i can do 1 productions quest every 3 hours for 1 factory. so i get more hammers there. If i advanced further id have to use at least 2 factorys for the 4k goods quests, so in term advancing now would make me gain less hammers. Maybe with next guestrace i can get to 4k goods per 3 hours, then ill probably advance again (and then all the way till the end since the quest stays at 4k)

Marindor

under which conditions?

tech tree fully researched or a research that can't be completed in time? (like the guy who has to deliver over 250k granite and a hefty load of copper to complete a tech).

Hi guys,

We can answer this question for you: When Woodelves AW are researched, the quest will finish automatically, whether or not there are still unresearched techs in between. So if you are at the end of the tech tree and have purposely skipped techs, you won't need to go back to these chapters to be able to complete this event :)

Heymrdiedier

Hi guys,

We can answer this question for you: When Woodelves AW are researched, the quest will finish automatically, whether or not there are still unresearched techs in between. So if you are at the end of the tech tree and have purposely skipped techs, you won't need to go back to these chapters to be able to complete this event :)
While you are answering questions:

will this event start today on the live servers? or do we need version 1.22 for that on the live servers first?
And if we need 1.22, do you allready know if its coming soon? planned for today or tomorrow or maybe an extra week delay? :)

Marindor

While you are answering questions:

will this event start today on the live servers? or do we need version 1.22 for that on the live servers first?
And if we need 1.22, do you allready know if its coming soon? planned for today or tomorrow or maybe an extra week delay? :)

We do need 1.22 for that and are currently working hard to get this version to Live in time for the event to start today. In fact we will get the latest 1.22 version on Beta very soon for final testing before Live implementation :)

SoggyShorts

i know i could get more hammers if i advanced further in the main quest. But at the moment i can do 1 productions quest every 3 hours for 1 factory. so i get more hammers there. If i advanced further id have to use at least 2 factorys for the 4k goods quests, so in term advancing now would make me gain less hammers.

I promise not to derail this thread, but this is another example of how backwards the declinable quest system is.
It should not be better for players to hold off on the main questline. Players should not get more supplies by being behind. Players should not get more from a few level 1 workshops than from max level workshops.

To be clear, this isn't an attack on you heymrdieder, of course you should use the only system that is in place, but inno really needs to get rid of those quests, and give players a better way to get supplies.

Heymrdiedier

I promise not to derail this thread, but this is another example of how backwards the declinable quest system is.
It should not be better for players to hold off on the main questline. Players should not get more supplies by being behind. Players should not get more from a few level 1 workshops than from max level workshops.

To be clear, this isn't an attack on you heymrdieder, of course you should use the only system that is in place, but inno really needs to get rid of those quests, and give players a better way to get supplies.

No inno need to keep their hands of the quest. What they want i usually dont like: they would just remove the quests and have us build more workshops. Ofcourse those workshops would still not produce enough hammers, so we need to use spells on them to get enough hammers for upgrading or even keeping the barracks running.
That way we cant complain there are no good spells (and no use for huge magic academy), because you couldnt advance without them. And it would also make sure we use up a lot of space on workshops/Academy so we barely have room for production. Barely production means no more buying off provinces on world map, or being forced to buy diamonds for expansions.

So no id rather have them ignore this and not force their (expensive) playstyle on us.

and no it isnt better, i would get more hammers by advancing, but this way is more of my playstyle. I dont like having to use spells and restart my workshop production every 15 mins, just to get enough hammers. Id rather questrotate when i want to and i have the time.

DeletedUser1526

No inno need to keep their hands of the quest. What they want i usually dont like: they would just remove the quests and have us build more workshops. Ofcourse those workshops would still not produce enough hammers

I agree 100% with this.
Inno nerfed quests 2-3 times in the past, they "rebalanced" them from better to worse. So, even if I do not have nerves to flip quests I can see why is this the only option for many players to keep up with tools... Since day one of this game Inno has never ever made something to go in the players favor, always the opposite. So, please, Soggy, stop asking them to take away more things from players. Because, when they do take quests they won't give us nothing in return, you should know that. Please. Thank you very much.
And, btw, Inno did stop quests in 2015, the result was: 1/3 of Beta players deleted their cities in rage and left game for good.

DeletedUser736

I agree 100% with this.
Inno nerfed quests 2-3 times in the past, they "rebalanced" them from better to worse. So, even if I do not have nerves to flip quests I can see why is this the only option for many players to keep up with tools... Since day one of this game Inno has never ever made something to go in the players favor, always the opposite. So, please, Soggy, stop asking them to take away more things from players. Because, when they do take quests they won't give us nothing in return, you should know that. Please. Thank you very much.
And, btw, Inno did stop quests in 2015, the result was: 1/3 of Beta players deleted their cities in rage and left game for good.
I doubt the validity of 1/3 statistic here, no offense :D But it sure did happen. The reason is does happen is that, as I pointed out already but nobody seemed to understand what I really meant, is that Inno, time and again, changed rules. Wholesaler is another example. When you spent months building up a city with a particular mindset (ex : the wholesaler as a mean to gain tier 1 resources) and that "suddenly" get turned upside down and your design does not work anymore, it is incredibly frustrating.

And I'm going to flip if I see again the argument that Inno called the shots. True, in some instance (the wholesaler) we KNEW it was coming (at least for forums reader), but knowing ahead does nothing to alleviate the frustration that the city you designed won't work anymore. It gives you a faire chance to rebuild differently, but no, it's still as frustrating as hell.

And BTW I barely use the wholesaler. In fact, PERSONNALY, I don't really care about the change. But I certainly DO understand why it is incredibly frustrating to some players.

Dhurrin

I want to make a recommendation to change the Horse Puncher bit. Horse Kicker would be fine in my book, but seeing the fact that others are also wondering about this, I'm feeling it's best altered. Or change the animal or something (sheep puncher, goat puncher, cow puncher all seem to avoid my concern).

Why?

Because there's a very similar phrase which varies only in the animal which denotes a particular act of sexual violence. I wouldn't expect every American to recognize the phrase, let alone every English speaker, but because of how severely negative the denotation is, it might be worth changing. Sexual violence and Valentine's Day don't go together very well.

I do not know just how wide-spread the usage of this phrase is, and thus I don't know just how many folks might draw this connection. And since I don't know how many are going to draw the connection, I don't know how important this is, but if others are wondering about horse punchers, I might well not be the only one who would take this as a reference to sexual violence against women.

Really? I mean, you really seriously mean this?
To me this looks like just trying to find something, its really too farfetched to be taken seriously